Help - English > How to start

How to start

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/31/2008 12:04:14
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi there,
I'm new today and wondering how to start.
Enlarge stadium?
Hire new trainer, doctor ca.? Or are the starting ones effective.
Buy, sell or fire players? How much players do I need or can be trained?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

This Post:
22044.2 in reply to 22044.1
Date: 03/31/2008 12:34:17
Overall Posts Rated:
A lot of people wrote a lot of stuff and answered a lot of questions for newcommers.
I sugest you browse trough the help forum here and see if you find some usefull topics and read about them.
You should also visit the BB-global forum, since there is a lot there for you.

At first don't do to much at all. Start with looking at your players, deceide which are your 3 worst. You will probably never play them, and I can safely say you can fire your worst. Try putting the other 2 on the transferlist for 1000, and see if you can sell them. If they are not sold after 2 tries, fire them as well.
Then look at your best players, do you have more than 1 very good player for 1position, then it might be wise to sell 1 on the market, why? simple, because it happens a lot that the newly given team is a bit too heavy on wages for a new manager, especially when you start in div IV or lower. The money you will get will be decent, and it will take you a long way so you have time to sort things out, and decide what you can spend your money on. If you have 1 good player for each of the five positions, and 1 average guy as back-up for each position, you are prety good to start out. Sell the others. Then look at wich positions you have the youngest guys, and buy 1, 2 or 3 more young guys for those positions, depending on how many positions you'd like to train at once. Start training them asap, and get a trainer somewhere between level 6 and 9. If you indeed sold of or fired your excess players, you should be able to afford it, if you don't waste money on other stuff. I also advise to spend 5000 on scouting every week.

That's about it. You'll know when to expand arena and spend or spend not money on other things soon enough ...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
22044.3 in reply to 22044.1
Date: 03/31/2008 12:35:09
Overall Posts Rated:
I humbly suggest the classic read the rules and invest time reading through old forum threads to get a feel for the game via comments from other users...

dont go crazy on the TL yet.... evaluate your team the direction you want to take them...(i mean training wise Outside or Inside) but i found when i started the forums and just picking up snippets of info and advice was the best start to make...

most users are still in their first 3-6 months and therefore have not learnt or even come close to mastering the game or what to do.. so in this respect we are all in the same boat... we are all learning together so not to make too many mistakes...

the more you learn the more you earn!

This Post:
22044.4 in reply to 22044.2
Date: 03/31/2008 14:48:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks a lot for the reactions
I will start reading then.... ;))

This Post:
22044.5 in reply to 22044.3
Date: 03/31/2008 14:49:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Also thanks, both replies give a good image of the game.
rule 1 read forums ;))

This Post:
22044.6 in reply to 22044.5
Date: 03/31/2008 16:03:28
Overall Posts Rated:
This is very usefull to figure out wich player you should play on any given spot

Point Guard​
(1) Handling, Passing
(2) Outside Defense, Driving
(3) Jump Shot, Jump Range, Inside Shot

Shooting Guard​
(1) Jump Shot, Jump Range
(2) Handling, Passing,
(3) Driving, Outside Defense, Inside Shot

Small Forward​
(1) Jump Shot, Jump Range, Outside Defense
(2) Handling, Passing, Driving
(3) Inside Shot, Inside Defense
(4) Rebounding

Power Forward​
(1) Inside Shot, Inside Defense
(2) Rebounds, Blocks
(3) Driving, Passing
(4) Jump Shot, Handling

Center​
(1) Inside Shot, Inside Defense, Rebounds
(2) Blocks
(3) Handling, Passing

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info