This Post:
Date: 02/07/2023 10:29:05
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Welcomes and Farewells
Welcome to Season 60 in Div III.11, a division with some consistent stalwarts, solid competition, and a couple fluff teams that somehow get away with sticking around for the last few years.

Season 60 brings us some fresh faces and goodbyes to some beloved (and much hated) teams.

The Relegators
The Best of the Worst - The Philadelphia Spartans. Season 59 brought us Coach Victor and his Spartans, who had only taken over the team in Div IV.48 in the middle of Season 57 where they made the finals in Season 58 and were promoted after losing the finals in three games thanks to their undefeated regular season record. Last season, they tried to elevate the depth of their squad by spending $920k on two $20k salaried players to couple with Sorin Nitã, then a 29-year old $97k center from Romania then turned around a few weeks later and made nearly $700k by selling off. But just three weeks into the experiment, going 2-3 in that time (including a surprising win over Philly Dribble), they bailed on it, selling Nitã for a profit and taking a loss on their investment in previously purchased Härmo Vaarandi from Estonia, their $87k PG, for almost $700k. About a month later, they brought in another $70k in two salaried players to try and stave off relegation, but despite their best efforts, ended up falling to the Lion Rebels in three games. They find themselves back in Div IV.13.

The Maybe Next Season? - Motor City Waddupdoe & BKDogs. Both squads finished seventh in their respective conferences, mustering just 7 wins between them. Motor City outplayed BKDogs in their lone matchup on the season, but neither were able to compete with the rest of the group for vastly different reasons. While BKDogs had the salary to be competitive, their game shape betrayed them most of the season, with the team never averaging even respectable at any point in the season, dipping close to mediocre near the middle of the season. Motor City, on the other hand, had only $69k in salary on 17 players to start the season and brought in $22k salary big man Paul Cater who only stood 6'2" but played PF for most of the season for them. Motor City finds themselves in IV.30 which should be good for them as they have only been around since the middle of Season 58, while BKDogs will get to face them two times this season as they've in the same Div IV League.

The Bots - Sweaty Socks made it slightly longer than BOBBBSBURGS, but neither team won a game before botifying, both with severely lacking salaries below the salary floor. There just wasn't going to be a chance for them even if they hadn't gone bot.

The Promoted Out
Fare thee well to Tylormade's The Ashkickers who finally made it out of Division III after five attempts and 19 seasons in III.11. They find themselves in II.3 with a Country Rank of 74 and a World Rank of 1714. Best of luck to them (and good riddance).

Last edited by Baine at 02/07/2023 10:30:04

This Post:
317993.2 in reply to 317993.1
Date: 02/07/2023 10:30:49
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Welcomes and Farewells - Part Two
The Newcomers
With two new teams in the Big 8 and four in the Great 8, here are the newcomers, in no particular order:

Flamin' Flamingos, managed by ascent.
World Rank: 5669
Country Rank: 275
The Flamingos have been around since Season 48 (as Righteous Rebellion, renamed in Season 56). As the Rebellion, they made a couple of Div III appearances (Season 51 and 54), but most recently as the rebranded Pinkies were in IV.64 before moving over to IV.5 in Season 58, winning the league in Season 59 with a 19-3 record over the previously undefeated TripB in two games. Currently, the Flamingos have two ~$40k salaried 34-year olds and two ~$20k core players with three players transfer listed.

Cincinnati Slammers - managed by Tukas.
World Rank: 6526
Country Rank: 321
Tukas' crew has been around since Season 56 tooling around in IV.39 and IV.13 before making the finals last season with a 21-1 record before losing in two games to the other 21-1 team in that league. PG Peter Stevens was 2nd in the MVP vote in that league last season. Nine of their 18 currently rostered players make more than $9k, but none makes more than $18k. They currently only have one player transfer listed. Their greatest achievement to date may be the fact that they sold a $1,420 salary 22-year old, 7'1", 6th Man potential player for $2000.

STG on MCU - managed by STGonMCU.
World Rank: 8870
Country Rank: 460
No one knows (yet), but I'm going with Short-to-Ground on Microcontroller Units for the moniker, though that's a bit of a mouth-full, so I'll stick with STG on MCU, or maybe just STG. They also joined in during Season 56 starting out in IV.4 making the playoffs four times before finally sealing the deal last season with a 20-2 record, defeating MKE Bucks in two games. They too had a runner up for MVP in 26-year old Regilio van der Reis, a small forward who played mostly in the 4 spot, averaging 17.4 PTS/game. They currently have three players making near or just above $20k and are relatively young (none older than 26). They have four players currently transfer listed.

Fondy Cardinals - managed by SasaP.
World Rank: 4853
Country Rank: 236
Fondy have a relatively long history in the BuzzerBeater universe, having been around since Season 38, spending 19 seasons in DIV IV.34 before being moved over to IV.20 where it took them two seasons to win the 'ship. They sported a 21-1 record and won the finals in three games. They also boasted last season's MVP, a $61k PG Skomantas Kazisalkus, whom they sold off to an Italian squad for $500k in the last few days. That leaves behind $67k PF Matthis Anwander supported by a trio of players making $20k-$34k. No players currently transfer listed.

This Post:
317993.3 in reply to 317993.2
Date: 02/07/2023 10:31:14
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Welcomes and Farewells - Part Three
Fondy Cardinals - managed by SasaP.
World Rank: 4853
Country Rank: 236
Fondy have a relatively long history in the BuzzerBeater universe, having been around since Season 38, spending 19 seasons in DIV IV.34 before being moved over to IV.20 where it took them two seasons to win the 'ship. They sported a 21-1 record and won the finals in three games. They also boasted last season's MVP, a $61k PG Skomantas Kazisalkus, whom they sold off to an Italian squad for $500k in the last few days. That leaves behind $67k PF Matthis Anwander supported by a trio of players making $20k-$34k. No players currently transfer listed.

Tasty Tardsicles - managed by spilly19.
World Rank: 2293
Country Rank: 104
Ranking #3 in my favorite team/manager name combos, Tasty comes to us via relegation from II.1 where they've resided for the last four seasons. But their history stretches all the way back to my first stint in BB, all the way to Season 14. They first reached Div II back in Season 24 and have bounced back and forth between III and II since then. Seven of their 12 players make at least $19k with three players making more than $40k, including Marco "Rapido" Jimenez, a 26-year old PF/C who averaged a double-double last season. They have a 19-year old 7'5" hall of fame caliber big man listed...too bad he's atrocious in three major skills.

The White Walkers - managed by Night King.
World Rank: 5678
Country Rank: 276
The Night King has been around since Season 40 and while they've primarily been tooling around in Div IV's, they're no stranger to Div III and have dabbled on occasion in Div II. They come to us from IV.9 last season after a 20-2 regular season and a dominating two game victory in the finals. Their two top players recently arrived via the transfer list (one this morning!) at a cost of $3.3mil to pair with their four other solid base of $20k-$38k core five players. Three rookies are transfer listed, including an 18-year old hall of fame capable PG with decent overall TSP, if anyone has a spare $600k to spend as he's already gotten three bids.

With transfers happening, it's hard to pull together a truly accurate preseason rankings, but I'll pull something together by Friday or so and will probably amend it before the allstar break. Best of luck to everyone and welcome to Div III.11!

This Post:
317993.4 in reply to 317993.3
Date: 02/10/2023 04:43:25
Linndale
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
"Every player in this room is 22 or under. We have a starter in here, we have some guys with starting experience in here, and a rookie. Can anyone in here tell me why I am meeting with this specific group and not the whole team right now?" Coach Pio Reina was looking to see who was observant.

Datler, Mann, and Garcaa shared a knowing glance. It was obvious to them. Reese nodded. He knew, but wasn't ready to speak up. Tovar knew, but then his brash confidence led him to think he knew a lot as Pio would quickly come to discover. Only Reynolds wasn't sure, but as the rookie, that was to be expected. Deer in the headlights and all that.

Reese was about to speak, but Tovar was quicker on the trigger.

"Coach, we're gonna play a lot, aren't we? The bigs in here either start of have started. I've started before I got here. That leaves the quiet guy and the rookie. I'm guessing quiet guy has started a time or two, but not really that experienced." Tovar was prone to state the obvious.

"You'd be wise to tone down your words. That quiet guy can play better defense than you. Outside of your rookie teammate, everyone in here knows I put emphasis on defense, and Mr. Reynolds you just learned that didn't you?"

Rolland Reynolds spoke. "No sir, I watch and listen. Nick and a few of the other veterans have told me a number of times. Harrison is working with me to get me up to speed, too." That last part was a surprise to Pio; he'd known that Mann was working hard, but he hadn't heard about the mentoring bit from his assistants yet. Maybe time for a meeting with them.

"Tovar is right. You're going to play a lot. I want you prepared to work. Much is expected of you. I know you're all at different levels in your development, so we don't expect the same from you, but there are three things I do expect. You will be prepared, you will work hard, and you will defend. Now your season objectives. Shooter, you’re first. Your defense needs work. So does your passing. You’re weak inside defensively and you don’t finish at the rim. By the end of the season I want you to be able to play and be comfortable playing both guard spots. You’re the worst defending guard on the team. Change it.” Tovar was taken aback. He wasn’t used to being challenged like that.

“Reese, we need to find out if you have the ball skills to stay at the small, of if we need to transition you to the power. I want you to be able to play both. so your passing and inside game will be points of emphasis. You’re getting trained up everywhere.” Reese was excited, not that he ever showed it.

“Datler, Garcaa, and Mann, you all have to improve your ball skills and shooting. Mann, hit the boards, and be prepared to step outside on defense. I think there might be more to unlock there. Garcaa and Datler, I want more shot blocking and rebounding. Show me what you’ve got. Make life inside a living hell for the other team.” Mann was dumbfounded. Outside, he asked himself. Didn't see that coming. Garcaa just smiled. He took it as “just do what you, but better.” Datler just nodded. He knew he had work to do.

“Coach”, asked Reynolds, “what about me?”

“Well, truth is Rolland, we can see you have the foundations for being a rebounder and shot blocker. You’re going to move around with Reese and train all over the place. We need to build on your strengths and find out what else you can do. I think you’re a prime candidate to develop into a small forward. Think you're up to it?"

"Gentlemen, to get to where we want to be, your development is crucial. I want to run, I want to press, I like to switch on defense. I demand defense. If you want to play fast, we have to defend and rebound. If we can't do that, we won't play fast. On offense, I hate turnovers. We share the ball, but we also protect the ball. If I can't trust you, you're gone. Got it?"

"Week one is jump shot week for forwards. Take 'em and make 'em, guys!"

Last edited by Speedtraps at 02/10/2023 04:46:23

This Post:
317993.5 in reply to 317993.4
Date: 02/10/2023 18:28:56
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Season 60 Preview
Well, here's the unofficial, official welcome to those of us who now reside in Div. III.11. I try to do this little introductory post before the season starts with some predictions and thoughts on the league, generally making myself look like an ass for the entertainment of the other 15 managers. A hearty welcome (again) to all the newcomers - hopefully we'll have an entertaining and unpredictable season. Looking at things as we get started, I'm sure that will be the case.

Last season I predicted Philly Dribble would win it all, but hampered by two key injuries in the Big 8 Conference Semi-Finals in their win over Carolina let San Dominica Warriors slip past them only to lose to The Ashkickers in three games. Their manager, Tylormade, flipped me one last bird for all the times I underestimated his squad in my power rankings (hey, man, you can't argue with the logic of facts based on very sophisticated calculations of numbers!). This season brings four new teams to the Great 8 and two to the Big 8. And now, for my disclaimer:

As always (or at least for the last few seasons), these predictions are based on current salary statistics for the league. This season, I've slightly modified it, (again). Last season, I modified my points assignment because I think the value of bench play ends up helping push teams over the top, so I calculated it by total salaries, Top 5, and 6-10 salaries are equally weighted and then, Top 8, and Top 10, and average salary rankings are weighted equally. I totaled those ranking position points up and divide by the number of categories gathered to give me my ranking system.

This season, however, I've measured each salary against the average for each category and then assigned a point value based on that. For example for Total Salary it breaks down like this for teams $100k over the league total average and for teams $100k less the league total average:

Team Total Salary > League Total Salary Average+100,000 = 60 Points
Team Total Salary +100,000 < League Total Salary Average = 0 Points

We'll use this season's current salaries as examples:
- Philly Dribble currently has a total salary number of $345,752, which is just over the league wide average of $244,417, so in that category they score 60 points.
- On the opposite end of the spectrum is Cincinnati Slammers, whose current total salaries are $135,776 - when we add another $100k to that, they're still less than the league average, so they score 0 points.

The breakdown for each category is similar to this with some slight modifications based on the variances from the averages for each category. This season I'm weighting Total Salary and Top 6-10 (bench play) the highest (range from 0-60 points), while Top 5 and Top 8 are 2nd tiered (0-30 points) and Top 10 is the lowest tier (0-15 points). Add those five category point totals and then divide by five and you have your rankings. All ties are broken by Top 6-10 rank.

If you're curious, I can provide the exact calculations, but I figure not everyone's as nerdy or interested as me so I won't bore you any more with this.

My usual disclaimer: I'm not a scientist, but I am a dork who can't get enough of this dumb game, thus my predictions. Before the ranking predictions, here are some of the highlights and lowlights of our league.

This Post:
317993.6 in reply to 317993.5
Date: 02/10/2023 18:29:18
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Current League Leaders in Salary
1. Philly Dribble - $345,752. They're sitting at 17 players, which causes them to rank only 6th in average salary, but those of us who are too familiar with them know that doesn't mean a thing.
2. Linndale - $311,151 - The only move Linndale's made so far is to bring in $14k SG Trenton Tovar who is only 22-years old and scored 13 points in 27 minutes in his first scrimmage this week. Lutz was listed on the transfer list and the old man, 40-year-old Pestana is currently listed, but few, if any teams are thinking about kicking the tires on the old PG at $100k transfer price.
3. Miami Cleo - $298,301 - 15 rostered players with none listed for sale. Interestingly, last season's #3 overall total salaried team (The Ashkickers) were right around this same mark and hadn't made any moves before going on to dominate and win the finals.

In the division, teams average $240k in salary, which is up 27k from last season. This season seven teams are averaging less than that, three of which average MUCH less than that. I'm sure there will be lots of changes to this and the rest of these categories over the course of the first few weeks.

Current League Leaders in Starting 5
These might not be the actual starting 5 numbers, but actually just the highest 5 paid player salary totals from each team.
1. Philly Dribble - $220k - 64% of their total salaries
2. The White Walkers - $211k - 81%
3. Miami Cleo - $210k - 70%

Overall, the 16 teams average $164k (splitting the difference between last season and the season before that which was $184k) for top 5 paid players with 5 teams averaging more than $200k and three teams averaging less than $115k.

Current League Leaders in Assumed Top Bench Players (Top 6-10)
1. San Dominica Warriors - $91k ($18.2k per player)
2. Linndale - $88.8k ($17.76k per player)
3. Philly Dribble - $88.1k ($17.6k per player)

As I'm writing this, 209's MostWanted two transfer listed players haven't sold yet, but there are bids on them (by the time I post this, they might already be sold), so I took that into account in the final numbers. Before those two were going to sell, 209's sat at the top of this list and that drastically altered the final preseason rankings, which are up next!

This Post:
317993.7 in reply to 317993.6
Date: 02/10/2023 18:29:57
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Season 60 Final Ranking Predictions
Once again, these rankings are based on salaries, with total salary and 6-10 players weighted highest, then a notch below that ranks Top 5 & Top 8, followed by Top 10. Feel free to flip me the bird me if you're angry. And don't forget, these salary numbers will most definitely change, but my ability incorrectly predict these things never will!

16. Flamin' Flamingos - I doubt this will last as they've recently sold three players for a total of $800k+ dropping nearly $50k in salary. I'd guess the veteran manager ascent has some plans to add to the squad with only nine players currently rostered.

15. Cincinnati Slammers - Tukas is sporting 17 players for by far the lowest average salary per player, coming in at just under $8k. No moves made as of this post, but they would have to be pretty significant to get to a competitive state.

14. STG on MCU - I swear I'm not just hating on the newcomers here. STG sports a higher salaried crew than the aforementioned two, but only by $20k. And that's after dropping $640k on $30k salary 25-year-old PG Matthew Marsh. They do have a couple of players transfer listed.

13. 209's MostWanted - 209's sale dropped them from a top 5 spot in these rankings all the way down here. And they're only getting (at this writing) $40k for players with a combined age of 71 years. They're no rookie, so I'm guessing they've got some plans to be competitive. Overall, they should be OK, but time will tell.

11. The Beer Bellys - Yes, I did skip #12. That's because these next two teams are nearly identical in salaries. thatguy is retooling and hoping to hang around - we'll see if the Keg is up for that or if he'll see a revolt!

11. Fondy Cardinals - Another newcomer near the bottom, I know, I know, but Fondy's been quite active on the transfer list. Currently only $1,500ish separates The Bellies from the Cards. But Fondy's sold off $85k worth of salary to reel in over $1 million in spending cash. We'll see how they use it.

10. Carolina Rebels - This is going to get me in trouble. Just like with The Ashkickers, I haven't learned my lesson. In looking at how the points got distributed, they scored 20, 5, 5, 3, & 10 points in each category, getting punished for being right at or near the average (either over or under). But that's what makes these predictions fun: BEING LOUD WRONG.

9. Żubr Białystok - whitestok's group suffers a similar fate as Carolina, but they're definitely not worth ignoring. All in all, there are 8 teams that span from almost $240k-$280k in salary - that's really not a lot, so this whole mess from #10-#4 could be a traffic jam of craziness.

Last edited by Baine at 02/10/2023 18:31:13

This Post:
317993.8 in reply to 317993.7
Date: 02/10/2023 18:30:31
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
Season 60 Final Ranking Predictions - Continued
8. Lion Rebels - Eliciting HIGH DOUBT on this one. My team hasn't improved that drastically - I'm still probably another year away, so I'll be playing just to not make my fans revolt and trying to avoid relegation. I'll bet I finish 13th or something like that.

7. The White Walkers - The Night King has been Wheeling and Dealing this week, here to spend money and kick ass and he's all out of money. He brought in Victor Papageorgiou ($62k) for a staggering $2.8 million but made up for it by selling off rookie Stanford Roach for a solid $1.7 mil. All in all he's made 8 transactions just this week, bringing on 5 new players and selling three.

6. Hustlas - I don't know how Reece is doing it, but he's standing pat and not making any moves so far (though he has transfer listed a couple players who haven't sold). He's made a grand total of 296 transfers in his BB career, but surprisingly none in almost a month of real life. I'm sure that will change as he too is a Wheeler and a Dealer.

5. San Dominica Warriors - Last season I had a team that ended up relegating in this spot. I doubt that will be the case with Coach Stephenson's team. With their league leading bench, they'll be stout. I'm not certain how much they've improved this season from last, but they haven't made any transactions. I guess we'll find out!

4. Tasty Tardsicles - With just 11 players rostered, they're still 5th in total salaries. They've got a solid top 5 and I'm sure will be tough to beat. But be forewarned! I had my own Lion Rebels listed at 4th before last season and ended up 7-15.

3. Miami Cleo - Miami's got some great D, so I'm sure they'll be in the mix at the top, but by the points system, there's a bit of a gap between #3 and the top two spots. Ever difficult, however, they'll hold their own and be fighting to get to the finals.

2. Linndale - I hope this is a curse. They're top two in every category except for Top 5, in which they're ranked 4th. That could change if Ubaldo Pestana sells, but he's fading, and probably pretty quickly, so I don't know that his $18k salary is going to belie the truth for much longer about his skills.

1. Philly Dribble - Same story as last year - Phils_Wings at the top. Hopefully injury doesn't plague them again - while they lost 5 games before the playoffs last season, the way things are shaping up, I'll be pretty surprised (barring significant salary changes) if they lose more than one this season.

Conference Standings
Here's how the conferences break down based on those rankings
Big 8
1. Philly Dribble
2. Linndale
3. San Dominica
4. Lion Rebels
5. Carolina Rebels
6. Fondy Cardinals
7. 209's MostWanted
8. Flamin' Flamingos

Great 8
1. Miami Cleo
2. Tasty Tardsicles
3. Hustlas
4. The White Walkers
5. Żubr Białystok
6. The Beer Bellys
7. STG on MCU
8. Cincinnati Slammers

Playoff/Relegation Predictions
Great 8 Playoffs
The White Walkers vs. Miami Cleo (upset!)
Hustlas vs. Tasty Tardsicles

Big 8 Playoffs
Lion Rebels vs. Philly Dribble
San Dominica vs. Linndale

Great 8 Semi-Final Matchup
The White Walkers vs. Tasty Tardsicles

Big 8 Semi-Final Matchup
San Dominica vs. Philly Dribble

Relegation Matchups
Carolina Rebels over STG on MCU in two
209's MostWanted over Żubr Białystok in three
Fondy Cardinals over The Beer Bellys in three

Season 58 Championship
Philly Dribble over Tasty Tardsicles in three.

And so, there you have it! Good luck this season and may the best team prove me wrong!

Final programming note: almost all of my quips and schticks are tongue in cheek meant to have a little fun.

Last edited by Baine at 02/10/2023 18:30:56

This Post:
317993.9 in reply to 317993.8
Date: 02/11/2023 15:04:25
Lion Rebels
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
LR Youth BC
And there goes Flamingos obliterating my preseason rankings!
;)

This Post:
317993.10 in reply to 317993.9
Date: 02/11/2023 19:57:55
Linndale
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
...inside the Linndale locker room, pre game...

“Defend, rebound, and take care of the basketball.” Pio figured it was a young group and he’d do well to set the tone and expectations immediately. “I want you to be able to defend your position well, and then be able to defend another position. Defensively, we’re not good enough. Rebound. We have to be able to go and get the basketball. The basketball belongs to us. Do NOT let the other team have it. If you go get the basketball, the other team can’t score and it gives us more chances to score. Take care of the basketball. I HATE turnovers on offense. I love causing turnovers on defense. It’s OUR basketball. Protect it.”

Pio looked around the locker room. Ubaldo Pestana was the only player not here, and he logged into the meeting on the team’s videoconferencing platform. He was away due to a personal matter. Everyone looked alert and attentive. That was good; there had been times he remembers from his playing days where that wasn’t always the case. Those players never lasted long.

“Gentlemen, we expect to make the playoffs. That is our expectation. That is ALWAYS the expectation here. Defend, rebound, and take care of the basketball. If you do that, no one will want to play you in the postseason.”

“Now, on to tonight’s opponent. It’s going to be a big ask, but we have to find a way to control Armstead. If he has a big game, we lose. Don't let him gp for 40 points 20 rebounds on us, or some ridiculous performance,and make him work for what he gets. You all know what the game plan is. Reese, be ready. I expect nice things from you. Reynolds, watch carefully, ask questions, and when your number is called, put in the work. Datler, just keep grinding. Shooter, 15 off the bench tonight?”

“Nope. 20, Coach.” Trenton Tovar had a lot of confidence. Sometimes, too much.

“Just don’t let that confidence turn to cockiness. This is a strong defensive league and you’re not a finished offensive player. And if you don’t play defense, you won’t play here. Got it?” Pio wanted to make sure Shooter as he called him remembered to get back on defense. My veterans, you know what I expect. Lead the way. Those who don't follow better be leading. Those who do neither, goodbye."

“Got it.”

“Good. Team, show me who you are. I’ll worry about getting you to be who you want to be. What do you want to be?”

“Champions.” Pio thought that was unenthusiastic and quite muted.

“Make them hear you out in the arena. What do you want to be? Say it like you mean it!”

“CHAMPIONS!!!”

“Now go show me what that looks like!"

This Post:
317993.11 in reply to 317993.10
Date: 02/11/2023 22:06:35
Linndale
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
"I told you guys to show me what champions look like. They don't look like what you showed out there at all. There was no defense. No rebounding. You didn't start making shots until the last quarter. My point guard had as many assists as turnovers. Do you understand we were not PLAYING THE CHAMPIONS?!? WE WERE NOT PLAYING SOMEONE WE WANT TO SEE AS CHAMPIONS!!! WE PLAY SO WE CAN WIN AMD BE CHAMPIONS!!!! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!" Pio Reina was a very unhappy man.

"You know we have work to do. Go to work. I know we've got a young team, but these are the losses that keep you out of the playoffs. The guys we needed to play well did not. You know who did? The bench, Specifically Paulie, Reese, and Nick. Good job, now do it again. Starters and reserves, those are the only 3 players I am pleased with. The rest of you guys have some soul searching to do. You better do it fast; if you don't come ready to work it's gonna be a long, long season. And I'm not going to be a nice guy."