This Post:
268635.8 in reply to 268635.7
Date: 04/07/2015 18:31:14
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
the prices will go up till the economy in utupia will be stable and it will still take a couple of season.
I see a big problem here, every changes in the economy is an huge change in a team strategy; train players wasn't the best idea till few weeks ago (I'm talking about "common" players, not complete SF/PF players), today probably it could be once again a good strategy to make money. I saw players sold for more than 10m and great players under 1m, I'm fine with both cases but every time an external event changes the economy this is a damage for the whole game

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
268635.9 in reply to 268635.8
Date: 04/08/2015 00:35:59
Overall Posts Rated:
any thoughts on saving cash? would dollars be worth drastically less in the future (say 3 seasons)?

This Post:
268635.10 in reply to 268635.9
Date: 04/08/2015 00:40:14
Overall Posts Rated:
any thoughts on saving cash? would dollars be worth drastically less in the future (say 3 seasons)?

Hopefully not. Hopefully they get a grip on it and bring some balance to the economy in the game. Player prices as well as the cost of training can come back to earth, but they have to admit there is a problem first.

This Post:
268635.11 in reply to 268635.4
Date: 04/08/2015 04:04:42
Kinky Koalas
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Down Under Drop Bears
All in all I like it - I always thought that top players should be worth more than an average weekly/monthly income.
So true. It'd be nice if there was some way to make it stay that way...

This Post:
268635.12 in reply to 268635.1
Date: 04/08/2015 08:22:51
Caciques de Trujillo
LPBV
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Un Valerano Exiliado
Remember, here everything is handled as a single market place, if you go and there is little supply of tomatoes, but plenty of consumer demand, obviously the prices go through the roof.
Now, if you are going, and the market is full of tomatoes, obviously everything will be more economical, what happened? Why so high? To my guilt is the way of equipment, plus utopia, and above all, there were many teams who only buy players, and Sunday's retired, and thereby contributed to the decline in players, besides that few people know train
Be prepared that what comes is worse, because if people still living in tanqueos and not training, it will get worse, not good players are found
and that trains will be awarded. Venezuela looks so much like this piece of market .......

This Post:
268635.13 in reply to 268635.7
Date: 04/08/2015 09:00:59
Overall Posts Rated:
How would they be chasing fewer players? When players go bot players that meet salary requirements are put on the TL. If the economy is so inflated then lower managers should be focused on training players to meet the demand of the market, sell at the inflated prices and benefit tremendously when the market corrects itself.

I dont really understand what you are want the bbs to do about this. Cut government spending? Raise taxes? Get the federal reserve to increase interest rates?

To: Phyr
This Post:
268635.14 in reply to 268635.13
Date: 04/08/2015 10:31:56
Overall Posts Rated:
How would they be chasing fewer players? When players go bot players that meet salary requirements are put on the TL. If the economy is so inflated then lower managers should be focused on training players to meet the demand of the market, sell at the inflated prices and benefit tremendously when the market corrects itself.

I dont really understand what you are want the bbs to do about this. Cut government spending? Raise taxes? Get the federal reserve to increase interest rates?

All BB has to do to solve this particular problem is to somehow ensure that there is an instant and perpetual supply of players who are apparently too undesirable to have trained for the past few years, but are now in demand because of a massive influx of new teams at a single point in time. Clearly, the job of creating players for lower level teams is too big a job to leave to lower level teams themselves, and those with the audacity to do that should not be rewarded when they should have taken the community's approved route of accumulating cash.

To: Phyr
This Post:
268635.15 in reply to 268635.13
Date: 04/08/2015 11:08:32
Overall Posts Rated:

Negative interest rates for hoarders would be a good start. There are plenty of teams around that have millions stored in the bank, there is no punishment for that and thus tanking works like a charm.

Once the money hits the market the real harm is done.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
268635.16 in reply to 268635.15
Date: 04/08/2015 11:44:18
Overall Posts Rated:
An economic success tax? Let's penalize the people who figure out that BB is an economic game and profit off that fact? Wouldn't it be better to change the fact that people can make money while tanking and get the incentive of getting that HOF 5/5 A+ prospect in the draft? Marin mentioned the possibility of fan riots to help penalize tanking but I hope an economic success tax is not in the works.

This Post:
268635.17 in reply to 268635.13
Date: 04/08/2015 12:17:20
Overall Posts Rated:
How would they be chasing fewer players? When players go bot players that meet salary requirements are put on the TL. ...

...and the players that don't meet "salary requirements" but might have some value to lower level teams, which is probably most or all of the players on a team going bot, are gone from the game for good, replaced by worthless players. So yes, fewer players.

And a new team with $300,000 free money will replace a bankrupt team when a new manager signs up or a current manager takes a second team, so more money chasing fewer players, with no companion process for less money and more players.

One obvious thing that could be done is lowering the requirements for a player to go on TL instead of retirement. Easy, effective, a step in the right direction. The steps against day-trading were a small step in the right direction as well. Too bad that higher level managers, including one GM posting on this thread, don't understand and just mock the problem with childish sarcasm. They aren't part of the solution, so you know what that makes them part of.

Another thing that is too bad is that I renewed my supporter in February.

This Post:
268635.18 in reply to 268635.17
Date: 04/08/2015 12:26:42
Overall Posts Rated:
Also, every team that enters bankruptcy has pumped more money into the game than it had -- that's why it goes bankrupt. So you have bankrupt teams pumping money into the game, new managers getting $300,000 free money, all causing money to flow into the game. There is no corresponding process to counter-balance this, and the problem gets worse and worse. Add to that top level managers blissfully riding the bubble. Add to that the sour attitude of GM's who cover their embarrassment at not understanding the problem with sarcasm. It's a steaming pile ...

Advertisement