BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Newcomer in League IV. What to do first?

Newcomer in League IV. What to do first?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/06/2018 14:23:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright, so I played this game about 3-4 years ago before life got busy and I didn’t have enough time for this game. I’m back now and have been given a team in league IV with a 22 y.o MVP at SF with around 50 TSP and an 18 y.o perennial all star at PF and a couple other decent prospects at PF and C. I have already begun Arena construction and adding seats. I’m currently making about $125000 profit each week and am focusing on inside scoring/inside defense right now for my big men as my guards don’t have much potential and I’m looking for a transfer to pick up to fill the void. Should I train only PF’s or should I do SF/PF(90%)? I’m currently bidding on an advanced trainer as well that I should have on my team by the time training updates. Any other tips starting out? My team has no chance to win the league but it looks like I’ll have a chance to make the playoffs even if I TIE every game. Thanks in advance.

This Post:
294097.2 in reply to 294097.1
Date: 05/06/2018 15:53:10
Nightearls
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Silver Onions
Build stadium, make sure that the estimate building time is before your next home match. Invest as much as possible in stadium.

Invest 20k in the draft every week.
Start training 18,19 years old with at least all-star potential.

adjust ticket prices as soon as neccessary try to sell 90% of your seats.

save money, save money.

You need at least 4 seasons before your stadium is big enough to get in II or even league I.

Don't rush, don't buy big salary players.

Only in the dark, we succeed!

This Post:
294097.3 in reply to 294097.2
Date: 05/06/2018 16:16:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Alright, thank you for your input!

This Post:
294097.4 in reply to 294097.1
Date: 05/06/2018 16:36:49
Overall Posts Rated:
a 22 y.o MVP at SF with around 50 TSP and an 18 y.o perennial all star at PF and a couple other decent prospects at PF and C

I wouldn't bother to train the 22yo MVP, since he's already far behind and training will be slower because of his age. As already stated focus on 18 or 19 year old players. I'd say 18 yo preferably unless you can find a 19 yo with nice potential and skills.

Should I train only PF’s or should I do SF/PF(90%)

My advice would be to always train 1pos where it's possible. It's a lot quicker. Just make sure that you're giving 3 players 48 minutes each week and you'll be good on your way. Consider investing in the draft, since you'll likely be able to draft a decent player with all those bots in your league.

Other than that, just make sure to keep expanding your arena. It is your main source of revenue, and the larger it gets the more money you'll be making each week. Also make sure to set your ticket prices properly. Buzzermanager.com has a good tool to help with that. If you haven't already make sure to check out the guide and FAQ. Almost everything you need to know is written there.

This Post:
294097.5 in reply to 294097.4
Date: 05/06/2018 17:17:29
Overall Posts Rated:
What about a trainer, doctor, Pr Manager?

This Post:
294097.7 in reply to 294097.5
Date: 05/06/2018 17:49:00
Overall Posts Rated:
Depending on the potential level of your trainees I might suggest a level 3 or even 4, since a long injury can really mess up training. They go pretty cheap, so if you can find one at a decent price with low salary, I'd suggest a bit high than a lvl 2.

This Post:
294097.8 in reply to 294097.6
Date: 05/06/2018 18:00:01
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
You sir have been a subject of debate in my circle which had me for one questioning your viability. But the manner in which you have introduced yourself alleviate those concerns. Long story but the short answer sits at the top of your conference. So who did you USED to be?

Ok let's talk brass tacks. First off winning your league is not out of the question. But it will take some doing, though not nearly what you might think. Your side if the table is shaky, see that guy at the top of the standings? Let's just say he is rather vulnerable. Half your side has gone bot, and a couple more could join them before seasons end so your competition is limited.

A few seasons back a checklist was instituted and for completing this approximately 25 item list a new team is given 3 players, nothing earth shattering mind you but still good pieces. Now these players cannot be sold for two seasons (though you can fire them) but I know at least one should be a keeper and the other two contributors, think of it as a supplemental draft. This way you at least get some solidity to build from. Pick up a couple of older guys with a little tread left on the tires and presto....you'll be in the finals. Find a way to pickup a player of impact and you MiGHT win the whole shooting match.

This Post:
294097.9 in reply to 294097.3
Date: 05/06/2018 18:25:38
Overall Posts Rated:
Stamby? One would think you might be my multi. And in the same league as my ultimate BB nemesis? What a coincidence. This could get very interesting.

Any help you need feel free to PM me.

In terms of competing, I think you have a great shot at a conference title to be honest! Good job starting your stadium. I would find a few 18 year olds at SF/PF with PAS potential to start training. Maybe grab a few vets to really make a run.

Good luck nan