BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Championship Strategy

Championship Strategy

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/07/2016 01:33:44
Overall Posts Rated:
So I just beat the #1 as the #3 seed to advance to the Championship Series. The guy I'm playing was the #1 seed from the other division and has been playing POT throughout the playoffs. I played him once this season and beat him 80-72 while my team was on TIE and he put in more effort than me (I'm assuming normal.) Is there any sound logic in not playing all two/three championship games Playoff Crunch Time. I figured I could play normal in one of the first two games and just play Crunch Time in the other two to make sure I win those (I think I will still have a decent shot at beating him even if I'm just on normal and he's on Crunch Time.) By doing this I'm assuming he will play Crunch Time every game and even though I may lose a game, I will have a better shot at winning the next one with my players having only played normal in one of the previous games and his players having played on Crunch Time. I've been playing TIE for the whole year so my team effort level is pretty high. I think it was at determined before I played my last game on Crunch Time. It looks like he has been playing on normal all year so his effort should be average to low. Another factor to consider is that my best player was injured in my last game and will be out for the remainder of the playoffs. Thoughts?

This Post:
276418.2 in reply to 276418.1
Date: 02/07/2016 06:22:15
Durham Wasps
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Because the middle game is the day before the third game, its absolutely essential that you normal that game. In my opinion any other choice is simply wrong. It has so much effect on your enthusiasm the following day simply because there's no time for enth to drop. So if you Crunch that game and your opponent doesn't, then there's almost no chance for you to win game 3.

This leaves you with the choice of what to do with game 1, and again, for me, this is a simple choice. You must normal that game also. This will keep your enthusiasm up for game 2, giving you the chance to win that game on normal at home.

Hopefully your opponent will crunch as you expect, giving you the advantage.

I have to say, this didn't work for me when I tried it, but in my case, my opponent was simply better than me, whereas you've already beaten your opponent.