This Post:
313345.9 in reply to 313345.5
Date: 01/15/2022 16:14:50
LionPride
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
TerrapinPride
Love you Yuck. I'm not going to pick yours apart that much since I respect you to the moon and back. Just the one point that seems to be a theme:

NBBA success matters all of a sudden which is sad since that's a very new benchmark, but I digress.

To: Apex
This Post:
313345.10 in reply to 313345.6
Date: 01/15/2022 16:19:41
LionPride
IV.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
TerrapinPride
I can respect and agree with this. Very measured and thoughtful.

I've beaten this horse to death by now, so I'll phrase it a different way to you and to others: I hope to one day match wits with you in whatever league so I can finally check off the box so many of you are waiting for.

This Post:
313345.11 in reply to 313345.5
Date: 01/15/2022 16:23:52
Cyborgs
IV.17
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Brawlers
It has been a long while since we talked. seems like real life has a way of sometimes distancing people… I’m glad to being back, even though I never left but now have more time and looking to get involved and reconnect with the great Managers we have in this community I know which ever manager that gets elected will do a phenomenal job in guiding our U21 to the Championship and winning it for the USA… with the feedback I have seen on this forum, it shows the support for each other in this community but it also shows what it would take to lead the U21 team for our Country… as well I’m sure the National Team… Good Luck to our next U21 Team Manager as I know the entire community will support you as well…
Best….
Mad Scientist

This Post:
313345.12 in reply to 313345.8
Date: 01/15/2022 16:33:24
ExplosiveBubbleWrap
III.10
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BubblesExploded
I don't need scrimmages to tell me that opponents bigs having +6 rebounding over our big is not good. USA U21 has historically had a problem trying to get away with less and less rebounding. I do not want to see that reinforced personally.

I think Antwon gets us Gold within the next two Worlds. It is generally my perspective that the new U21 manager deserves two terms to see what they can do. I suspect Antwon will help create one of the best Worlds classes we have seen in a long time for season 59. Season 57 could be hit or miss (I honestly have no idea what the 20 year olds look like this season), but that is of no fault of yours or his if it is a weaker class.

Italy and Spain are ahead of us, I did not deny that. You are arrogant to think that their U21 teams are ahead us because of number of users for their country. That was my point. Did you ignore my fact about Israel (186 users) who is doing just fine for U21 and NT development? You're looking at the number of users as if they play a huge factor for how well a U21 can do, but once you hit 500+ users, there really is no excuse.

Of the 12 teams ranked above the USA for U21 World Rankings, 10 of the 12 have fewer users than the USA. You only get 18 roster spots per season, so if you train 18 amazing prospects, the number of users don't matter...

Bubbles BuzzerBeater Official YouTube Channel:(https://www.youtube.com/@BubblesBuzzerBeater)
This Post:
313345.13 in reply to 313345.7
Date: 01/15/2022 16:35:14
Flashover
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Reuben Jones 2.0
It is not mandatory as a benchmark, but it definitely means something if you can take your club team to the NBBA, you must know a thing or two to get there. The fact that you made it to DII 4 times but got relegated right after promotion 3 out of those 4 times speak for itself.

And yes, what about the u21 players? Can you elaborate?

Respectfully,
G

This Post:
313345.14 in reply to 313345.12
Date: 01/15/2022 19:25:18
Overall Posts Rated:
It's good that someone does have confidence in him, because i have about 0 based on the answers, across the board honestly amongst all 3 candidates for that matter. The answers for some of my questions and the questions of others make me extremely concerned that the plot has been lost on the u21 side recently.

Hopefully whomever wins proves me wrong, but i don't find starting a thread elsewhere to overcome the mediocre responses in the debate thread a way into my vote, it does quite the opposite.

This Post:
313345.15 in reply to 313345.14
Date: 01/15/2022 19:48:20
Wilmington Tiger Sharks
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Waipahu Fighting Cocks
I am impressed with your foray into this topic, but whenever I identify problems with anything in life, I always have a solution to suggest along with it -- or else...what's the point?

So, what's the point?

This Post:
313345.16 in reply to 313345.14
Date: 01/15/2022 19:59:00
Flashover
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Reuben Jones 2.0
Looks like you just joined this season. Are you a returning user?

This Post:
313345.17 in reply to 313345.15
Date: 01/15/2022 20:13:52
Overall Posts Rated:
If we as a nation want to make a serious bid to win, we need multiple managers nationally or internationally to buy into doing so. trying to chase down people also going after personal success stories and hoping they'll build exactly as we want is somewhat wishful, as the best u21 player builds aren't the most friendly to economics or team-orriented victories in a system where you have more than a set amount of weeks to get what you need from a player (aka, NT or personal players follow a different development pattern, thus aren't going to be ideal)

If we want to keep creating more depth to the pool, we need newer managers getting on board with how to train, and teaching them on Americas seasons are fairly useful even on PAS players, which was largely disregarded by most of the managers running (all of them if you think about bigs). I certainly get that approach in worlds where your margin for error is minimized and running out of cap is a big problem, but in non-worlds seasons simply assuming you can't get a player capable enough to help you win out of those ranks is something i can't agree with. One of the most free ways the US was largely dominating the Americas scene for seasons is now cast aside and giving them an opportunity to play on more equal footing.

If you want my approach on specific player builds, i am one of those that would rather keep it private, other than to say that i don't feel like the answers provided were consistent with what I've seen work. In DM's perhaps I'd be more open.

and to answer Gforce's question, yes.

Last edited by JPBren at 01/15/2022 20:15:42

This Post:
313345.18 in reply to 313345.14
Date: 01/15/2022 20:14:32
Alaska Alphas
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Oregon Omegas
Just curious how you can say that anyone here has “lost the plot” when it comes to U21, when as far as I can tell you’ve had your team for less than a season, are not active on the forums or on discord, and have offered neither a question or an answer to anything involved in the debate between these two candidates. As someone involved in the community, I see two candidates who have been involved in training and game planning for 10, 15, 20 seasons. I see two managers who have a good grasp on what it takes to run a u21 team, who have contributed the time and effort it takes to be considered strong candidates in the U21 arena and who I would be happy to entrust our team to. In my personal opinion, I think Antwon has shown a better case to lead us based on his club success and his history of training U21 players for the teams of several different past managers. I also think his upset in the semifinals of the USA tournament last season shows a killer instinct and ability to take risks and gamble successfully in big games. That being said, I think oriolekid has demonstrated a strong ability to scout upcoming and future opponents and I value that skill and would have no qualms with him leading the team in that regard. I’m not sure what it is about either candidate that makes you think you can come in and say you have any lack of confidence whatsoever, as a d4 manager you probably haven’t even sniffed any of the issues that a U21 team would encounter and I think your “extreme concern” is completely unfounded.

Last edited by Nick22 at 01/15/2022 20:16:39

Join the BB USA Discord! https://discord.gg/kApjNTK

This Post:
313345.19 in reply to 313345.17
Date: 01/15/2022 20:22:03
Wilmington Tiger Sharks
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Waipahu Fighting Cocks
Everything you said rings true, maybe get involved with the team in some capacity and see that their community and dedication is quite strong. As an outsider to the process, I can honestly say that both Antwon and oriolekid are both passionate, competent, and fitting of our support. I don't have to say anything about khenry, he's as good of a manager as you'll find in the game. A pool of managers dedicated to U21 does exist, and there are numerous folks that would welcome another voice and help guide folks who are new to the process. Jump in and find out. Thanks for your contribution, can't say that wasn't a premium response, and it definitely was the one that I was after.

Last edited by fury508 at 01/15/2022 20:23:05

Advertisement