Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/14/2020 21:49:38
.Torres Blancas.
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

I have a question, how is the season fixture determined?

It's somehow unfair having to deal with an advanced Cup's game having 2 home games less than the rival. That's why I'm asking, to see if there's something I can do to pick a more favourable fixture in the future.

This Post:
305489.3 in reply to 305489.2
Date: 07/15/2020 10:54:07
Overall Posts Rated:
I think he might mean opponent and it is possible that someone has had 2 extra home league games than the opponent at this stage of the season before a cup game: half of the teams played 4 home games in the first 7 and then one of the conferences has played the home games on Tuesdays while the other on Saturdays. So on Thursday at this point in the season 25% of the teams have +1 home game than the average and another 25% will have -1 (wrong conference and 3 home games in the first 7). This realigns partially next week (ASG week) when the games that were meant to be on the Tuesday are shifted to Sunday. The teams in the conference that has the first home game will have no home game in the ASG week.

In some rare circumstances, I suppose you could have 3 road games in a row (game 6, 7, 8 - I've had this before) plus 2 road TV games and the first rival game also on the road. But yeah, since it's random you could have the same situation with home games, too.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 07/15/2020 10:56:20

This Post:
305489.4 in reply to 305489.3
Date: 07/15/2020 11:39:17
.Torres Blancas.
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
You got the point perfectly.

So you say it's random? Is there any official info on that? In other games (like Hattrick), the fixture is based on the previous season's standings.

This Post:
305489.6 in reply to 305489.5
Date: 07/15/2020 15:38:53
.Torres Blancas.
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks a lot.

This Post:
305489.8 in reply to 305489.7
Date: 07/16/2020 12:38:31
Overall Posts Rated:
now while i did had the fun of 3 away games in a row this season it look like i was the only one
You cannot be the only one.

By conference, 4 teams start at home (let's call them A-D) and 4 on the road (E-H). For 4 games they all play each other alternating home and away, meaning if A will play E-H in the first 4 games and so will B, C and D. It also means that week 2 is the only week (game 3 and game 4) when every team has exactly 1 home game and 1 road game.

From game 5 to 7 A will have to play B, C and D, but of course they all played game 4 on the road, so 2 among A-D will have to play on the road again. Let's say A-B play at home and C-D repeat on the road, then game 5 matchups are C@A and D@B and game 6 consequently A@D and B@C.

Now in game 7, it's going to be A v B and C v D. Either A or B will play again on the road and either C or D will play again at home. Le's say it's A@B and C@D, then A+C have played 3 home games and 4 road games and B+D have played 4 home and 3 road games. Because E is the opposite of A in the first 4 games and follows A for the next 3 games, E must also have 3 games in a row on the road.

Using the notation above, in your conference:
A= You
B= Eyetiger
C= Killers Reformed
D= Ramat-gan
E=Jerusalem TET
F=Eliztur
G=Katyushas
H=Haifa Lynx

Game 8 is conference based. As Perpete said, Red always starts interconference games, so team A and team E on the blue side have 3 road games in a row in the first half of the season (and D and H on the red side have 3 home games in a row).

From all the above you can also draw more general conclusions and can also understand that in terms of weekly gate receipts the 3 games in a row are not the whole story:
- B has the best possible schedule, money-wise. It is the only team to have a home game every week until the ASG. In other words, B will have at least 1 game advantage (in terms of receipts) over every other team in the conference.
- Consequently G (which does not have 3 road games in a row) has the worst schedule. Starts with a road game and has 1 home game per week thereafter, which means he will always be 1 game-income short compared to B from week 1 to week 10 when conference games resume
- D, F and H all have 4 home games in the first 5 weeks, so they are even with B at some point. D is short for 1 week (he has 2 away games in week 3 and 2 home games in week 4), F for 2 (week 1 away, but has 2 home games in week 3), H for 3 (week 1 away, 2 home games in week 4)
- E , C and A are therefore worse off, although slightly less so than G. E is short for 8 weeks, C for 7 and A for 6

I think that whether you are B or G is down to luck, but it's possible some criteria are used.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 07/16/2020 13:07:50

This Post:
305489.10 in reply to 305489.9
Date: 07/16/2020 13:30:41
Overall Posts Rated:
You are right A, C, E and G are all short for the same number of weeks (for the purpose of the financial update). However G and E are handicapped from the get go (E is slightly better because games 4-7 are H-H-A-A so he recovers momentarily), C from week 3 and A from week 4.

The problem here is that some teams have more money available 'sooner' of course.