BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Which method gives better results?

Which method gives better results?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277740.2 in reply to 277740.1
Date: 02/29/2016 09:26:50
Overall Posts Rated:
Let's say that I wanted to train my guards with the inside scoring. Which option should give better results: IS at PG (60%) or PG/SG(70%)

I know single position training trains specific players the fastest but I don't know if the higher percentage for the dual training, in this case, would be better?

The IS at 60% would be less bad - you'd be training at 60% of the training speed that would happen if you were playing him at C and training IS for C. The 70% for PG/SG means you're getting 70% of the training speed of IS for PF/C, which is probably ~60-75% of IS for C.

If your focus were exclusively on maximum training speed, you'd want the guy to play at C and do IS for C. If you wanted to still maintain fairly normal lineups, if you could play the guys you're training at SG or SF that would be a little faster as well.

This Post:
277740.3 in reply to 277740.2
Date: 03/01/2016 13:53:01
Overall Posts Rated:

The IS at 60% would be less bad - you'd be training at 60% of the training speed that would happen if you were playing him at C and training IS for C. The 70% for PG/SG means you're getting 70% of the training speed of IS for PF/C, which is probably ~60-75% of IS for C.

To clarify this point, Hrudey is talking about the drop in training per week if you take a single position training and use it as a two position training.

In terms of math (hypothetical numbers involved, don't assume them right):

I think the impact is perhaps not as severe as hrudey suggests, but if you were getting .48 skill per week in inside scoring, you might get .42 instead across two positions in inside scoring. So you train IS at C/PF at 85% roughly.

Training IS at PG is training someone by using a guard to defend them rather than a center. Much easier to shoot, but much less effective to train. So buzzer beater slows the training down to .29 at guard, and therefore two position training would mean .25 skill per week. That is why it is color coded in the training menu. The standard blank ink refers to training that is based in a position that trains the quickest in relation to the other methods, which train at a percentage of it's pace.

So if someone was training their PG in inside scoring by playing him at 48 minutes at center, and you were playing your PG at PG and SG and giving him inside training, then your PG would pop every 4 weeks, while theirs would pop every other week.

Last edited by FurY at 03/01/2016 13:55:05