BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Trainer level

Trainer level

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/30/2008 22:06:49
Overall Posts Rated:
I came over from HT, and in HT it's almost imperative that you change your trainer almost immediately.

I'm looking at my finances and once my $50k newbie bonus is done, I'll be losing a little money each week.

I'm considering getting a new trainer. He's level 7, but costs $16k per week. This will definitely put a damper on my finances, especially when my newbie bonus is done.

I'm training passing for now, and have one 18 year old, two 19 year olds, and two 20 year olds I'm training. My trainees are not the best, but they are all I have. Are they worth a Level 7 trainer at this point? Is the difference between level 1 and level 7 that significant?

Should a new team worry about getting a new coach asap? Or will my level 1 default trainer suffice for a month or so until I have a better handle on things and my finances stabilize?

This Post:
21948.2 in reply to 21948.1
Date: 03/31/2008 19:43:46
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not sure it is really known how much effect the trainer level has. Training is more complicated in BB since there are the factor of minutes, each training type trains multiple skills, the training rate may be dependent on player height, as well as other skills, etc. Also it is generally best to rotate skills, so you won't find anyone with 8 seasons of training the same skill, or counting pop times.

I'd be concerned about a Level 1, based on my experience with a Level 1 doctor.

If you didn't hire the Level 7 trainer yesterday, you will notice something quirky about hiring staff in BB. The trainer for hire this week is a Level 1 Cody Parsons.

Another thing is that the staff is somewhat more like the assistants in HT - it is simply a weekly expense. So even though they have names and faces they are just a weekly expense. It is not like in HT where you spend several $100,000 every few seasons on a new coach, and who can't be transferred only fired.

So if you had hired the Level 7 and decide 3 weeks later that he is too expensive, you simply can switch to another trainer, and pay one week salary. There is a little bit of risk since you might have a Level 10 (who is even more expensive) or a Level 1 who is cheap but may be fairly useless.