BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > How to find useful players to avoid relegation?

How to find useful players to avoid relegation?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/06/2016 12:56:07
Blue Vikings
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Big Horn Sheep
My Utopia team has made its second trip to Div III after being relegated handily on our last appearance. The roster is probably slightly weaker this go around. I'd like to try and stay in Div III. I think the best upgrade to be competitive is at the PG position. I'm willing to spend my entire promotion bonus and more to make this addition. However, I cannot win an auction for a player that has at least 9 in all guard skills, 61+ TSP, less than $30k salary,and is 31 years of age or younger.

I've identified several of these players over the last couple of weeks but have been outbid on all of them.

1st: I want to complain about the transfer market. I want to improve my team to stay in Div III, but I keep getting outbid on players that are probably not good enough to help me avoid relegation. WTF?

2nd: If I can't get a player of this caliber, is there any advice to be given to avoid relegation?

3rd: Is this just transfer market upheaval and we'll get better prices after I promote again after next season after this season's relegation?

This Post:
280004.3 in reply to 280004.1
Date: 06/06/2016 21:12:15
Overall Posts Rated:
i know how ya feel buddy, I was bot promoted to Utopia d.3 after my first winning season with my Utopian team and 60k in salaries. I was outclassed by atleast 3x my salaries when i was promoted. No way in hell would i be able to acquire 120k in salaries with what i had. I was expecting to have another season or 2 in d.4 where i could continue to train and build my arena, but now i am forced to swallow a season of losing, less income and screwed up training minutes.

I spent every dime i got for promoting to try and get a couple guys who could atleast help me not lose every game and i have pulled out 1 win atleast so far. Luckily i feel like i can out coach most managers otherwise i would likely quit as a result as it is a pretty stupid situation to put a team in. I've had 2 guys invited and join in the last 3 months and they both quit after 2-3 days because they couldn't afford players or staff and found the game boring and overly favorable to vets.

Buzzerbeater is going to die based solely on the fact they refuse to change the problems with the game and instead just keep adding stupid features that have no point to the game. One end all be all way to win, one end all be all way to train, one end all be all way to make money. I question how anyone can wonder why this game is struggling to keep users when one looks at all the issues that have plagued the game in recent seasons and then you look at what the devs are actually doing to fix it....they are doing nothing to fix the problems with the game, they just keep polishing a turd by adding features like a custom graphic for your court, sure its neat and all but id rather see them fix the issues plaguing the game then keep doing cosmetic things that only seek to distract the populace from the real issues at hand

This Post:
280004.5 in reply to 280004.1
Date: 06/07/2016 16:26:17
Blue Vikings
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Big Horn Sheep
Thanks for the advice all. I guess the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Picked up a viable PG and won a league game.

Also, the deleted comment had some insightful points regarding my USA team and my trainee's face that will be trained to rain fire on Div IV.

This Post:
280004.6 in reply to 280004.2
Date: 06/13/2016 07:58:51
Hemet Hooligans
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
What is Ent?

Message deleted