BB USA > National Team Speeches

National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
294828.2 in reply to 294828.1
Date: 07/18/2018 16:17:03
Overall Posts Rated:
Greetings, I am Bob and I am running for NT coach.

A little bit of bio: I am entering my 4th year as a middling NBBA manager, I have trained USA U21 players in the past, was coach of the Barbados U21 for two terms , and have been active the last two seasons with USA NT discussions and planning. I also enjoy walks on the beach and cuddling puppies if you want to factor that in. I bet you do.

The main discussion for the last NT election is still true the go around also: The pipeline of trainees is lacking championship depth and caliber and needs the attention of an attentive coach and staff to encourage good player candidates to develop. That obviously always needs to be a priority of the NT coach at all times and more so these days. I hope to do what I can here, especially collaborating with the few but crazy patriotic US managers who are committed long term to training NT players. The players that US managers have trained have always been the backbone of the roster.

Another issue I want to address is running (and develop players who can run) multiple offenses. It’s no secret…you , me, your Mom, your goldfish, your deity all know that the easiest and most often effective tactic is LI. But a successful program can’t live or die on one tactic, and I don’t plan to try.

I’m happy to field any questions.

Your best friend, Bob

This Post:
294828.3 in reply to 294828.2
Date: 07/19/2018 01:23:04
Arizona Desert Storm
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Whoever we vote for...I just don't think it can be a dude named Vag!

This Post:
294828.5 in reply to 294828.4
Date: 07/20/2018 08:56:50
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont think i will be coming up with sonething quite as eloquent as this, though it does fit the curcumstances

https://youtu.be/CCA6uxQE-bw

Well lets look at our field. Two foreign candidates, which leaves a choice there between the BB equivalent of Jorgen Klinnsman or Mao Se Tung. I would like to think the Sahand regime showed where going this direction leads. And where it led in mt view was to a breakdown of communication on both sides.

So we can go with a guy whos screen name is a reference to the guy wgo did the theme from chariots of fire.

You could choose to have another retread in Dwight or Isiah, been there done that.

Of course his emminence is always an option as i sure Bob will be happy to descend from on high to oh so righteously return ys to glory. But we all know its a scam to increase sales of his preferred type of garden fresh produce.

And then you got little old me. The comic relief, the instigator, the social butterfly. But when you get beyond the facade you see a guy and a team that are survivors.

But this is not why i should be given the chance to sit in the captains chair. What i feel i do best is foster an activist spirit among those whos path i cross. Look at my league forum, last season saw over 200 posts to the thread, and while i had my share there were many others who decided to be part of the process. And that is what the USNT needs to build for the future, its not training regimes or tactical think tanks (though we have a great discord crew in place for both of those areas) what we need to truly grow is a salesman that will spread the gospel, who will bring new blood into the fold, who will get long time managers who have never cared about the fate and fortunes of the NT to becine part of the process.

I am the one who can provide the propulsion to lead to this level of engagement.

The old ways have not worked well enough, time for a new tact.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 07/20/2018 09:51:00