BuzzerBeater Forums

Australia - III.3 > Season 17

Season 17

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/01/2011 05:26:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey guys, Im new to this league, realised there isn't a tread yet for this season, so I would like to make a start and hopefully someone would follow up and make it more active.

Well I started BB in season 13, having some ups and downs and promoted last season from a all-computer-managed league
(It was so boring..) I realised BB is such a good and fun game recently and want to put more time and to play well. I still have a lot to learn and hopefully we can help each other in our time in BB :D

This Post:
192810.2 in reply to 192810.1
Date: 08/04/2011 17:59:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello there zinga and welcome to the league. I started in season 9 but I've always focused on training so thats why i have been lingering around div3 for quite sometime now. I might learned a thing or two about training so i dont mind sharing my knowledge.

Message deleted

This Post:
192810.4 in reply to 192810.3
Date: 08/06/2011 05:53:13
Overall Posts Rated:
Great to hear from you urmumma, and looks like you have got the momentum going this season so far.
Since you have experiences in training I would like to ask 2 questions regarding to it, would be nice to have your help :)

1. I saw some young players have two pops from training a week, like JS+Driving, Handling+Dring, JS+Handling or even JS+Handling+Rebound. Wondering how this could happen and is this the outcome by training One on One?

2.I've heard that heights of a player would affect the training, how does it work?

Cheers

This Post:
192810.5 in reply to 192810.4
Date: 08/06/2011 18:37:27
Overall Posts Rated:
1. I saw some young players have two pops from training a week, like JS+Driving, Handling+Dring, JS+Handling or even JS+Handling+Rebound. Wondering how this could happen and is this the outcome by training One on One?

one on one training at guards trains driving, a bit of jump shot and a bit of handling. hence you get three pops. takes about 1.5 pop per week with a level 5 trainer and 18 yo guards.

2.I've heard that heights of a player would affect the training, how does it work?

yes,height is very important for training. shorter guards learn guard skills faster than taller guards, e.g od normally takes 2 weeks with <183cm guards, it might take 3 weeks with >190cm guards.

same for Center/PF. Taller big men train faster for inside skills.

other notes:
1. some people said to get same result using a level 4 trainer and train one position.
2. training guards, you want primaries such as jr or pass, od to be on respectable at 18 yo. these skills are harder to train.
OD should always be trained first, then jr or passing depending the type of guard you are training. PG/SG?
3. training js at pf/sf takes about 2-3 weeks per pop, but it will train inside scoring, if you want to turn your guards into kobe.
4. training OD will also train inside defense but training ID does not train OD

This Post:
192810.6 in reply to 192810.5
Date: 08/06/2011 19:42:55
Overall Posts Rated:
Cheers, it's really helpful :)

This Post:
192810.7 in reply to 192810.6
Date: 08/21/2011 02:03:06
Overall Posts Rated:
How are you going, guys. Last season I checked this forum to find no-one interested in talking. Good to see you take the initiative, ZinGa. You're travelling nicely there, Urmummas.

I started BB half way through season 14 and have learned quickly mainly due to some friends in the top leagues. As an unoffical member of Fishbowl (will enter next season) I'm also happy to share my knowlegde.
I've also acted as a mentor for the U21 Indian NT under friend, Yodabig (coach).

It would be great if we could get some of the guys in our league talking. Makes BB that much better.

HISTORY:
1. Entered Div IV.20 half way through Season 14 and made the Semi Finals.
2. Won the Championship in Div IV.20 in Season 15
3. Finished 5th last season (Season 16) while tanking to snare top rookie...SCORED HIM: 18 yr old MVP SG 6'0"
4. Looking to make finals this season before completely revamping team at the end of the season.

While I'm trying to stay competitive, training is my priority this season.

While you probably won't need any advice from me, Urmummas, don't be afraid to ask me any questions, ZinGa. As I noted already, I have friedns who can answer any questions I can't. One friend, for example, is the current Australian NT coach.

Nice to meet you guys and good luck this season.

To: Mr J
This Post:
192810.8 in reply to 192810.7
Date: 08/21/2011 07:12:31
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Matty, how's thing going? I saw ur tread last season and unfortunately not many people turned up same as this season :(
Looks like your team is getting back on track lately, well done. Urmummas is indeed dominating in this league, let's see if anyone of you guys can beat him during the inter-conference battle.

Talking about Yodabig, he is my mentor that gave me a lot of advises this season. I met him in the first season(season13), but only get in touch again at the start of this season while I really want to get stuck into this game. I used to send him 4 BB mails in a single day for like 5 days since I have too many questions to ask :)

Looking back at my own history in this game I don't see many efforts and passionate being put in. Hopefully I will do better and better in this best Basketball online game XP

Im very happy to meet you matty as you're a really good manager I expect, at least you're my mentor's mentor and is eager to help :)

Nice to meet you matty!

This Post:
192810.9 in reply to 192810.8
Date: 08/22/2011 10:39:21
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the reply and greetings, ZinGa. I can't remember what I wrote about Master Yoda but in case I wasn't clear: he was...still is...my mentor also. He is the current Indian NT Coach and I'm one of the mentors helping him out, or rather, helping out managers (of Indian rookies) who need advice on guard training. However, I always speak with Iwen (Australian NT Coach) when I need specific advice or email all the Fishbowl boys and get their thoughts.

As for the Urmummas...sorry (LOL), I definately don't have the personel to stop him. Mind you, I play him soon and will relish trying something different to see what will be required to stop him if I get a second chance against him in the finals. Mind you, that is also unlikely. No, this season is all about training and with a bit of luck, making the finals and making a little extra cash from it.

Good luck and hopefully we can keep this communication going. Even better...others join us.

To: Mr J
This Post:
192810.10 in reply to 192810.9
Date: 08/24/2011 06:29:05
Overall Posts Rated:
LOL, Urmummas just got beaten in the last game, but i still have confidence in him when his team gets to the play-offs.

A questions here from me, what is fishbowl? and I wonder if i can find any useful tread within the BB game and outside on one of the Ausse forums (which I forgot the website)

Good luck to you all

This Post:
192810.11 in reply to 192810.10
Date: 08/24/2011 08:29:02
Overall Posts Rated:
The Fishbowl started some seasons ago as a relatively small PL and has grown into a large, highly respected league featuring many of the top Aussie sides. Many of the ABBL teams play in it including a host of Div II, Div III and even a couple of Div IV teams. THe teams are divided up into conferences. I am an unofficial member of the Calamari Team. I say unofficial as I was supposed to play in this season's Fishbowl but stuffed up. I have been part of a small PL group (8 teams) for the past three seasons. The last PL season went one week too long and I missed out on joining the Fishbowl. I will be doing so next season though. A good mate of mine, work colleague and Div II team is also a Calamari, as is Yodabig. They keep giving me shit about the stuff up.

Many of the BB threads belong to PLs or Forums set up by PLs. I don't have any suggestions on that one.