BuzzerBeater Forums

Philippines - IV.20 > Our Beginning

Our Beginning

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/10/2012 18:42:20
Overall Posts Rated:
I started here at IV.20 season19....my first whole season...since the team i inherited is at the bottom of the season 18...but i didnt played it then it was the old owner....so i can say season 19 is my first official whole season....my starting team roster is the basic weak line-up given to all of us....the first thing you need to do is read the BB help english guide at the forum....it contains everything you need to know on how to play this game. don't spend the money you have or will earn the first few weeks....until you know how this game work...lots of newbie commit that mistake.

My first season (season 19)....i read a lot in the forum...read the result box of other top team games in my league, look at what tactics they are using....i look at the skill of players at the market and take note of their salary compared to their skills...and how much they are worth.

During my first season (season 19)...it was kuponan that dominated our league IV.20....followed by sacred heart jesuit....but i beat sacred heart in the playoff....and unplugged beat kuponan.....unplugged eventually won the season 19 championship and promoted to division III....kuponan promoted too....because he is undefeated during the regular season...except in the playoff.

The next season (season20) it was sacred heart jesuit that dominated the IV.20 league....with a 90,000 salary center and a young center center in the national U21 team member......he was undefeated in the regular season....but i beat him again in the playoff...and eventually i became the season 20 IV.20 league champion.

To sustain your interest in this game...use your imagination...hi hi hi...watch the minute by minute gameplay of your teams live.....and you will start to know your players characteristics.

This Post:
226748.2 in reply to 226748.1
Date: 09/16/2012 23:57:34
Overall Posts Rated:
before i was promoted to division III.6, after i was crowned the division IV.20 season 20 champion...i increased the price of bleacher and lower tier seats in my arena because of the expected attendance boost. i got the 300,000 bonus too....i sell two of the old guys/players in my team...purchase one player with better skills....i sold the player i got from the draft with a high potential so i got good money for him. my money on hand is over a million....im split with the idea of purchasing a young good player or spending my money on the arena....i decided ill go for the improvement of my arena....and play my first season in the div. III with a skeleton crew that is almost at the salary floor level....since even if i lose a lot of games...the attendance boost is still there...and my arena is always full.

This Post:
226748.3 in reply to 226748.2
Date: 12/13/2012 07:39:52
Overall Posts Rated:
I like this idea. This is what I'll gonna do when time comes. tnx

This Post:
226748.4 in reply to 226748.2
Date: 12/14/2012 18:36:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Season 21 my third season....The first thing you will notice at Division 3 after being promoted from Division 4 is how small is your current arena compared to those who are in division 3 including the relegated team from division 2 to division 3. So I decided to spend this Season upgrading my arena...which I did from around 8,000 seats to 16,000 seats....almost all season 21 were spent for the arena upgrading almost non-stop. sold the draft player i got which have a hall of fame potential because i cant spend money training it for around 800,000 then sold a couple of old guys i have in division 4 replaced them with a couple of old guys too but with higher skills that are better suited for division 3 then sold them at the end of the season for a profit. i also managed to finished at 5th place standing which means i save one week team salary and didnt fight in the relegation round....unfortunately they change the setup now....landing at 5th no longer make you save a whole team salary for a week. after the whole season 21 in the off season i bought a good young player for about a million which i considered as a saving or investment because money put in a young good player will return to you after you used the player for a couple of season and this mark the start of my building up a competitive team. so far so good

This Post:
226748.5 in reply to 226748.4
Date: 12/15/2012 18:21:06
Overall Posts Rated:
Disaster struck early at Season 22 My fourth season....the last scrimmage before the official season 22 games one of my starter got injured for two weeks, after 2 official games another starter got injured for one week....this is critical cus im still maintaining the seven man crew i have...that left me with 5 playing players. with no reliable bigman. lose 5 games in a row....but i focus on winning the cup games so i can still hoard some money. split with the idea to tank and dont spend any money this season and be relegated to division 4 or try to salvage my chance to stay in division 3. i am trying to sell the two injured players....but still it is not wise to buy new players at the start of the season because the prices or cost are high. ill wait until the middle game till i decide what to do.

Last edited by Markang_Bungo at 12/16/2012 07:48:24

This Post:
226748.6 in reply to 226748.5
Date: 01/05/2013 05:10:27
Overall Posts Rated:
i was tempted to tank the whole season 22....with good reason because i estimated that tanking at division 3 would save you around 2 million....plus the number 1 draft player with more or less hall of fame potential that you can sell for about 800,000...yes going back to division 4....will result to lower weekly earnings but this will also be compensated by the price of 300,000 if you manage to win the championship plus the attendance boost for being promoted again.

This Post:
226748.7 in reply to 226748.6
Date: 01/26/2013 19:52:40
Overall Posts Rated:
Still struggling at the half of the Season...with a 6-10 record...second to lowest team in rank....but i could say not the weakest....because the team is now in fighting form with a mix of good young and veteran players....the focus of arena construction the previous season had taken its toll....because my roster is just rebuilding itself...this is the reason why they say this game is a marathon....it will take time....to earn and save enough money and invest them to good young players....as it is i think im going to fight in a relegation game to stay at division 3. focusing now in managing the gameshape of players...and playing TIE or take it easy mode to improve the team enthusiasm....if for some reason you still dont know yet...playing TIE most of the time is better than playing normal mode.

This Post:
226748.8 in reply to 226748.7
Date: 01/30/2013 19:32:18
Overall Posts Rated:
Again another star player my power forward got injured...the way the team is going based on our standing....i'm fighting not to be automatically relegated back to division 4....i am now considering getting a staff doctor to lessen the frequency of injury among my players....it seems that once you set foot at higher division...a staff doctor is a must.

This Post:
226748.9 in reply to 226748.8
Date: 02/10/2013 20:19:28
Overall Posts Rated:
Hard to let go of my star power forward, but he injured for the next two weeks...I put him immediately in the transfer list...and manage to sell him for 140,000 a little under half of what i paid for him.....but by selling him I saved the two weeks salary that i will pay for him although he is not playing for the team....his salary is around 45,000...thats 90,000 in two weeks...meaning i didn't really lost any money for him and by doing so...manage to buy another not so skilled PF...decision that lead my team to win my next game....time is crucial as my team fought not to be relegated.

I also bought a doctor for my team health to avoid nasty injury again that could derailed my effort to salvage my team from being relegated....a very bad season indeed...and it is hard to right the situation with very little money.

This Post:
226748.10 in reply to 226748.9
Date: 03/23/2013 18:58:35
Overall Posts Rated:
Division 23...My fifth season at buzzerbeater....my third season at division 3....i won the relegation last season so i stayed at division 3....again my center got injured for 5 weeks before the last season end......again i sold him although i know that all injuries will be reset at the start of a new season....just to save a little for paying his salary ....last season is a season of injury....but this season started and so far are injury free....i am 4 - 1 in standing.....winning 4 in a row....losing the last game to a similar unbeaten team....who played normal game againts my TIE.....why would he do that?....just to lead the standing or just to stay unbeaten....he sacrifice his team enthusiasms....its better to lose a battle now just to win the war later....so it didnt affect me....

This Post:
226748.11 in reply to 226748.1
Date: 05/22/2013 04:04:55
Overall Posts Rated:
Your Right :)