BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Iso and box and one

Iso and box and one

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/30/2015 19:00:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Which D to use against isolation in the paint (sorry if that's not the correct name in english, i use the game in portuguese) and what offense is the most efficient against a box and one defense?

This Post:
271262.2 in reply to 271262.1
Date: 07/01/2015 11:34:08
Sea Urchins
III.13
Overall Posts Rated:
When you have doubt I think that man-to-man is the better defence if you have players that can guard their opponents.
About offense you have to play your better offence.

In your case inside isolation try to find a player in the paint and then this one could shot (if his IS is good enough against his opponents) or pass the ball (if the opponent has good defence maybe is better try someone beyond the arc for an open shot).
A zone could be dangerous: with 3-2 your 2 big men must have great ID and SB or they will suffer everyone; with 2-3 you stop everyone try to put a simple layup but if these find a mate outside you'll be punished.
I don't know box and one very well so I can only say again that you should use you better offence.

This Post:
271262.3 in reply to 271262.1
Date: 07/04/2015 01:23:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Isolation in the paint = Inside Isolation (in English). For future translation :)

The best D against Inside Isolation? actually logically, an Inside box and 1 would be the best D. Your opponent is going to try and isolate their best inside player, your inside box and 1 will try get your best defender to defend that player, so makes logical sense that the two match up.

I have done this in the past, seemed to work pretty well. But you need to be 100% sure opponent will use Inside Isolation.

With regards to the second question.
Inside Box and 1 - the best offense would probably be and outside based offence. Motion/RnG, something that gives your outside guys the best opportunity.
Outside Box and 1 - Any inside offense.

You could also play pateint and set your best player to an inside/outside position somewhere.