Help - English > How to train for poor teams in S32

How to train for poor teams in S32

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
271128.18 in reply to 271128.17
Date: 06/24/2015 07:45:45
Overall Posts Rated:
And now he is playing in league with 7 bots and You are in the same league when You were when You drafted this player. My tip is for managers who want to promote faster. You gained 400k and maybe it's little more than sum of his salaries and scouting points You spent to draft him. I think 2 seasons of training are worth more.

However he was trained as homegrown player, it's different case (for example more fun). In fact I train only homegrown players. I talk about buying young player to train with low potential. It's decision far from optimal.

Last edited by B.B.King at 06/24/2015 07:48:24

This Post:
271128.19 in reply to 271128.15
Date: 06/24/2015 08:28:00
Overall Posts Rated:
Nice post. Couldn't agree more on what you say about potential for starting teams. If you are starting, you can very well pick some cheap allstars or eternal allstars to train, it will take at least 3-4 seasons for them to fulfill their potential and that's pretty much the time you need to have a decent arena, a decent fan base and start making money and being competitive.
I don't know other translations, what does it mean "eternal allstar"? Is it the same as perennial allstar (7)?
OP talk about starters (4) and stars (5). They are worthless and it's wasting of time and effort to train them.
Let's say allstars (6) are debatable, however allways it's better to spend more time to find perennial allstar.

oh yeah, my bad, apologise, i wrote that in a hurry. i meant perenial allstars.

ideally every team should train only MVP+ but newbies cannot afford the luxury of spending millions to get a MVP+ trainee and wait for 7-8 seasons for their trainees to develop as MVP+s to cash in. advising newbies to buy high potential trainees IMHO is a bad advise.

which reminds me that I have recently sold for 500k a star (5) player who was part of my original roster and got trained for 3 seasons. i also bought for 50k, in the first weeks of my team, a 18yo superstar (8) PF who will be in 2-3 seasons (age 25-26) my starter PF with ~90k of salaries, probably worth 3kk+ in the market if I wanted to sell him. but i won't. he will be my starter for many seasons at a very high level for the cost of 50k. the same applies to other 2 superstar (8) trainees who will eventually become my 90k starters at SF and C.

This Post:
271128.26 in reply to 271128.19
Date: 06/24/2015 10:15:23
Overall Posts Rated:
oh yeah, my bad, apologise, i wrote that in a hurry. i meant perenial allstars.

So You are closer to me that to Wolph.
I said: "nothing below perennial allstar".
You said: "allstar or perennial allstar".
Wolph recommend to train starters or stars.

ideally every team should train only MVP+ but newbies cannot afford the luxury of spending millions to get a MVP+ trainee and wait for 7-8 seasons for their trainees to develop as MVP+s to cash in. advising newbies to buy high potential trainees IMHO is a bad advise.

I never said MVP+. I said nothing below perennial allstar. In most cases perennial allstar will be the best choise, golden ratio. Because price starts to increase exponentially with potential from perennial allstar. For all worse potentials price is practically the same. Let's say high allstar is almost equal to low perennial allstar so there will bo no big difference. However still it's better to spent more time and effort, maybe even few thousands dollars and try to find perennial allstar.

which reminds me that I have recently sold for 500k a star (5) player who was part of my original roster and got trained for 3 seasons.
Bad deal. 166k per season, it isn't worth whole effort to set him to play 48 minutes. It will be better to train nobady, buy old guy, win few games more and gain more money (maybe 1 or 2 more wins in cup, more wins in league, more attendance and merchandise, in best case promotion).
also bought for 50k, in the first weeks of my team, a 18yo superstar (8) PF who will be in 2-3 seasons (age 25-26) my starter PF with ~90k of salaries, probably worth 3kk+ in the market if I wanted to sell him. but i won't. he will be my starter for many seasons at a very high level for the cost of 50k. the same applies to other 2 superstar (8) trainees who will eventually become my 90k starters at SF and C.

And it's the best example that it's better to buy superstar for 50k than star for 1k.

This Post:
271128.27 in reply to 271128.20
Date: 06/24/2015 10:23:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Seriously the stupid thing is you giving people advice to CARE about a potential cap they will NEVER REACH.

It doesn't matter. Then potential is for rich buyer, not for you. If you sell 21yo well trained but capped player then buyer will be team worse than you and with less money. If player isn't capped then he will be attractive for better teams, which have more money but they have no chance to train from 18yo (it's hard or even impossible in competitive league).

Advertisement