BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Ireland > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
269379.2 in reply to 269379.1
Date: 04/28/2015 09:25:46
Overall Posts Rated:
There are a couple of challenges for this position.

1. Lack of activity/communication by Irish coaches.
2. Fall through of players who aren't becoming developed.
3. Keeping the interest when we get battered.
4. Information for Irish coaches.

Would love to know candidates solutions to these obstacles.

Dec

This Post:
269379.3 in reply to 269379.2
Date: 04/28/2015 09:41:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Declan, thanks for the questions. I'll respond in two posts so it isn't too lengthy.

1. Lack of activity/communication by Irish coaches.

This is a point that I feel quite strongly about, I think the forums and communities is one of the best parts about this game, where people can share ideas and help each other out and other general chat.

I have noticed that for quite a few seasons now there has been very little activity in the Irish forums which is such a shame. I feel that a key part of the role of NT and U21 coach is to keep people updated regularly on the forums, unfortunately Ireland have been denied this in recent years.

I will make a key effort to post frequently on the Forums, with NT updates, and also more general updates that hopefully will garner interest from lots of Irish managers!

2. Fall through of players who aren't becoming developed.

I don't know how active previous NT coaches have been with messaging managers who currently own Irish NT players, but I will actively scout and message all those managers who currently have NT players, and those who have future NT players in an attempt to help the manager create the best player he can, not only for the NT, but also for his own respective team.

Again I think this is something that ties in to Forum activity. A great manager I had the chance to work with (Morwood) produced depth charts at each position, this allowed managers to see how close their players were to representing their country, this is a great motivation tool to make people want to train players well!

This Post:
269379.5 in reply to 269379.2
Date: 04/28/2015 09:49:31
Overall Posts Rated:
3. Keeping the interest when we get battered.

Again I have learnt from a previous U21 England coach in this respect. When the NT isn't performing it is important to try and keep people's interest. I have a few ideas with regards to this, things such as 'interviewing' Irish mangers with interesting questions and posting it on the Forum. Things like supporter 'giveaways' and competitions will also help keep people interested I hope.
In the offseason I will get scrimmages with the other neighbouring nations which should create a nice bit of rivalry and laugh, such as Scotland, England and Wales.

4. Information for Irish coaches.

I think this is key to preventing Irish managers from leaving the game. BB can be a bit of a daunting game when you first enter it. I would try to create a place where new managers, or anyone with any questions, can post a query and myself and other experienced Irish managers can help each other out. A short game manual posted in the Irish forums, summing up how to succeed in the game would also benefit those new managers and the efforts in trying to retain managers.

I hope my responses have helped anybody voting in their decision, let's get a new era for Irish basketball underway! ;)

Last edited by Jamesc1 at 04/28/2015 09:49:59

This Post:
269379.7 in reply to 269379.6
Date: 05/04/2015 16:04:14
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry for the late reply,

Ya that has happened. There is very little votes cast usually. That's half the problem with buzzerbeater here. Clearly James is the best option for the simple fact he is actually active here. There are two other candidates who are up for election but have not shown any interest on these forums. I hope these guys do not sneak in.

I have informed the top league about the elections and I hope they pat attention. I imagine they will show some interest.

Ya it's always lovely during exam times in college's and high schools. Typical haha.