BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > National Team Debate Thread

National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
308441.2 in reply to 308441.1
Date: 03/23/2021 14:11:37
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow don't everybody register all at once!

To use a phrase of my mothers....nobody gives a happy rats ass. But that's what happens when you have the same core group of guys in control for as long as we have. Which is actually only a small part of the problem what I feel has always been the big missing piece is that as a whole not enough users care about what happens with this team, and that is because aside from occasional instances we just don't do anything to get people interested. Now I don't have easy answers for what ails us in the pipeline or with tactics, but I damn sure can help with the interest part. So at the very least a Lambini regime would show you a good time. https://youtu.be/H5NqIsnyTG8

This Post:
308441.3 in reply to 308441.2
Date: 03/24/2021 12:45:23
Flashover
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Reuben Jones 2.0
404. That's an error.

The requested /National Team Speech was not found on this server.

This Post:
308441.4 in reply to 308441.2
Date: 03/24/2021 14:41:45
Wilmington Tiger Sharks
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Waipahu Fighting Cocks
Hey, I have nothing against you, but I don't believe what you're implying here is true.

To blame the NT's failures on the same core group of guys isn't fair. These guys are involved with gameplanning, rosters, scouting, and are dedicated to the teams success. What khenry did extremely well was bring a council of great managers into one accord and they won together, and lost together. They were dedicated, faithful, and loyal -- and did a great damn job in my opinion. On their own accord.

If you get elected, you'll need that same support.

I don't think this is the way to get it.

Just one manager's opinion who has no stake in the game, but I do appreciate all the staff that dedicated their time to the NT. I never once got the impression that only some were welcome. I think it's more of a question of what you have to bring to the table.

Good luck in your endeavor and I hope you realize that you'll need that same core around you to be successful if you should get elected.

This Post:
308441.5 in reply to 308441.4
Date: 03/24/2021 16:25:16
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey, I have nothing against you, but I don't believe what you're implying here is true.

To blame the NT's failures on the same core group of guys isn't fair. These guys are involved with gameplanning, rosters, scouting, and are dedicated to the teams success. What khenry did extremely well was bring a council of great managers into one accord and they won together, and lost together. They were dedicated, faithful, and loyal -- and did a great damn job in my opinion. On their own accord.

If you get elected, you'll need that same support.

I don't think this is the way to get it.

Just one manager's opinion who has no stake in the game, but I do appreciate all the staff that dedicated their time to the NT. I never once got the impression that only some were welcome. I think it's more of a question of what you have to bring to the table.

Good luck in your endeavor and I hope you realize that you'll need that same core around you to be successful if you should get elected.

I've seen how these people interact, how truly cloistered and closed this little group has been. I've seen complaints from those who feel that appointments to the squad are based almost as much on how chummy they are with the cabal as opposed to how much the player can help. And when I ran for the u21 last season and tapped into former league mates across my now 10 years on this game to try and drum up support i was surprised by the number of respondents said they were not even aware there is a national team.

This is what I mean when I say that the team suffers from a lack of interest.

To wit.....

In the USA 45 users of 781 have cast a vote regarding the performance of the direction of the national team, that is 5.7%

Italy 59 of 1159.... 5% and that surprised me, but I bet there is a similar dynamic in play

China 31 of 431 7.5%

Spain 113 of 1131 10%

France 82 of 726 11.3%

Germany 48 of 355 13.5%

Brazil 28 of 196... 14.3%

Israel 30 of 189 14.5%

And then we have Argentina.... 101 of 324 for a whopping engagement level of 31.2%

This is what I am talking about when I say interest. And I think this is the last thing the guys on the discord who let's face it are the guys pulling the strings do not want to see. New blood brings new thought, new ideas, and since we have seen a GE change which I think has materially changed the dynamic of the game it will be new schools of thought which will determine how players of all walks will be developed. Now as it is I think it's going to take around 5 seasons for the builds and mindsets of the past to be overtaken by the new reality. It will be those on both a club and NT level that best traverse these new roads who will see the biggest fruition. None of that happens however without fresh input, and I am as adept as anyone out here in attracting those who will provide that input.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 03/24/2021 16:40:21

This Post:
308441.6 in reply to 308441.5
Date: 03/24/2021 17:39:26
Overall Posts Rated:
You have been welcome to provide input but you simply haven’t. Why would anyone want to follow/interact with you if you can’t be bothered to be involved before potentially being elected?

Fresh ideas are what are needed; an overhaul of the system is not. You would know this if you attempted any involvement that wasn’t constantly playing victim.

There are more than 200 USA users on our Discord. Not just for U21 and NT, but for club help as well. Would that be something that could be advertised more? I’d agree with you there. That’s a place where the community input for U21 and NT has been as good as ever. But to say you’ve heard about any significant number of users not knowing there is a NT would be asinine and that is on them for simply ignoring a feature of the game.

That’s also the part where you illegally BB-Mailed about your candidacy to “drum up support”. If you’ll go around the rules for an election, what would you do in charge?

(307177.42)

And this beauty:
I've seen complaints from those who feel that appointments to the squad are based almost as much on how chummy they are with the cabal as opposed to how much the player can help.

Please name a single player that made the team in the past 8 seasons based on being “chummy” as opposed to being a team asset. I’ll wait.

Last edited by khenry at 03/24/2021 17:47:59

I once had a team with 1757 players and was $25,835,360 in debt. This is not that team. Join the Discord group open to anyone, but especially for USA managers to improve your club or get involved with the U21 and NT programs (https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2).
This Post:
308441.7 in reply to 308441.5
Date: 03/24/2021 18:14:21
Flashover
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Reuben Jones 2.0
I've seen complaints from those who feel that appointments to the squad are based almost as much on how chummy they are with the cabal as opposed to how much the player can help

Explain, then why did Khenry kept Hamm on the roster when Zenith deliberately fired two (as far as I am aware of) NT player / potential callup from his team? Your logic does not stand lol

A lot of managers devoted real life years as well as their team success in making and keeping NT caliber players.

For those you have reached out to, the fact that they are not aware of the existence of a National Team, they probably don't devote much time to this game either, let alone spending enough precious time to developing NT caliber players.

This Post:
308441.8 in reply to 308441.6
Date: 03/24/2021 18:55:03
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
You have been welcome to provide input but you simply haven’t. Why would anyone want to follow/interact with you if you can’t be bothered to be involved before potentially being elected?

Fresh ideas are what are needed; an overhaul of the system is not. You would know this if you attempted any involvement that wasn’t constantly playing victim.

There are more than 200 USA users on our Discord. Not just for U21 and NT, but for club help as well. Would that be something that could be advertised more? I’d agree with you there. That’s a place where the community input for U21 and NT has been as good as ever. But to say you’ve heard about any significant number of users not knowing there is a NT would be asinine and that is on them for simply ignoring a feature of the game.

That’s also the part where you illegally BB-Mailed about your candidacy to “drum up support”. If you’ll go around the rules for an election, what would you do in charge?

(307177.42)

And this beauty:
I've seen complaints from those who feel that appointments to the squad are based almost as much on how chummy they are with the cabal as opposed to how much the player can help.

Please name a single player that made the team in the past 8 seasons based on being “chummy” as opposed to being a team asset. I’ll wait.

This response sponsored by the BB UNDERGROUND, https://discord.gg/nJJSAcA all viewpoints welcome, even those we disagree with

Sure over 200 have registered for the discord, but just how many of those check it out a time or two and then abandon the endeavor, easily 80%, but that's probably normal.

As for players who I personally know who I suggested go thru the channels for guidance both reported being met with a attitude they found to be dismissive. And these were both guys who reached out thru tradition on site methods. Even if I went thru just to ask an opinion on a player I knew good and well was too old to reach his potential but who I thought (correctly in my book) had some tread left on the tires that I could build into something to be serviceable. Your response in particular was needlessly vitriolic.

Lastly in regards to my mining of what in reality are what you call in the business world "taps" to drum up support, seems like it worked a little bit, enough to give your guy a run for his money. As for this being something that was a breach of protocol, who is to really say. Management obviously had better things to do with their time then worry about me. Don't worry I don't plan to do that this time around, last time it was a spur of the moment spontaneous act born from having the free time available to do so, took about 90 minutes to do that.

This Post:
308441.9 in reply to 308441.8
Date: 03/24/2021 20:56:06
Overall Posts Rated:
I've seen complaints from those who feel that appointments to the squad are based almost as much on how chummy they are with the cabal as opposed to how much the player can help

Still waiting.

I once had a team with 1757 players and was $25,835,360 in debt. This is not that team. Join the Discord group open to anyone, but especially for USA managers to improve your club or get involved with the U21 and NT programs (https://discord.gg/cKpNkt2).
This Post:
308441.10 in reply to 308441.9
Date: 03/24/2021 21:02:05
Overall Posts Rated:
If this was a ranked vote election, my ballot would go:

1. Dubness
2. Teemo
3. Samboner (haha boner)
4. Immortal
5. Literal sheep’s crap
-
-
-
12,870. Lambini