BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Buzzerbeater's Issues - Clock Issues Still Exist

Buzzerbeater's Issues - Clock Issues Still Exist

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/20/2013 14:32:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I have noticed that this game still has timing issues. For example the shot clock will run for 40 seconds then suddenly will say that the ball was stolen. The shot clock will just stay at zero for an extra 16 seconds. Another thing is, players get down the court too fast sometimes. For example sometimes there will be 3 seconds left after a defensive rebound and then miraculously a player will attempt a driving layup with 1 second left.

I bet if the simulation system continues to become more advanced with more variety and creativity the more it will recapture the attention of the basketball community. But most importantly working on the mechanics and removing errors comes first. This game has to be realistic and that is something I believe it still can work on. I am not one of the picky ones necessarily, but I know some are probably.

Last edited by Shulim Saleschutz at 02/20/2013 14:35:35

This Post:
236292.2 in reply to 236292.1
Date: 02/20/2013 16:46:04
Overall Posts Rated:
I have noticed that this game still has timing issues. For example the shot clock will run for 40 seconds then suddenly will say that the ball was stolen. The shot clock will just stay at zero for an extra 16 seconds. Another thing is, players get down the court too fast sometimes. For example sometimes there will be 3 seconds left after a defensive rebound and then miraculously a player will attempt a driving layup with 1 second left.

This has been going on for a long time, buddy. I've heard explanations about this, but none of them seem to be plausible.

This Post:
236292.3 in reply to 236292.2
Date: 02/20/2013 17:17:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah there's no plausible excuse, if you are trying to promote more people to watch their games live, I don't think these things will help. The creators seem to have the outlining of how this site is going to work just about right. The hardest part is pretty much done. This is a very magnificent website in certain ways.

Look at apple though. They are constantly upgrading their products because they want to get things perfect.

I think this site is doing that, but in a much slower fashion. If that's how the people want to do it, that is fine. I think this site is a long term project, but sometimes it's hard not to question things sometimes.

Last edited by Shulim Saleschutz at 02/20/2013 17:30:18

This Post:
236292.4 in reply to 236292.3
Date: 02/20/2013 19:19:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Look at apple though. They are constantly upgrading their products because they want to get things perfect.

Most funny joke I´ve heard in a while. They are trying to become perfect. Right. Perfection will never sell version X+1. Perfection is not part of any sales plan.

I seriously doubt the more-than-24-seconds while struggling for the steal is a real reason to keep people away. Haven´t heard from a guy making it that far and then seeing the incident just to realize "oh, wait, that´s not realistic, I´ll quit".

Let´s see if it will be fixed during the already announced GE overhaul which is to come.

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
This Post:
236292.5 in reply to 236292.4
Date: 02/20/2013 20:15:10
Headless Thompson Gunners
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Canada Purple Haze BC
I guess not many have played other sports sims
the live game play by play is better than the rest
if that's a major issue than I can't imagine what else bothers some people in life

This Post:
236292.6 in reply to 236292.5
Date: 02/20/2013 21:05:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah thats what I am saying. Buzzerbeater is among the best of the best. A great creation. Its in a field of its own. So it should set the bar high. I am impressed with the way it reaches out so well internationally as well. Its one of those sites that really can't be replaced with another (to my knowledge). I mean sorry for the fuss, I always have that vision that this site could get up to 100k users someday or maybe even a million. But obviously it takes patience. I bet It is hard work regulating this site.

This Post:
236292.9 in reply to 236292.1
Date: 02/21/2013 08:09:06
Overall Posts Rated:

That's a game viewer bug and such things actually doesn't happen in the background during Game Engine calculation or however you want to call it.

This Post:
236292.10 in reply to 236292.1
Date: 02/23/2013 18:00:38
Overall Posts Rated:
The 40-second shot clock is beyond annoying. So, too, are the "speed of light" last-second shots. Normally teams have to call timeouts to move the ball to half-court at the end of games, but in BB, they seem to do it automatically.

Other things:

Allow for ends of quarters where time simply runs out. I've seen it happen a little - it registers as a shot clock violation - but not often enough. I especially would like to see teams burn out the clock at the ends of games where the outcomes are no longer in doubt, where instead they will invariably take a last-second shot no matter the score. It's a thing that happens IRL, and even if it's only cosmetic, it couldn't hurt.

Another "problem" is that end-game fouls always take two seconds from inbounding. There must be some way of coding for the event of playing "keep away" successfully to burn more clock than this.

Tip rebounds also always take two seconds. I understand this one, but it's still worth noting.

Isn't there a "gap" between five and eight seconds in the shot clock where it is guaranteed that nothing will happen during that time period? I'm sure that there is, and I'm sure I don't understand why that would be there.

Last edited by Antares23 at 02/23/2013 18:01:36

This Post:
236292.11 in reply to 236292.10
Date: 02/23/2013 20:41:40
Overall Posts Rated:
I totally understand where you're coming from, man. +1 to you.