Houston Novas news conferences

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
261677.2 in reply to 261677.1
Date: 07/28/2014 14:55:27
Overall Posts Rated:
HOUSTON NOVAS NEWS CONFERENCE
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YOU HAVE MADE A FLURRY OF MOVES OVER THE LAST DAY, CAN YOU PLEASE ELABORATE ON THESE TRANSACTIONS?

jwade: Alot has happened over the last 24 hours. We've released a number of players, and we want to thank them for their time with the team. We wish them nothing but success wherever they go. Concerning the additions to the team, I think we filled some holes that were in our team. Were excited about who we got, and we think they can contribute right away.

WHAT WERE SOME OF THESE HOLES?

jwade: The main hole, as I've stated before, was the lack of a true point guard. Francis did a good job last game playing the position, but you could tell that wasn't his position. In Oderda and Zdrzeniecki, we feel like we solidified the position. Another hole was our lack of depth, but these moves improved it.

CAN YOU TELL US ANYTHING ABOUT THE NEW PLAYERS?

jwade: None of them are superstars (yet), but they all have room to improve and have very high potential. This is good for us, especially when were trying to improve our market before making any big acquisitions. All these players are all international players as well. Oderda is from Italy, Zdrzeniecki is from Poland, Lleixa is from Spain, and both Kakaounakis and Venopolus are from Greece. Their good young men just looking for an opportunity to play, and they've found that here.

WILL THESE MOVES MAKE THE NOVAS CHAMPIONSHIP CONTENDERS?

jwade: I do not think just yet. We've improved from these moves, no doubt, but to say that we can defeat veteran teams here would be very bold. There's potential with this group, but they still need to develop. Would I be surprised if we make the playoffs, no. Would I be surprised if we go deep in them, that all depends on the players and how hard they fight for each win.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME COACH

jwade: Thank you for having me

This Post:
261677.3 in reply to 261677.2
Date: 07/28/2014 14:57:59
Overall Posts Rated:
(This is a previous interview with the Houston Nova's coach jwade before his first game)

jwade Press Conference

jwade: Well first off I want to thank everyone for coming out today to support the team, and it is a real honor to be the general manager/coach of the Houston Novas.

DO YOU HAVE ANY PAST EXPERIENCE WITH A BUZZERBEATER FRANCHISE?

jwade: I've previously managed teams in buzzerbeater, specifically the Houston Psycos in Division V.171, and I think it helps me in the sense that there will not be any rookie confusion. I understand what I have to do in the game to be successful.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TEAM?

jwade: You can tell this group is very young and new to this type of competition, which you can expect that any time there is an expansion team. I think there is a lot of potential on this team. The one thing that concerns me really about this team is that we do not have a true point guard, but we'll be looking in the market for one once buzzerbeater approves all the paperwork.

HAS ANYONE STOOD OUT DURING PRACTICES?

jwade: There's a few players that have impressed me. Francis and Myrick have both worked hard, and a few of the younger rooks (Holmes and Deluca) have done very well, concerning their age. Like I said before this team has a lot of potential.

HOW ACTIVE WILL YOU BE ON THE PLAYERS MARKET ONCE EVERYTHING IS APPROVED?

jwade: It depends. Our first priority is to get players that will help the team. This does not mean that we are going to go on a spending spree. We'll be looking for some promising young players that can grow with the rest of our youth.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS ON THE TEAM?

jwade: If they make our team better, then we'll get them. International players have a lot of talent, and I think it would be unwise to ignore all that talent there just because they are not from the USA.

A FEW MORE QUESTIONS, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE MATCHUP AGAINST THE NEW JERSEY NETS?

jwade: They're a young expansion team just like ourselves. It'll be the first time our players play a game together, so it'll be interesting to watch.

WHAT ARE YOUR GOALS FOR THE TEAM FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON?

jwade: Make the playoffs, and make some noise while there. I'm not going to say that we'll win the whole thing, because there are a couple established franchises in this league, especially in our division. We need to just keep improving our team, and then in a season or two we'll think about winning the championship and moving up in the US.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME COACH

jwade: You're welcome. Go Nova!