Help - English > Training Question

Training Question

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/05/2015 07:21:01
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi all,

Trying to organise my training plan for the upcoming season. Been reading a few forum posts on training and just wondering, what is the difference between training 2 positions as opposed to 1?

E.g. Training Pressure (OD) for PG & SG as compared to just PG.

And if their is a small decrease in efficiency, does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if it means being able to train twice as many players...

This Post:
272437.2 in reply to 272437.1
Date: 08/05/2015 08:31:20
Fab Five
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Fabulous Five
My advice is to always do unipositional training if possible. One of the mistakes I did when I started in this game was to do bipositional training. The decrease in efficiency is noticeable.

Take this as an example: (381.1)
Pressure
PG:
Trains OD @ 2 weeks
Trains ID @ 8+
Trains HN @ 8+
Trains DV @ 8+

PG/SG:
Trains OD @ 3-4 weeks
Trains ID @ 14-16 weeks
Trains HN @ 14-16 weeks
Trains DV @ 14-16 weeks

PG/SG/SF:
Trains OD @ 4-5 weeks
Trains ID @ ?
Trains HN @ ?
Trains DV @ ?

If you want better info, go to http://training.bb-usa.net/club/home.php

This Post:
272437.4 in reply to 272437.1
Date: 08/05/2015 09:01:11
Overall Posts Rated:
Generally, these are the training types you want to train to maximize training efficiency. If you are training a low potential player you can get away with other training types or if you need to play a player at a certain position. You just have to do a cost benefit analysis with your team and how important quick training is to you.

Pressure (OD) - PG
Passing (PA)- PG
Outside Shooting (JR) - SG
Inside Scoring (IS) - C
Inside Defense (ID)- C
Shotblocking (SB) - C

1v1 (HA/DR) - Two Position Depends on Your Player
Jump Shot (JS) - Two Position Depends on Your Player
Rebounding (RB) - PF/C

People generally don't train Ballhandling because HA is the devil and you get plenty of it from PA and 1v1 training. People do the Team Training (ST and FT) during short weeks like this week when you only have two games instead of three and all star break week, when they fire their trainer (because team training is not impacted by trainer level) or when their stud prospect gets hurt because its the only training that you can give to a injured player.

Hope this helps.