BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Free throws!! Stamina??

Free throws!! Stamina??

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/10/2015 16:36:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello, i keep seeing players with skills like that:
Jump Shoot=legendary Jump Range=similar to JS and Free Throws=respectable (or even worse than that!)
How is that possible??
This is not realistic at all!!!
It's bugging me more than it should...
Even though i trained almost all my players at free throws at a high level, shouldn't the free throws level up just by Jump shoot training???

I also have a question about stamina.
How can i calculate how much a player is being affected by his stamina???
And does the pace of the game (from the game strategies) affect how fast a player is getting tired??
In transfer market i can see amazing skilled players that have terrible stamina, how can those players play almost whole games???
isnt that a risk to their health??? XD

Am i being helped by the high stamina of my players or shouldnt i train their stamina like almost everyone else is doing?

This Post:
268246.2 in reply to 268246.1
Date: 03/10/2015 23:56:52
Overall Posts Rated:
Even though i trained almost all my players at free throws at a high level, shouldn't the free throws level up just by Jump shoot training???

No. This has been a debate for a long time because people say it is not realistic that they would be such good shooters from the outside and then suck at free throws, but in the NBS and other top leagues, players practice free throws every day and every week. If you want your players to have better free throw shooting, feel free to train it! FT pops fairly quickly, but people don't value it enough to train it as much as JS training and other skills, which is why they are typically lower and people complain.

And does the pace of the game (from the game strategies) affect how fast a player is getting tired??
In transfer market i can see amazing skilled players that have terrible stamina, how can those players play almost whole games???
isnt that a risk to their health???

Yes, pace of game does effect how much your players get tired, so slow offenses tend to allow your better players stay in the game for longer, but that may or may not always be beneficial. Players that have amazing skills will still be amazing while they play regardless of low stamina, however if they are playing 40+ minutes, towards the end of the game, they will not be nearly as effective as if they had higher stamina. More minutes means more chances for injury, but it isn't really a huge fear, nor should it be.

Am i being helped by the high stamina of my players or shouldnt i train their stamina like almost everyone else is doing?

I don't think your players need more than 5-7 STM personally but you definitely do not want all your players at 8+ STM or something, because than minute distribution is difficult in my opinion.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
268246.3 in reply to 268246.2
Date: 03/11/2015 12:25:25
Overall Posts Rated:
First of all sorry for posting my questions in the wrong place of the forum. (i saw that someone moved it here)

Secondly, Thank you E.B.W. for the answers and the quick responce!

I ll keep practise both of them again everytime i get a new player :D

This Post:
268246.4 in reply to 268246.3
Date: 03/12/2015 09:44:14
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's better if you buy a new player that has stamina no lower then 4 and FT 6 or7.
Stamina I think you need to train this every season for 1 week,to keep them at a good level.
In 13 seasons I have never trained FT.

This Post:
268246.5 in reply to 268246.4
Date: 03/13/2015 16:22:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the answer primoss!
I ll keep that in mind.

This Post:
268246.6 in reply to 268246.1
Date: 03/14/2015 01:47:56
Overall Posts Rated:
It's tough to get everyone on your team aligned in Stamina, but like mentioned here already, if you have a 7 or 8 ST amongst your starters, it is possible they'll play 90 minutes a week if you play close league games, and that is bad for Game Shape.
I personally like to keep my ST between 3 and 5. I also play a ten man lineup, so they get plenty of rest and my team isn't at too much risk when my bench is in the game. Once Stamina drops to 2 on my lowest starter, I train him back up to 3.

This Post:
268246.7 in reply to 268246.6
Date: 03/16/2015 15:31:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you too for your answer, Inguanadon Joe.