BB Global (English) > dead transfer market

dead transfer market

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
208.2 in reply to 208.1
Date: 06/14/2007 06:03:18
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe this "injection" of un-owned players in the market happened a few times already. I didn't catch any of them either... And for what I heard they were young also...

This Post:
208.5 in reply to 208.4
Date: 06/14/2007 16:39:22
Overall Posts Rated:
Can we move the game engine upgrade up just so we can get more games to test it out? Could play the cup games on the old engine if that is at all possible.

This Post:
208.7 in reply to 208.3
Date: 06/14/2007 22:00:15
Molson Canadians
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Unfortunately, this is one of the downsides of starting a new game - with only 100-150 test users, there aren't going to be many players on the transfer list just yet. Most users seem to be spending within their budget, and there is no real need for a lot of extra cash, so people would rather keep their high salary/market price players than sell them, especially if there is nobody on the list to replace that player.

On the plus side, this is something that will surely fix itself with time. In the meantime, we're certainly open to any suggestions for how to fix this until we do grow to a large enough size.

This Post:
208.10 in reply to 208.9
Date: 06/20/2007 18:52:00
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem is really just temporary though isn't it? When BB is opened up, and a lot more humans are playing, you would assume the rate of selling and buying will increase dramatically.

We really are not here for winning but testing out the existing features as much as we can. The problems are going to be at a completely different level when a lot more humans are playing.

As beta testers we are looking for fundamental flaws. One of the things I can see with the market is the lack of really good bidding system. It doesn't really compare to eBay I think it will need more tracking of previous bids etc so managers can find there out-bidded prospective players easily.

Creator of (http://www.buzzerbeaterstats.com) and (http://www.buzzerbeaternews.com/) -- Ex GM of Australia -- Division 1 winner of Italy Season 1 then moved team to Australia after the country was created by the BBs. Australian team manager for 2 seasons. Won various tournaments and division 1 titles in the following seasons.

This Post:
208.11 in reply to 208.10
Date: 06/21/2007 00:21:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, that's true.

One suggestion I can give is that on the "Bids" page, instead of dissapearing the player after someone outbids you, it should just show always the team that currently has the higher bid, no matter if it's you or someone else, so you can easily go make another bid if necessary. Basicly, you will see on your bids page every player that you made a bid on, until their auction is over, then they dissapear.

I currently use bookmarks to go around this problem, but that's just more like a patch, and it's also only a supporter feature.