BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > All-Star Weekend Suggestions

All-Star Weekend Suggestions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/29/2009 10:35:30
Overall Posts Rated:
New All-Star Voting Rules: Allow Team Owners to count as 1/3 vote, Players count as 1/3 vote (unable to vote for themselves), and Media Vote 1/6 vote, and Fans 1/6 vote. This would allow team owners to actually have a say in who goes to the All-Star game because we had the best player in our league get snubbed for a stupid reason (we think it was because the owner's stadium was too small so not enough fans from his hometown). Also, I think it's lame that fan voting relies too heavily on that player's home arena size to get enough votes. Kobe Bryant is not only liked by the Los Angeles fans that fit into Staples Center but by fans worldwide. Steven Smiley is by far the best player in our league but was oddly snubbed. He's our "Kobe Bryant" of USA III.4 and yet our "Kobe Bryant" was snubbed.

3-Pt Shooting Contest Tie Breakers need to be implemented in the 3-Pt Contest because we had three guys shoot a 17/30 while another shot 24/30. Obviously the 24/30 guy went but for whatever reason, there was no tie breaker to decide who of the three 17/30 guys would advance to the final round as the game engine decided on a player despite the fact that he made less Blue Balls than the other two fellows.

This Post:
117280.2 in reply to 117280.1
Date: 10/29/2009 10:47:00
Overall Posts Rated:
Obviously the 24/30 guy went but for whatever reason, there was no tie breaker to decide who of the three 17/30 guys would advance to the final round as the game engine decided on a player despite the fact that he made less Blue Balls than the other two fellows.

The tie-breaker is 3pt FG% from the regular season.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
117280.3 in reply to 117280.1
Date: 10/29/2009 12:05:36
Overall Posts Rated:
at the voting, you don't need a big arena to get all stars i saw all stars from team with arena who was jsut 1/4 of the size of the others - this is part of the selection but not the main point. But especially in the small leagues, most of the voters are those one who visit the games, and you are most likely to vote for players who make a strong impression to you in the games you watches with advantage to players of your favorite teams.

I don't know why he isn't elected, but i also can say that why 50% of the houston rocket should be elected every time on an athletic view.

A tie breaker for the 3 point contest would be nice.