Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/06/2021 11:38:11
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
I thought it would be an idea to have a general chat thread for the season, where people can post and discuss anything - interesting games, major training pops, questions etc.

There is also a discord per this thread - (305255.1). It seems inactive recently, but maybe if we pop in on gamedays when free then it will be more active.

What are everyone's plans for this season?

Mine are:

* Continue building arena to 10k+.
* Get to play-off final.
* Learn more about tactics, player builds/training and NT/U21.

I made a good start this morning when I hired a member of staff for my primary instead of Utopia team. Luckily it only cost $20k, I'm guessing that isn't the first time that error has been made.

Good luck!

Last edited by testudo at 10/06/2021 11:38:59

This Post:
312109.2 in reply to 312109.1
Date: 10/06/2021 14:47:03
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Those goals are very similar to mine. I aiming to get promoted to the EBBL, I'm looking to have the best record in division 2 so my focus will be on the league. Last season I tanked a few games for the cup but not this season.

I am still looking to improve my knowledge of different tactics. I will be continuing to work with js8 with the U21s and as I'm in the NT election I could even get that role which help my understand of how to use tactics and line-ups more effectively.

I have work to do on my arena but I don't have the cash to invest at the moment.

Good luck with your goals for this season!

This Post:
312109.3 in reply to 312109.2
Date: 10/06/2021 17:32:48
Arsenal 98
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
Just doing my usual - will aim to win what I can but also train - currently it's two English 21 year olds who don't look great for their age but I'm not giving up on them yet. Until these age, I quit training youngsters, or Vecx wants to train again getting to the top of the blue side of the EBBL is very tough so most likely a 3rd/4th place and trying to win the cup is all I can realistically achieve.

Sold my Power Forward today, so the immediate step 1 is replacing him. Ideally I might replace my Centre and one of my perimeter players too, but I'm not sure how realistic finding an upgrade for either is and I need to get a decent Training Exemption going so I can carry higher salaries (another reason not to give up on these 2 yet) and actually win the EBBL one day! Most likely a long way away that though...

In Utopia (I never scouted here before the change to giving them 2nd nationalities) with the 5th pick I've drafted the best player I've had, a 6'6 19y old 67 TSP HOF'er (Nigerian 2nd nationality FWIW) so probably a similar story over there - not ideal that both teams are in similar places but keeps the Friday/Saturday decision interesting I guess - which game or two games are the ones you target to win...

This Post:
312109.4 in reply to 312109.3
Date: 10/07/2021 16:52:13
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Both your trainees have high potential, so you they could be late bloomers you never know.

I'm very impressed that you are able to maintain 2 top division teams, and doing that alongside the NT job as well must have been difficult. Especially impressed with the Utopia team as the competition in there will be a lot tougher than in England,

Hopefully you can maintain such a high standard.

This Post:
312109.5 in reply to 312109.4
Date: 10/07/2021 16:58:18
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
Does anyone have any longer term plans for their team? ie 2,3,4+ seasons

My plan is to continue training my 2 English 21 year olds and hope they carry me to the EBBL and establish me as an EBBL team, just like Vecx or Elmacca etc who find a way to stay at the top every season.

As for Utopia team, I've just managed to promote in to div 3 so I'm hoping I can survive there this season. My main goal for my Utopia team is to train players for the U21 team. This season it looks like I'll have 2 players in the u21 squad (1 20 year old) so I'll have to decide if I sell or keep for my own team after this season.

This Post:
312109.6 in reply to 312109.1
Date: 10/07/2021 17:21:26
Optic Fibres
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wānaka Lakers
I'm actually at a real crossroads with what to do with my team.. I'm not sure whether to invest and try for another title but that will be extremely tough with how strong Vecx's team looks and the investments Zalgiris has already made or whether to just aim to stay in the league and coast along saving some cash. If there were a good couple of HOF's available for how I want to train then I'd even debate tanking and focusing on that for an EBBL push in a few seasons time.

As for U21, I remember saying to Arrows a few weeks back that I didn't think we had a great side and were too reliant on a couple of players but the side actually looks really strong and might be the best I've had in my second spell as manager.. I'm really excited for this upcoming season.

To: js8
This Post:
312109.7 in reply to 312109.6
Date: 10/08/2021 00:23:27
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
The u21’s have looked really promising in the scrimmages so far! Hopefully we get a nice draw this season and can make the knockout rounds again.

If you want any help messaging managers just let me know.

The EBBL will be interesting this year, Vecx looked pretty comfortable last season but Vycka is building a monster team this season so he looks like he’s the front runner in my opinion. I’m excited to see the battles between them both this season!

Last edited by arrowspg5 at 10/08/2021 00:27:04

This Post:
312109.8 in reply to 312109.7
Date: 10/08/2021 06:03:46
BC Žalgiris -
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Žaliai Balti -
I have project for next 4-5seasons.
So first I aiming for B3 tournament,I have whole season to make It,there's now three ways,not only cup & league,but also BBM.
Off course thinking about double this season,I decided go big with salary cap.
Goal In next 4-5seasons reach the Final of B3. I complete my squad and ready for new season!
Hope so we all get more fun,and way more active community this season.

Best of luck every1 !

Kind Regards,
Vy

This Post:
312109.9 in reply to 312109.5
Date: 10/08/2021 17:43:32
Roaring Lions
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Blue Pandas
My plan for my team is always to train players to get into the u21 and then NT. Combined with this, I am seeking to train two 18 draftees players at a time switching between guards and then Bigs. So I trained Redding and Sengupta to cover Guards/PG and now working on Ad and José to cover C/PF. Once they are done going back to Guards.

It is a long investment and time consuming but I find it more fun personally to train than to just keep buying other players all the time. Just have to manage the wages salaries. Will need to promote to the EBBL to save more and then plan to drop back down again depending on training needs etc..

This Post:
312109.10 in reply to 312109.2
Date: 10/10/2021 10:56:19
Team Nook
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Team Nook Yellow
First game in the bag! A 25 point win to put me with the best record in my division. Hardest game of the season next for me as I go away to the EBBL demoted team MILF Hunters, a win puts me right on track to go for the best record.

Interesting to see every EBBL game was decided by double figures, very much a contrast to my league where most of the games were very close. Good to see 2 of the promoted teams getting a win in the first game. Intriguing start to to the season in the top flight.

This Post:
312109.11 in reply to 312109.10
Date: 10/13/2021 10:19:15
BC Black Dragons
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi guys,

Congrats on the NT vote Vycka! Unlucky arrows.

57 votes though?!? Are people coming back to the game? I remember the old days of about 10 votes max. XD

Finally coming back to the game myself, got a decent trainee so fancy trying to stay in D2 as long as I can, but if I drop it's not the end of the world, I'll bounce back. I bought those three players last season to fight for promotion this season but they ended up being far better than I thought and got promoted. I'll take the promotion money either way.

Will see how the season goes... GL all.