Don't overpay

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
278366.2 in reply to 278366.1
Date: 04/13/2016 04:05:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Ok, thanks!

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
278366.4 in reply to 278366.3
Date: 04/13/2016 08:02:49
Overall Posts Rated:
We have a market that makes it easy to rip off people or get ripped off. I was bidding on like 10-15 players in the last few weeks, but backed out due to too high prices, bought a bunch of washed up old guys, just to get SOME players.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
278366.6 in reply to 278366.4
Date: 04/13/2016 08:27:34
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
I think it's partially a temporary problem because of Utopia; the creation of Utopia caused an influx of new teams that need players. Now that those teams grew a bit, they want players you and I are looking for too, creating an increase in demand. Meanwhile, those new teams don't contribute new players to the market (yet), because they are still training players, so there is no increase in supply to offset the increase in demand.

I hope in a few seasons we'll see more trained Utopia players entering the market and increasing supply/decreasing prices. In the meantime, the players you sell are worth more too, so that can help buying new players.

This Post:
278366.8 in reply to 278366.5
Date: 04/13/2016 08:41:07
Overall Posts Rated:
I am currently shopping for a ~100 TSP cookie-cutter PG, preferrably under 28 - pretty shallow market, especially because I don't want to buy certain nationalities. I think 2.5-3 million is the current price range for those guys.

If I could get up earlier or stay up later, I'd have much more success, that's for sure.

This Post:
278366.10 in reply to 278366.7
Date: 04/13/2016 10:48:45
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Do you understand the meaning of partially and temporary? Furthermore I do not "blame", I'm just sharing my view on possible causes for our "problem".

Prices are always the result of supply and demand. Telling people to stop overbidding is not solving any cause, just the symptoms of the fact that we have more demand than supply (though I personally don't think it's smart, as you point out not everyone has time or wants to wait for a good deal). As long as there is demand for players and we have enough money around to make such high bids, it will happen. This last point also is part of why what we see might not really be a problem, because if we all have more money available, it's no problem if player prices are higher. It's called inflation, plus the fact that if you sell your player you also get more money, which negates the higher price you need to pay for new players.

It's like selling a house during economic breakdown; people don't want to sell their house for less than they bought it for, not realizing they also pay less money for a new house that was worth more before.

Message deleted