BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Wrong Place, Wrong time

Wrong Place, Wrong time

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/05/2015 20:56:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello, I recently joined Buzzerbeater at the end of S31 right before the playoff started. The team I gained control over was first in its division.......that was loaded with bots. So naturally, I began the rebuilding process to get some players that would be worthwhile and intentionally lost the playoffs in an attempt to not be promoted...that didn't work. I was till promoted and now have a team of guys with a lot of potential but not nearly ready to battle these other user controlled teams that have been in this new division for awhile.

My question is now, where should I go from here?

Should I tank and just maximize training time for all my players or try to be competitive? Is there another option i could do?

This Post:
272493.2 in reply to 272493.1
Date: 08/05/2015 21:52:15
Fab Five
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Fabulous Five
You are not tanking, you are putting the basis for a solid team. Expand your arena, learn to train your players, invest for the next draft and finish last in your league to take the best prospects. Repeat the process if you don't have enough with one season. When your arena is ready and your trainees start to look good, buy some players to complete your team. Then you can start to compete.
In the meantime, learn about GS, enthusiasm, tactics, training, etc.
This is the fastest way to improve your team. A bit slow at the beginning, but worth it later.

There is always other options. For example, you could buy a bunch of old guys on the cheap and try to compete that way. Or you could spend your money in the transfer list. Or try to make money trading players. I don't recomend any of these ways for several reasons.

I don't like to advice newcomers not to compete when they start in this game, so feel free to do whatever makes you have more fun. But if I had done what I tell you in my first 5 seasons, I would have climbed to the top a lot faster.

This Post:
272493.3 in reply to 272493.1
Date: 08/05/2015 22:13:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Your best prospects look to be backcourt guys, so train them for now and scout the shorter players in your next few drafts. Like he said early arena building is very important. As you train say PG/SG, you should be buying veteran C/PF(if they'll help you win), then around mid 20s for your backcourt, look to draft taller guys. SF needs to train inside and outside, so try to grab prospects for that position at the tail end of one half of your training, then give them the training with your new focus as well.