BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Economy suggestion

Economy suggestion

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/26/2009 15:17:45
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, we created economy crisis at our bb-world…now, free agents are (obviously) not long term solution…I would suggest some kind of stock market – where managers would have the ability to put some of their stocks on global market (lets say from 10 to 60%)– this way, managers with a lot of money will have the ability to invest their money, and other teams would have the ability to grove faster…

This way, we could downsize the number of cheaters – that’s for sure…but, there are also a lot of questions –

1.) the managers who are selling the stocks will have to give up some of the options – bigger percentage sold – less managers powers – the balance between those two would be crucial

2.) what will happened if some of the teams get managed by computer player?

3.) Make rules against monopoly…

Last edited by beks_ns at 10/26/2009 15:25:06

This Post:
116921.2 in reply to 116921.1
Date: 10/26/2009 15:39:06
Overall Posts Rated:
If I wanted to play the stock market, I'd talk to Chuck.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
116921.3 in reply to 116921.2
Date: 10/26/2009 16:22:30
Overall Posts Rated:

Well, the way I c it – we need to do something about economy – or we will have crisis like this one very often…all current solutions had only short term affect...

This Post:
116921.4 in reply to 116921.3
Date: 10/26/2009 16:28:01
Overall Posts Rated:
Without getting into the argument of whether or not the economy in BB sucks right now, introducing a new mini-game that has no connection to running a basketball team doesn't seem to be the right direction to go in.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
116921.5 in reply to 116921.3
Date: 10/26/2009 17:49:59
Overall Posts Rated:

Well, the way I c it – we need to do something about economy – or we will have crisis like this one very often…all current solutions had only short term affect...

first of all i like to mention, that i don't have the idea how the stock will reduce the amount of money into the game if you can not earn money that way you won't invest.

About the short term fixes of the market, remember that BB is a very young game and the best players aren't on their maximum level and you get every season a lot of new good player without loosing good players through the aging process. So a stable economy the next ten years would be hard to achive because the economy of the club develops fast then the one from the players, who'll catch up in the next time. So short time fixes could help, to bridge the gap to the final economy(ok also the final economy will be dynaic, becuase of the human players involved and new players coming and veterans leaving, but i think at that point you could see if the economy is stable or if she is drifting to a inflation or deflation)

This Post:
116921.6 in reply to 116921.4
Date: 10/26/2009 18:38:46
Overall Posts Rated:
Without getting into the argument of whether or not the economy in BB sucks right now, introducing a new mini-game that has no connection to running a basketball team doesn't seem to be the right direction to go in.

This should actually be re-posted into chemistry suggestion thread:)

This Post:
116921.7 in reply to 116921.5
Date: 10/27/2009 12:40:02
Overall Posts Rated:
first of all i like to mention, that i don't have the idea how the stock will reduce the amount of money into the game if you can not earn money that way you won't invest.

Well, of course those investors will earn money – but, instead of "trotter family" logic (buy +sell players= pumping the balloon of cash that blows from time to time) – the players will have the ability to invest the money in other teams – they will gain the profit – at the and of session or whenever – clubs with cash problems –(and I bet that this will be very valuable to the managers in lower divisions) – will be able to advance + it could bring down the number of cheaters + it would relax the player market prices...

You have very good point when it comes for the future – players will get old, and that will affect the market – but, that will be still in very big discrepancy with new players arrival – this great game is expanding every day :)

This Post:
116921.8 in reply to 116921.7
Date: 10/27/2009 19:41:53
Overall Posts Rated:

Well, of course those investors will earn money – but, instead of "trotter family" logic (buy +sell players= pumping the balloon of cash that blows from time to time) – the players will have the ability to invest the money in other team

it would relax the player market prices...

this won't rrelax it, this will drive the market more crazy, because unused money get used in stock and then in the stock selling team reinvested ...

it could bring down the number of cheaters

it make it eaven easier for sheeter to transfer the money, i don't know how the stock value get calculated but i think it is easier to buy some fund then rtransfer the money through a overprized transfer from one team to another. And if you don't do anything with the stock or sell then back on a low price(when i seel stock should i ever be able to buy then back?).

This Post:
116921.9 in reply to 116921.8
Date: 10/28/2009 12:17:52
Overall Posts Rated:
this will drive the market more crazy

Don’t get how? This would be like investing in Arena expansion – rough example, 1M investment for 35k-50k income per week - if the club that gets the money is successful…and we could limit the receiving manager on how he can spend that money...

cheaters issue -

If we make this new option interesting, I assume that players would be motivated to spend the money on investment, and not on transfer scams.

Btw, I can c that you guys r not interested in this idea very much, and i did not worked it out 100% - because its very complex and I am opened for new ideas - BUT - when you put it in real life - economy of the clubs is not sealed in their own matrix – it depends on national and global economy – in this game is of course on it own – and it cant make it if major percentage is depend on buy-sell logic – it just cant.

This Post:
116921.10 in reply to 116921.9
Date: 10/28/2009 12:40:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Don’t get how? This would be like investing in Arena expansion

which team gets money when i build the arena, is that the reason why BC torööö wins the BBB "everytime" ;)

rough example, 1M investment for 35k-50k income per week - if the club that gets the money is successful

this will give the investment a turning point, where you increase the money instead of reducing it, on the other hand what money get invested? Normally the money who would lye on a bank account and not the one you like to use for a transfer. Every econic system as unused money, which won't affect the system.

and we could limit the receiving manager on how he can spend that money...

but he want spend it right, even if he just to build his arena. there will be lot of moanagers who want to use both, and now could make both at the same time and build there arena from the stocks and buy the player from his money.

If we make this new option interesting, I assume that players would be motivated to spend the money on investment, and not on transfer scams.

on longterm 99% of the managers want to have better players, maybe some will put their money in stocks to get a bit later a more stronger player but in the end the earning will land in players and actually we need things who drain money out of the system and not in it(maybe i miss the bad site of the seller of the stocks?).

in this game is of course on it own – and it cant make it if major percentage is depend on buy-sell logic – it just cant.

even the world econoy depends on a buy/sell/produce/wracking/service logic, like this game which depend on training(produktion), buy(players), sell(players),wrackage(old palyers), the service logic here is more a one way logic through selling ticket, tv and merchandize maybe a little drainage through staff.
A stock market won't break this up, if you reduce that up on buying selling, you will only participate on buy and selling others teams(you already do, with dynamic prices)