USA - II.4 > Season 50

Season 50

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
304847.5 in reply to 304847.4
Date: 06/03/2020 20:54:58
Overall Posts Rated:
Good to see ya again! I can't believe we first faced each other in season 34, that's wild. I know I need some urgent lineup changes if I'm going to compete here, but it's going to be tough. I wish the season roll-over was slightly longer between playoffs and game one, but I know everybody else is facing the same time pinch.

Best of luck to you!

This Post:
304847.6 in reply to 304847.4
Date: 06/03/2020 21:18:57
Atelier
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bomboclaats
My team is trash... who knows why BB puts my ranking so high

2x NBBA Champion: S55, S56. 3x USA Cup Champion: S54, S55, S56. WR for longest home streak ever at 11 in Season 47.

To: Apex
This Post:
304847.7 in reply to 304847.6
Date: 06/04/2020 12:31:21
Defenseless Babies
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Smoke and Mirrors
My team is going to shock the world and finish in 7th!!!

This Post:
304847.8 in reply to 304847.7
Date: 06/04/2020 12:53:32
Atelier
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Bomboclaats
You're right, nobody is gonna finish lower than Holocron... lets be real here

2x NBBA Champion: S55, S56. 3x USA Cup Champion: S54, S55, S56. WR for longest home streak ever at 11 in Season 47.

To: Apex
This Post:
304847.9 in reply to 304847.8
Date: 06/05/2020 12:47:24
U.K Nuggets
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
U.K Nuggets II
I beg to differ, Apex will be finishing lower than I. Fool is a scrub manager! Na but for real I’m ready for this new season and my youngins to not be liabilities and reclaim my playoff spot.

This Post:
304847.10 in reply to 304847.9
Date: 06/05/2020 17:09:40
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
Good evening basketball fans wherever you may be (h/t to Bill Schonley)!

This season marks the 50th anniversary of Buzzerbeater and this season's champion will once again earn the privilege of promotion to the ultimate challenge, the NBBA!

We've got a promising season in front of us, filled with transfer wire intrigue, training, promotion, and demotion plans, and the always unknown Cup draws to balance alongside what will undoubtedly be a tough league once again.

Let's get things started with Big 8 predictions.

Predicted order of finish

1. Lunch Room Bullies
2. Brighton Mammoth
3. New York Dragons
4. Barbaric Yawps
_____
5. [Insert Name]
6. Mouthbreathers
7. Chronic Pain
_____
8. Southpaw Army

1st Round: LRB over BY and NYD surprises BM
Conference Finals: Lunch Room Bullies over New York Dragons

The Teams:

Lunch Room Bullies
At 17 and 5 last season, LRB was upset in the first round by upstart Brighton Mammoth, with both teams pounding the ball inside. The Bullies have a massive payroll and heavy depth. They have the potential to carry deep into the Cup and gain the nod at 1 for their talent, depth and potential to bank enthusiasm.

Brighton Mammoth
Last season's darling, Mammoth finished the season 13-9 and met their match in the conference finals against the eventual champ, The Closers. Like the Bullies, Mammoth has a massive payroll, but also the type of depth that could potentially carry them far into the Cup. They'll contend for the top spot, and the difference could come down to Cup draws, tactics, and the Bullies sense of revenge.

New York Dragons
This homegrown team features only players drafted by the franchise. And what a franchise it is! This team is developing young top-end talent, and they could disrupt the status quo this season because of it. While they have a number of aging players too, the team's ability to cross-train could prove the difference with young, high potential players all over the place. A potential downfall could be the team's training plans as they may be patiently seasoning this group. Still they have the most potential for in-season development.

Barbaric Yawps
The Yawps get the nod for the final playoff spot because of their top-end talent, managerial experience, and the strength of their starting 5. Yawp has been around since Season 9, and last season's DIII.12 champs come ready-made and unfazed to compete now.

The best of the rest:

[Insert Name] - This team hung tough in a tough Big 8 last season, finishing at 10-12 and winning their relegation series. Mathematically this team is in the top four returning teams, but are they shaking things up? If the Dragons don't develop like expected this franchise is poised to take a playoff spot.

This Post:
304847.11 in reply to 304847.10
Date: 06/05/2020 18:31:45
Visionaries
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Oh wow, you guys are fun!

Unless I have a significant change of direction, I won't be anywhere close to living up to that national ranking. I'm in rebuilding mode and will probably drop straight down to D.III from here.

This Post:
304847.12 in reply to 304847.10
Date: 06/05/2020 18:46:34
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
Over in the Great 8:

Predicted Order of Finish:

1. LeBron Slams Up
2. Serapo Gaeta
3. Defenseless Babies
4. Rip City Revival.
_____
5. U.K. Nuggets
6. ATL The Hawks
7. Milwaukee Lethargy
_____
8. Visionaries

1st Round: LSU over RCR, SG over DB
Conference Finals: LSU over SG

The Teams

LeBron Slams Up

This franchise barely hung on last season and returns nearly every player from a 6-16 record and a surprise relegation win. They take the top spot through offseason acquisitions and the potential to sell their current listed players for even more upgrades. This is a big leap for this team, but in a conference where there are more unknowns than knowns, this franchise could make that big leap up.

Serapo Gaeta

Another franchise that returns every player from last season's 12-10 team. The team came on strong toward the end of the year, winning 4 of their last 5, including a 2 point OT victory over the team ahead of them on this list. Meza and Bayat anchor an extremely strong two-man attack, and there may be just enough depth for the team to inch its way upward this season.

Defenseless Babies
Like the team just below it on this list, this is a team that may see some skill slippage throughout the season. Still a fantastic pair of 27-year-olds motor this team forward. This a determined franchise with a relegation series win and they've proven they have no problem going to the transfer wire mid-season for help when needed. This group plays D and that will always keep things close.

Rip City Revival
Normally a team that finishes 17 and 5 will be an automatic favorite to take over the top spot. But there are just too many questions surrounding this franchise. A team that won with depth last season now has only eight players of D2 quality on its roster. And without depth, can the franchise hope to make a deep Cup run again, and bank enthusiasm? Probably not. The positives are two top-end quality players and a solid 8 man rotation. The negatives are age and injury risk. If they can muster up some depth and stay healthy there's a thin margin between 4 and 1.

The best of the rest:
U.K. Nuggets
If you can only play two players then this is your team. This franchise wins the NBA jam tournament. But with more than 50% of the payroll tied up in two players, depth is the question facing this franchise. Do they have enough? There's hope on the horizon with multiple U21 players being trained alongside Sherwood Dickens (my vote for the best name out there). Like the Dragons, this team could make significant gains in training and vault up this list. And if other teams can't handle their two beasts, then they'll quickly move up.

FINALS PREDICTION

Lunch Room Bullies over LeBron Slams up

Now let's play the games and prove this all wrong.

Last edited by Jbogroff at 06/05/2020 18:47:45

This Post:
304847.13 in reply to 304847.11
Date: 06/05/2020 18:55:36
Rip City Revival
III.5
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rip City Utopia
Guys like you always scare the crap out of me, because that competitive itch can get scratched at any moment and you probably have the resources to put a great team together.

This is shaping up to be a nice active forum, and a great group! Reminds me of the D3 league I was in just before promoting to this league.

Last edited by Jbogroff at 06/05/2020 18:55:53

This Post:
304847.14 in reply to 304847.13
Date: 06/05/2020 19:43:36
Visionaries
NBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
I've only got $14.5M cash on hand and practically $0 roster value. if I'm in 6th or 7th somehow at the end of the season and the other conference looks weak, maybe I'll try to snipe a relegation win. But I need a lot more cash than this to make it back to B3 contender status. In fact even this group of 19yos I'm training are just going to get flipped for cash in a season or two before the real trainees get acquired.

But yes, competition is more fun than this training/tank mode. So you never know!

Advertisement