322487.18 in reply to 322487.17
Date: 01/04/2024 09:26:37
Súria Lakers
IV.32
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Súria Lakers II
As Justin said:

Also, when playing Outside Box and One the +1 defender calculation is more affected by OD. When playing Inside Box and One the +1 defender calculation is more affected by ID.

Does that mean your +1 defender will be your PF/C? No... I think it might be that if your PF/C are the ones with the highest OD+ID(+bonus)+SB formula, but maybe someone have a SG with great ID and it chooses him over their PF/C, right?

Then in order to play a great box+1, should we focus our gameplan in a different way? I don't know if this might be true but...

1. Try to imagine who is going to be the best offensive player of rival team.
2. Try to know if this player is going to shoot more from the paint or from outside.
3. Pick your "box and one" variant depending on who you want to play D on the rival player.
a) if you think the best offensive player will be an inside scorer, you must play "inside box and one" in order to get the best ID+SB defender over him.
b) if you think the best offensive player will be an outside scorer, you must play "outside box and one" in order to get the best OD defender over him.

Does that make any sense?

What I get from my assumptions is that Patience might be destroyed with a good "box and one", right?

PKT desde la Temporada 4

Para ver la imagen en mayor tamaño:
(https://i.postimg.cc/mDhxMLDX/e3700169252f336ab3c187ad4773...)
This Post:
322487.19 in reply to 322487.18
Date: 01/04/2024 11:34:11
QQguest
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
As Justin said:

Also, when playing Outside Box and One the +1 defender calculation is more affected by OD. When playing Inside Box and One the +1 defender calculation is more affected by ID.

Does that mean your +1 defender will be your PF/C? No... I think it might be that if your PF/C are the ones with the highest OD+ID(+bonus)+SB formula, but maybe someone have a SG with great ID and it chooses him over their PF/C, right? XD

Maybe you didn't follow my initial post (322487.9).
My guess is based on my interpretation of two games (it's also possible that I misinterpreted), rather than the content mentioned by BB-Justin in that post.

This Post:
322487.20 in reply to 322487.17
Date: 01/07/2024 21:28:26
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think so.
I guess the two defensive strategies just select your "best" defensive player, then this player will defend the strongest offensive player of your opponent, no matter which the offensive player's nominal position is.

This Post:
322487.21 in reply to 322487.6
Date: 01/12/2024 10:06:26
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
I have 3 players on my roster whose combination of OD+ID+SB equals 37, being those 3 my best defenders as a consequence.

One of them has very high OD, so I guess that if I choose outside box-and-one he will be the "one".

But what about the other two who are more inside oriented defensively? Is it correct to assume that in the case of inside box-and-one the player who has the higher ID will be chosen ? Or do sublevels play a part on this calculation?

For example:

Player 1: OD 10 ID17 SB 10 = 37
Player 2: OD 9 ID 15 SB 13 = 37

Player 1 has higher ID and should be the "one", right? But if you count sublevels, hipotetically player 1 adds to 37,4 and player 2 adds to 37,6. In this case, will player 2 be chosen as the "one"?

Last edited by Bernspin at 01/12/2024 10:07:37

This Post:
322487.23 in reply to 322487.22
Date: 01/13/2024 07:36:58
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
What is the ID/SB of the 3rd player? I'm not convinced he is out of the running for the Inside Defender spot just yet.

the player with high OD that I had left out of the picture have ID and SB around 6-11, let's buzzerbeaterly say.

what about sublevels? eager to read some of your reflections about this. or they are just not relevant in this matter?

about the pickup game, i'm looking forward for the invite (i'm talking about my main team btw).

Last edited by Bernspin at 01/13/2024 08:49:52

This Post:
322487.24 in reply to 322487.21
Date: 01/13/2024 12:58:55
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
I have 3 players on my roster whose combination of OD+ID+SB equals 37, being those 3 my best defenders as a consequence.

One of them has very high OD, so I guess that if I choose outside box-and-one he will be the "one".

But what about the other two who are more inside oriented defensively? Is it correct to assume that in the case of inside box-and-one the player who has the higher ID will be chosen ? Or do sublevels play a part on this calculation?

For example:

Player 1: OD 10 ID17 SB 10 = 37
Player 2: OD 9 ID 15 SB 13 = 37

Player 1 has higher ID and should be the "one", right? But if you count sublevels, hipotetically player 1 adds to 37,4 and player 2 adds to 37,6. In this case, will player 2 be chosen as the "one"?

Oh, well, I played this afternoon my main team against my utopia team and the "Player 1" from above basically guarded all the shots from the utopia's best shooter. When "Player 1" got subbed, all the shots became guarded by "Player 2", and when "player 1" went back to court he took the role again of defending every shot of the utopia's best shooter.

In this case utopia played inside iso and main team played inside box-and-one, I don't know if the tactics were different the defensive behaviour would be the same, but I got many answers from this match. Probably lots of people here already knew all of that, but still.

This Post:
322487.26 in reply to 322487.17
Date: 01/16/2024 10:31:08
QQguest
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I tried two pickup games.
In one game, I used the "inside box and one" tactic, and the best defensive player (best OD, best ID, best SB) in the lineup were set to defend as PG.
In the other game, I used the "outside box and one" tactic, and the best defensive player (best OD, best ID, best SB) in the lineup were set to defend as C.
For the inside box and one game, I cannot be completely sure, but for the outside box and one game, it seems like the best defensive player is probably the "+1" player.
Therefore, it is highly likely that my interpretation of those two games before is wrong.
My previous assumptions naturally do not hold.

This Post:
322487.27 in reply to 322487.26
Date: 01/17/2024 05:45:43
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
I tried two pickup games.
In one game, I used the "inside box and one" tactic, and the best defensive player (best OD, best ID, best SB) in the lineup were set to defend as PG.
In the other game, I used the "outside box and one" tactic, and the best defensive player (best OD, best ID, best SB) in the lineup were set to defend as C.
For the inside box and one game, I cannot be completely sure, but for the outside box and one game, it seems like the best defensive player is probably the "+1" player.
Therefore, it is highly likely that my interpretation of those two games before is wrong.
My previous assumptions naturally do not hold.

I'm not sure if that's what you are trying to say, but from what I understand, regardless of the defensive positions the players are set up for the game, the best defensive player (according to the engine) will always defend the opponent's best attacking player, regardless of the set up position of the best defensive player and regardless of the position of the best attacking player. This will almost always disrupt the defensive matchups of the other 4 players, since they will play zone defense. However, I think box-and-one can be effective if well planned, specially against patient and isolation offenses. Actually, if well planned, it can be a kriptonite against patient. Just saying.

This Post:
322487.28 in reply to 322487.22
Date: 02/06/2024 05:57:46
Súria Lakers
IV.32
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Súria Lakers II
Sorry to bring this on again, but I have a doubt

Is the formula of the +1 affected by the position on the court or is it only skill based? I mean, could a PG be selected to be that player before your C?
Does this work the same way with outside and inside +1?

Thanks.

PKT desde la Temporada 4

Para ver la imagen en mayor tamaño:
(https://i.postimg.cc/mDhxMLDX/e3700169252f336ab3c187ad4773...)
Advertisement