BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Potential skill cap

Potential skill cap

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 08/07/2014 18:23:46
Overall Posts Rated:

So my player has the potential to be an MVP. What are the skill levels associated with being an MVP? How does a manager know when that player has reached their 'potential'?
What are the skill jumps from each level? I understand that my all-star will probably never reach legendary at anyone skill but what is the skill cap? is it related to the colour coding? All star caps out at prominent? superstar at tremendous? mvp at prodigious?

This Post:
261982.2 in reply to 261982.1
Date: 08/07/2014 18:40:21
Overall Posts Rated:
There's a handful of help tools out there. http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...

The specific tools that can help with your question are Buzzer-Manager, Coach Parrot, Rhyminsimon's Training Simulator and a few others.

To answer the last part of your question. A "star" player can reach legendary in a skill. He's not limited by capping out at a certain rating. His potential, is what is capped. So say he hits legendary in one skill, his overall potential will be closer to being capped.

Someone will come along and explain this much better. There are many posts, probably pretty far back, that I can try to find if you're looking for more information.

This Post:
261982.3 in reply to 261982.2
Date: 08/07/2014 20:27:14
Overall Posts Rated:
If I read you correctly, potential is an overall combined number of each skill.
Ie a superstar can have an overall number of 100 spread out over all the skills.
If that is correct, where can I find the numbers as they relate to potential?

This Post:
261982.4 in reply to 261982.3
Date: 08/08/2014 04:38:18
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
No it's much more complex. Too complex to just explain here to you. Go to buzzer-manager.com and play with the salary estimation tool, that's the best way to learn.

There are no simple numbers that you can use, there are too many variables. If you have a Center with 100 TSP, 20 each in REB, SB, ID and IS and a little in the other skills, he'll need ATG potentiall. However if you distribute the same 100 skillpoints as 10 over all skills you can stay within All-star/P. Allstar range. Secondary skills count less towards potential cap.

You can't say there's a salary point where a player caps, because two players with the same salary can have completely different skills and potential. Just play around with that salary tool and find out.