BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.64 > power rankings by divison

power rankings by divison

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/16/2018 18:39:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to this new idea I came up with where I'll rank teams based on what transpires over the course of the season and based a little bit off of opinion. As you can see, I am splitting it up by division. First I will have the power rankings themselves, then fit as much discussion as I can afterward. Also, I will not be including CPU teams in the rankings bc who cares for them. Without further ado, here we go, starting with the Big 8.
Big 8 Power rankings:
1) BPE (1-0)
2) Gators (1-0)
3) WildHoochieKoos (1-0)
4) Big Beavers (0-1)
5) Snake River Panthers (1-0)
6) San Diego Crows* (0-1)

*means I will monitor their activity through the season to see if I really count as an "active user team" them or not

Great 8 power rankings:
T1)Raleigh Capitols (1-0)
T1)Hard2Guard (1-0)
3)The Duck City Ninjas (0-1)
4)The Barack O'Ballers (1-0)
5)Jersey Blazing Heat (0-1)

Discussion/explanation: For the Big 8 power rankings...the reason I put BPE one is simple: to be at the top, you gotta beat who's at the top. Plus, they looked impressive in dismantling the Crows. Why Big Beavers over Snake River? Even though Snake River got the win, you're not gonna win many games playing defense like that against player-controlled teams, whereas Big Beavers simply drew a tough matchup to start the season. For the Great 8...I need to see more games from this Capitols team before putting them outright at number one; that said, the 89 point win, even if versus a computer team, has my attention. Hard2Guard sent a clear message, though, that the gap between 2 and 3 in the Great 8 this season has definitely increased. Jersey's first half also caught my attention; let's see if they do something to add to the team they have or let this interesting start falter eventually.

This Post:
293782.2 in reply to 293782.1
Date: 04/18/2018 16:15:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is the week two power rankings and...nothing has changed except for records...2-0 teams include-BPE, Gators, WildHoochieKoos, Snake River Panthers, Raleigh Capitols, and Hard2Guard; 1-1 teams include-The Duck City Ninjas and The Barack O'Ballers. 0-2 teams include-Big Beavers, Jersey Blazing Heat, and San Diego Crows who if they aren't active at all by the next update, I'm gonna stop tracking. For actual rankings, you can literally look at my last post and just adjust the records. The interesting thing to watch in the Big 8 is how WildHoochieKoos performs. If they continue to outdo Gators against common opponents, I may have to slide them up to 2. In the Great 8, the interesting thing to watch is how Raleigh does against the other top-rated teams in the division. Their next game is against Duck City, which should be a good measuring stick game for the impending mega matchup on the 28th. Big Beavers has had a brutal schedule to start, but things look to be easing up going forward. Jersey is having to go through the Great 8 gauntlet, though I expect them to pick it up a little, especially as they start playing the computer teams.

This Post:
293782.3 in reply to 293782.2
Date: 04/19/2018 09:15:29
Raleigh Capitals
IV.9
Overall Posts Rated:
This is great! Keep 'em coming!

This Post:
293782.4 in reply to 293782.3
Date: 04/21/2018 15:21:52
WildTipatinas
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
finally found you!! thanks for your contribution.

This Post:
293782.5 in reply to 293782.1
Date: 04/22/2018 14:33:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Update: I am no longer going to count the Crows in the rankings since they've been inactive for 3 weeks.
Big 8 Power rankings:
1) BPE (3-0)
2) Gators (3-0)
3) WildHoochieKoos (3-0)
4) Big Beavers (1-2)
5) Snake River Panthers (2-1)

Great 8 power rankings:
1)Raleigh Capitols (3-0)
2)Hard2Guard (3-0)
3)The Duck City Ninjas (1-2)
4)The Barack O'Ballers (2-1)
5)Jersey Blazing Heat (1-2)

Discussion/explanation: I thought Raleigh would win pretty soundly against Duck CIty...but I wasn't expecting THAT. It seems safe to put them as the exclusive #1 in the Great 8 for now, but the mega-matchup on the 28th will determine that ultimately. Other than that, I'm fully expecting Duck City to win the rest of the first round of division play now that they've gotten through their brutal stretch to start the season. As for the Big 8, Big Beavers won over Snake River, which I expected, but it was a little closer than I thought it would be; the disparity in rebounding clearly made a huge difference. If I were Snake River, then, assuming they have enough funds to do this, I'd look for a center on the transfer market with high ratings in the post player skills, especially rebounding(though preferably it would be a younger player). Other than that, things are shaping up as expected and congratulations to Jersey City on their first win of the season!

This Post:
293782.6 in reply to 293782.5
Date: 04/25/2018 15:57:43
Overall Posts Rated:
Here's the updated power rankings as major matchups in both divisions loom

Big 8 Power rankings:
1) BPE (4-0)
2) Gators (4-0)
3) WildHoochieKoos (4-0)
4) Big Beavers (1-3)
5) Snake River Panthers (3-1)

Great 8 power rankings:
1)Raleigh Capitols (4-0)
2)Hard2Guard (4-0)
3)The Duck City Ninjas (2-2)
4)The Barack O'Ballers (3-1)
5)Jersey Blazing Heat (1-3)

discussion/explanation: Nothing I saw in these games changed my opinions on the teams. Commenting on the games, the thing I was most interested about was seeing H2G bust out the old run and gun with a press that they used to run all the time. Other than that, all the games went as expected and there wasn't anything of note to look at tactically or with any interesting lineup changes that I'm aware of.

This Post:
293782.7 in reply to 293782.6
Date: 04/26/2018 14:45:03
WildTipatinas
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Here's an exclusive head's up to you. If it works you have something to talk about if not forget about it.
will be defending BPE's bigs with an inside box and 1. They seem to like their bigs no matter which offense they run. Will come at them with my inside game even though my center is hurt. No excuses!

This Post:
293782.8 in reply to 293782.6
Date: 04/29/2018 15:19:09
Overall Posts Rated:
There are not as many big matchups looming, but still some intriguing ones on the way. Here are the updated power rankings going into those

Big 8 Power rankings:
1) BPE (5-0)
2) Gators (5-0)
3) WildHoochieKoos (4-1)
4) Big Beavers (2-3)
5) Snake River Panthers (3-2)

Great 8 power rankings:
1)Raleigh Capitols (5-0)
2)Hard2Guard (4-1)
3)The Duck City Ninjas (3-2)
4)The Barack O'Ballers (4-1)
5)Jersey Blazing Heat (2-3)

discussion/explanation: the games went as expected, though some of the margins were surprising. The injury to Hooch's starting center made a big impact on the game against BPE; maybe they don't win with him healthy, but they probably shoot better than 25% from the field...yikes. They tried putting in a higher effort level and tried to slow down the big men for BPE through strategy, but Baldriz still got his buckets despite the inside box and one defense that Hooch played. Another interesting thing to note was BPE bringing their second-leading scorer off the bench; he was still kept in check scoring wise, however. Perhaps this was with the intent of starting with a more defensive based lineup? I'd have to ask Smooth himself to get that answer. What I can tell you is that the gameplan I had for Snake River went even better than expected. I went with a defense based starting lineup and brought Bayramov, usually my best scorer, off the bench. I expected to win by a sizeable margin; what I was not expecting was holding them to 21% from the field on defense and significantly impacting the averages of previously some of the highest average scoring players in league IV.64. Lastly, we have another interesting matchup impacted by an injury. Raleigh vs Hard2Guard went about as I expected it to, a relatively close game where Raleigh comes out on top. Depending on a few factors, namely injuries, however, I could see Hard2Guard getting them back in the rematch at their place. Another interesting thing to note is the fact that H2G decided to play through their post players in this game. The injury to Ortiz obviously affected the tactical decisions, but it almost felt like, in addition, a way to reward Tomo Plot just for this game for being a beast on the boards for so long.

This Post:
293782.9 in reply to 293782.8
Date: 05/02/2018 19:05:11
Overall Posts Rated:
As inter-conference play draws near, let's take a look at the updated power rankings.

Big 8 Power rankings:
1) BPE (6-0)
2) Gators (6-0)
3) WildHoochieKoos (4-2)
4) Big Beavers (3-3)
5) Snake River Panthers (3-3)

Great 8 power rankings:
1)Raleigh Capitols (6-0)
2)Hard2Guard (5-1)
3)The Duck City Ninjas (4-2)
4)The Barack O'Ballers (4-2)
5)Jersey Blazing Heat (2-4)

discussion/explanation: Snake River got picked apart by another top-ranked team in the Big 8...seems like when I was just starting out. Also, I'm pretty sure Hooch is about to get Must back when the two teams play so there's that. I was also surprised to see Hooch take it easy in the matchup against me, but I can understand the rationale considering they're about to get their big man back. In the Great 8, Hard2Guard basically beat the O'Ballers at their own game, so it'll be interesting to see with one of their players back from injury whether they continue playing through their post players or go back to a perimeter-based game. Duck City and Jersey played their usual brands of basketball; one interesting development, though, was the dominance of Duck City's bench unit in the fourth quarter of that game. Maybe it's partly because, like when I was starting, Jersey doesn't have much of a bench, but if a top-tier second unit develops for Duck city, it could help them going forward, especially in tougher close games.

This Post:
293782.10 in reply to 293782.9
Date: 05/06/2018 19:59:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Here are the updated power rankings as we head into inter-conference play

Big 8 Power rankings:
1) BPE (7-0)
2) Gators (6-1)
3) WildHoochieKoos (5-2)
4) Big Beavers (4-3)
5) Snake River Panthers (3-4)

Great 8 power rankings:
1)Raleigh Capitols (7-0)
2)Hard2Guard (6-1)
3)The Duck City Ninjas (5-2)
4)The Barack O'Ballers (4-3)
5)Jersey Blazing Heat (3-4)

discussion/explanation: first of all...wow. I was not expecting the O'ballers to get absolutely run out the gym like that. Oh, my goodness. Also, Hooch went away from playing post offense and blew out Snake River, and now they get their starting center back as the head into inter-conference play. Lastly, it has become evident to me that once I get sufficient funds after expanding my stadium again, I need to get some more players because while the team I have now is close, BPE has seemed to have clearly established themselves as the Big 8's top dog as of present. What would that look like? I don't know, possibly a point guard that could move Basham into a 6th man role for now or another player with close to Lackey's capabilities to defend both the perimeter and post at a high level.

This Post:
293782.11 in reply to 293782.10
Date: 05/07/2018 08:59:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow. vs WildHoochieKoos, @ Gators, and vs BPE.Bombers. Hopefully my new strategy will atleast allow me to get 2 out of 3 in this stretch. Course, the main issue will be dealing with the Koo's C, which even though has a low salary, seems to be their offense's engine. We'll see what happens! Also plan a couple lineup changes.