Help - English > BB Injuries - Perception

BB Injuries - Perception

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
276049.10 in reply to 276049.5
Date: 01/11/2016 11:22:00
Overall Posts Rated:
How often do we see two week injuries though? I haven't had one in any of my teams in many seasons. Maybe I have been a bit lucky or my lvl 4 doctor really does the trick.
It's just luck. I have had 2 just this season with a lvl 4 doctor. Effectively I have played 6 weeks (out of 8) with 110K less salary in either guard slot and this has seriously hampered my season since I haven't been able to field decent OD while also training every game. One of the 2 is also the best scorer on the team.

When a starter goes down not only you have that he's not going to be serviceable for many more weeks due to GS, but controlling minutes on other players becomes next to impossible.

Also please note that the England NT starting C got hurt for 2 weeks and his manager has a level 7 (World Renowned) doctor...

Last edited by Lemonshine at 01/11/2016 11:30:24

This Post:
276049.13 in reply to 276049.10
Date: 01/12/2016 05:50:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Also please note that the England NT starting C got hurt for 2 weeks and his manager has a level 7 (World Renowned) doctor...

You are asking for a miracle healer, or what? Or some amulet of protection?

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
276049.15 in reply to 276049.14
Date: 01/12/2016 07:39:01
Overall Posts Rated:
In real life it does not suck as much because cases like Rose where supermax contracts are given to a star that gets injured soon after the contract is given are exactly 1 in the entire history of the sport, not just the NBA.

In real life an injury does not suck as much because you have a massive number of players you can acquire while in the game you have only the ones who have been raised by the teams (3 per season). In real life it does not suck as much because you can acquire a player in free agency without any signing bonus, just by paying his salary (or if you're a top team paying peanuts as players want to play for you). In real life it does not suck as much because you don't have to wait 8 years of Shaquille O'Neal playing PG or Michael Jordan playing C for them to turn into a good player. In real life it doesn't suck as much because contracts are capped based on the years a player spent in the league.

Again, let's stop pretending this game simulates the NBA or any other league. It doesn't.

Out of the millions of injured basketball players in the world you have 1 Derrick Rose. You have a very small percentage of career ending injuries. However the vast majority of injuries do not prevent a player from playing or are very short. This is a fact. An elbow to the face causes is an injury. A strained calf is an injury. A jammed finger is an injury.

You want career ending injuries for the sake of realism? Ok. Then for the sake of realism, please don't be a hypocrite and make sure you also ask that that 95% of the injuries are cured before the following game (or within the same game, "taping injuries" specialty for every doctor) and that the remaining 4.9% are as long as they are now and 0.1% are season long injuries.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 01/12/2016 07:47:06

This Post:
276049.16 in reply to 276049.13
Date: 01/12/2016 08:01:02
Overall Posts Rated:
You are asking for a miracle healer, or what? Or some amulet of protection?
Sorry not living in your fantasy world, mate.

We get it. You like injuries. You roll with a minimal doctor with no specialty because it's fun. In fact if you could have a floor cleaner instead, you would.

In any case to answer your question, I understand it's not easy, but do try to come to terms with the fact that I was replying to Manon's claim that 2 week injuries are very rare if you have a level 4 doctor.

And what I would like to have clarity on is: how much better a level 7 doctor is compared to a level 1 doctor considering he costs 20x, 30x more? 1x? 2x? What's the benefit and what is the purpose of high level doctors if they don't provide any advantage and they still can't prevent long injuries which effectively sideline a player for over a third of the season?

Last edited by Lemonshine at 01/12/2016 08:06:29

This Post:
276049.18 in reply to 276049.16
Date: 01/12/2016 11:02:46
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a lvl 4 doctor and in so far this season I had a 2 week, 3 week and most recently a one week injury.

Two of those injuries should not have happened according to your logic, mate. A doctor comes into play AFTER an injury has happened, not before.

So in real world my players would have a broken hand, a foot fracture and the some ankle sprain - no matter if my doctor was Doogie Howser or Dr. Nick Riviera, those injuries could have happened. Sometimes players get injured outside of the court - Carlos Boozer or Monta Ellis. Sometimes players die, like Len Bias.

This situation could totally screw my team if I was in a competitive environment, but at the moment I am fine with it. Sometimes I profit from injuries, sometimes it hurts my team.

No need to go on a crusade, just because your NTs STARTING C is injured, mate.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
276049.19 in reply to 276049.18
Date: 01/12/2016 11:43:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Other fact for you, since you like to go off on your own describing a world that does not exist. More than one pro player has played with a broken finger and microfractures to their feet etc. This is history.

That said a fracture in the NBA usually amounts to 16ish games missed. 15/82=18%, which in the BB world would translate in 4 league games and 2 cup games. Now since a 2 week BB injury usually lasts around 8 games we can deduce that a 2 week injury is worse than a normal bone fracture.

Of course, then you have 3, 4 and 5 week BB injuries as well...I've seen them even at the top level.

No need to go on a crusade, just because your NTs STARTING C is injured, mate
Neither you have to argue for the sake of arguing for something that, as you say, does not affect you in any way. The C is a staggering example of a system that does not work, not because he's the NT starting C, but because he missed 3 weeks of play and he's still in bad GS weeks after he came back, despite having a maximum level doctor. I simply used a direct example that we have seen recently. But I could tell you of even more absurd injuries (5 weeks with a good doctor, players injured for 2 weeks at the last second of playoff games on intentional fouling...) that I have seen in the past.

You're happy with the status quo. Good for you. Many managers are not. And since this is a minor issue which is easy to change as it has no impact whatsoever on the GE. At the very least I would expect more clarity about the length of the injuries (so 1 week = 1 week maximum not 2 week maximum) and about the benefit of higher level doctors.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 01/12/2016 13:31:13

This Post:
276049.20 in reply to 276049.19
Date: 01/12/2016 11:48:37
Overall Posts Rated:
because he missed 3 weeks of play and he's still in bad GS weeks after he came back, despite having a maximum level doctor. I simply used a direct example that we have seen recently.

What does GS have to do with a doctor? Of course you are out of shape after a serious injury and long recovery. Some players never come back the same, have stamina or psychogical issues - we don't have that here. The current system is less harsh than reality, if you wan't it less challenging I can understand, but I don't like it.

Advertisement