This Post:
318009.7 in reply to 318009.4
Date: 02/10/2023 17:50:14
CC Mavs
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
D-Town Cowboys
Thanks for the Welcome, 1st time in the NBBA some of you guys already know of me. You beat me to get here lol. Although, I have been in BuzzerBeater for many seasons I still have a lot to learn. I am just hoping I can win a game or two here.

I enjoy drafting my players at 18/19 yr/old and training them as a core and build around them. I hope that strategy can work well here. GL to All

This Post:
318009.8 in reply to 318009.7
Date: 02/11/2023 21:29:51
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Just want to invite all the newcomers (and everyone else) to join us on the discord. We have a specific channel for NBBA talk. The amount it is used varies but it can be more fun to talk during the games with the chat there. Send me a bbmail if you join and I'll add you to the channel.

https://discord.gg/wqaxrZrH

This Post:
318009.10 in reply to 318009.9
Date: 02/11/2023 22:35:07
Wasted Potential
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Hazards to Society
Also before plasma does the really boring, formula power rankings (idk where he got the inspiration). Here are my totally subjective, biased power rankings I came up with just now after 1 game for this season.

1. Mountain Eagles - Well he just won the league and now has a lot of money to make some moves from the top of the mountain, so it seems like he'll be in control of the top of the league if he wants.
2. Bananahorns - Retaining the roster that took 2nd place (with a player injured), though game 1 did not look too impressive from Bananahorns. Bananas might be getting a little too ripe as a few players are getting older.
3. Splash Gang - Game 1 was a loss with less effort on the road, but Splash Gang has been running a successful low salary team for a while. A couple of young players look like they might be becoming more dangerous this season and might finally splash in some more 3's.
4. Forza Jazz - NT PG Gibson Aboki is leading the way on this team, however rumors are he is looking for a buyout to go to a real contender. The loss tonight came on the road on less effort.
5. 10inch Vertical - Taking the defending conference champions to overtime on the road in game 1 is a nice way to join the league. This teams biggest problem is that they lose every opening tipoff due to their low vertical jump.
6. The Musicians - 3rd highest salary in the league and an impressive game 1 win! Will we be listening to their song all season?
7. F.Day Internet Lovers Club - First day wasn't great for F.Day as they lost with more effort at home on TV. This will be all over the internet, though their new player was in 5 GS.
8. Wasted Potential - Honestly I have no idea what I'm doing this season, potentially something great but it might go wasted.
9. Eugene Register-Guard 2.0 - This may be the season that they take the #1 spot in total wins, if they do I'm sure we will hear all about it in their daily newspaper.
10. Skinny Dudes - Impressive game 1 win after surviviing relegation, this team might look scary if they didn't all weigh 120 lbs.
11. The LA Lions - Honestly, they should be much higher but I forgot to put them on here until now, so 11th place it is for them. Hopefully this won't cause too much of an upROAR among the Lions.
12. Mill City Thunder - Thunder comes after lightning so a win will come after the loss tonight, right?
13. Sofuegg - Couldn't think of a pun with their team name since I don't understand it so rank #13 for them even after winning by 28!
14. Hipster Bears - Winning game 1 is a little too mainstream for these bears, but we'll see what upgrades they might make to their roster.
15. CC Mavs - As long as they aquire a new PG that will show up to play in their basketball games then they should be looking good.
16. [Insert Name] - Game 1 was a brutal loss as this team continues to go through a marketing nightmare as they can't come up with a team name. However, their manager was not available for comment as he was not able to be found.

Pretty sure these are 100% accurate and the season doesn't need to be played, but I guess we all need something to look forward to on Tuesday nights.

Last edited by Mediocrity at 02/11/2023 22:39:20

This Post:
318009.14 in reply to 318009.13
Date: 02/13/2023 12:52:39
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
I always like to scout for talent.

Yes, it might be a bit too much wash-rinse-repeat, but I learned this strategy from one of my older friends who used to play this game eons ago.

Very easy to grab such players if you have the money in the bank to do so, and then afterwards just replenish whatever talent you lost with a cheap and strong acquisition closer to playoffs. It beats in contrast to the train-to-build approach, which I attempted twice with 2 different kinds of NT players yet was unsuccessful.

Once the new season rolls around, you get money back in the war chest with selling some of your players (who btw might've gotten a couple skill pops cuz I always maintain a level 3 gym)

Gendreau and DW are here to stay for sure. Without those 2 I don't think I win the title last year.

Last edited by tough at 02/13/2023 12:53:23

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
Advertisement