Help - English > Buzzer-manager and real buzzerbeater

Buzzer-manager and real buzzerbeater

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/24/2016 14:19:07
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,
I checked at Buzzer-Manager all the skills at level 10 ,because it was interesting for me which are main for each position and gives most "rating" for each position. And i discovered some interesting for me (as I'm new one) . I could predict that passing is main for PG (3,38 rating ) and Inside Defense is man for C (3,71). But i found that skills such as Driving and Shot blocking gave the lowest rating for all the positions (max 1,26). So passing lvl 10 is worth almost 3 times more than driving lvl 10. So Driving and shot blocking are useless and not worth training , according to these ratings.
But is it the same in the buzzerbeater? Does these skill like shot blocking and driving are that low value? Why then spend training on driving instead of passing ?

This Post:
277616.2 in reply to 277616.1
Date: 02/24/2016 14:41:20
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello,
I checked at Buzzer-Manager all the skills at level 10 ,because it was interesting for me which are main for each position and gives most "rating" for each position. And i discovered some interesting for me (as I'm new one) . I could predict that passing is main for PG (3,38 rating ) and Inside Defense is man for C (3,71). But i found that skills such as Driving and Shot blocking gave the lowest rating for all the positions (max 1,26). So passing lvl 10 is worth almost 3 times more than driving lvl 10. So Driving and shot blocking are useless and not worth training , according to these ratings.
But is it the same in the buzzerbeater? Does these skill like shot blocking and driving are that low value? Why then spend training on driving instead of passing ?

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the soccer / football manager game Hattrick, but in that game for example your question would be very apt. In that game, the engine essentially accumulates the player skills into the team ratings, and then those team ratings are what determines when teams have a chance to score and if it succeeds.

In BB, the team ratings and even player ratings or projected points per 100 are all informative tools, to be sure, but they're not what the actual engine calculates. Individual player matchups and skills matter - so things like passing on a center, for example, which is negligible in the ratings calculations, the player's salary calculation (as long as he doesn't become a PG) and in the player's potential cap, it can play a significant part in the actual game play. It takes a lot less inside scoring skill, for example, for a big man to make an assisted shot / layup / dunk than it would if he had to go against a competent defender. Having passing on the big men can help get those open shots.

Likewise, driving and inside shot on guards is an exceptionally popular combination right now, because it doesn't increase salary but it is still very effective scoring. The ratings won't reflect it, but that player will be much more effective scoring than a guard with higher primary skills and ratings but without the IS/driving.

The beauty of this game is that, if you decide you don't want to train those skills and you want instead to choose other skills, you're very capable to do so. You might even succeed! Or your may not. I know what I'm doing is very non-traditional, and I highly expect it to be among the most ineffective uses of player skills known to mankind.

This Post:
277616.3 in reply to 277616.2
Date: 02/24/2016 15:16:00
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for reaaaaaally informative answer. Now i understood this . :)

This Post:
277616.6 in reply to 277616.4
Date: 02/24/2016 19:25:34
Overall Posts Rated:
The goal with training is to get as many total skill points (TSP) on your player for the lowest salary.
It may be controversial, but if I were to train my goal would be developing players that win games for my team. It always catches my eye how winning games is secondary to so many other facets of this game.

This Post:
277616.7 in reply to 277616.6
Date: 02/24/2016 22:25:58
Overall Posts Rated:
I've noticed that too. It's as if winning is something they never really focus on.