BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - IV.11 > Matchup Preview

Matchup Preview

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/23/2016 12:45:44
Overall Posts Rated:
Night 2 of league play offers a mix a thrilling games along with a few that you may not need to tune into to know the outcome.

The Big 8 offers a thriller as the Generals bring their loaded roster to town against a banged up I Believe squad. Playing in the Believers favor is the short bench that the Generals have, in hopes that they get winded or in early foul trouble. We may see the 7'1" superstar Graig Hannon in action tonight looking to get some valuable training minutes against a tough foe. Tony France will be more than serviceable to the injured Mink Lenk.
Look for the Generals guard play to pull out the road victory in a tight one.

In a lesser matchup the Condors look to pull off an upset against the Beach crew's frontcourt and Daniel Sandoval. We will likely see a battle down low as C Mike Churchill leads the way for the Condors.
This one may come down to strategy but I like the Beach crew at home.

In another Sleeper from the Great 8, Morgantown faces off against the Bot run Spartans squad. Morgantown will likely take it Easy in hopes for a long Cup run. The aging Mad Dog roster leaves little in the way of training but the veteran bunch will have no problem dismantling the Spartans.
Morgantown in a blowout.

Machete Kills will likely see similar numbers facing off against the Sentinels tonight. Without any roster moves, the Sentinels will bring their stock roster to play against a strong Backcourt for the Machetes.
Machetes in a Great8 snooze fest.

The Savages got some bad advice in their last matchup, losing in a strategy war that may have turned out differently had they let Veteran Josef Å ik play his game. Thy will likely drop 2 in a row as they face the much stronger Mercy Buckets. The Buckets will need to rack up the wins this year because they have little merchandizing draw from their almost completely foreign roster.
Buckets in a multilingual mashing.

A recently revamped roster may help the Force remain relevant against the strong frontcourt of Tartan's. 6'8 PF Whitney Jacques leads the way for the Tartan squad looking to go 2-0 to start the season. The Force Nation is excited to see Joseph Duvall take the court in his Debut but will likely leave disappointed as the Force Towers are outmatched down low. They can only seek some hope that despite being on the trading block, Rookie Superstar Cedric Bacon get some playing time in a close one. One can only wonder how talented that kid would be on the Tartan roster.
Tartans on the road in a close one.

The last Great8 matchup comes from the Poros and Bucks. The Poros has an advantage at every position, led by SF Yehuela Rozen. The Bucks will likely need some roster moves to stay relevant this season along with some training for 18 year old AllStar Evan Clifford.
Poros by 30 on the Road.

Game of the Night!
Turn Up travels to take on the Green Peppers in what could be one of the better matchups of the season. Kasper Loft leads the way for team Turn Up, but the Pepper guards may have the keys to stifle his scoring attack. In another battle of playing style look for team Turn Up to take advantage of their size down low while the Peppers try to avoid the block and the much taller Turn Up bigs. As the Aging Turn Up roster starts slowing down, look for Eulogio Coto and Richard Dennis to get some playing time as the Turn Up future. Likewise, the Pepper squad may turn to Dimosthenis Genaridis to provide some overlooked pop to the lineup.
Peppers at home in a thriller

This Post:
277576.2 in reply to 277576.1
Date: 02/23/2016 14:40:26
Overall Posts Rated:
Great report! Love the match ups. As for the Peppers take on the game of the week: This game is going to show where Team Turn Up ranks in Big 8. Are either of these teams (Peppers and Turn Up) a lock for the playoffs this year? This game paired up with how these teams will compete against Mercy Buckets will give an early representation on how the top 5 will shape out this year. With the Condors coming within 7 points against a damaged I Believe, look for the Condors to make a move to compete for an outside chance at a top 5 spot as well.

All in all who is better the Peppers guard core? or Turn ups trees in the paint?

This Post:
277576.3 in reply to 277576.2
Date: 02/23/2016 15:20:50
Overall Posts Rated:
I think based on what I look that there may be some interesting matchup's based on which strategy the GM's utilize in one case I noticed that a team had a stronger backcourt than inside game but utilized look inside thinking maybe the guards would be able to still get their own. It should definitely be a good match up and I might have to follow that rather than my own game

This Post:
277576.4 in reply to 277576.3
Date: 02/23/2016 23:09:34
I Believe That We Will Win
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow good game Generals, I didn't expect to win that one. Weird to see you anywhere but 1st or 2nd. 6th is just wrong.

This Post:
277576.5 in reply to 277576.4
Date: 02/24/2016 11:10:12
Overall Posts Rated:
Machete Kills took it easy against the Sentinals with a Patient tempo and still racked up nearly 100. The scoring combo at the 2 and 3 proved too much for the Sentinels as Massaccesi and Changming accounted for over half the Machete points. The Machetes also dominated the boards, pulling down nearly 20 more rebounds than the Southsound squad. This game could have been more out of hand had the Machetes shot better than 33% from beyond the arc. Merle Oakley led all scorers with 30 for the Sentinels while Cross, Changming and Parann amassed double-doubles

As predicted the Mad Dogs whalloped the Spartans as all 5 starters scored double digits, along with Sukrimanto off the bench. Not much went right in this one for the Spartans as they were doubled up in points, boards, assists, blocks and turnovers. Virgilio Barao led all scorers with 26 while C Chen Ziquan was 1 dime short of a triple double.

Despite putting more effort into the night, the Generals came up short against the Believers. The game was tight thru 3 quarters but the Believe squad pulled away in the 4th. The Generals 2-3 Zone forced up a few errant shots but wasn’t enough to keep the Believers down. Racking up 30 assists in this contests, the 2-3 was too slow to shift, allowing several inside looks including 9 buckets in the paint from Tony France. The replacement for Mink Lenk showed no weakness putting up 21 and 12 with 7 assists. Andre Luis de Miranda led all scorers with 23 for the Generals but was a sowerful 1-9 from the perimeter.

The Condors 3-2 zone couldn’t slow down the hot shooters of West Palm Beach as they shot 55% from downtown. Giving up nearly a 50% marker from the field the only reason the Condors kept this one as close as it was, was by going 13-14 from the charity stripe. Mike Churchill had an efficient night going 19 and 10 with 4 dimes as well as picking up 2 blocks and steals for the Clairemont club while Mario Chenpicked up a double double for the Beachers. Ball control proved to be a problem for the condors as every player had at least one turnover. Juan Pence led the way with 28 points.

The Poros stifled the Bucks shooters holding them to 25% from the field and an awful 16% from deep. The Poros spread the wealth in this one, as every player entered the scoring column despite less than ¼ of their buckets coming off assists. Tadeu Orbaiz led all scorers on the night with 21 while Valverde and Manzano finished the night with double doubles.

In the matchup of the night, the Green Peppers did enough to outlast a late game surge by Team Turn Up. The Turn Up’s Low Post offense proved challenging for the peppers as their bigs went for 47, but not much came by way of the backcourt. After a 37 point outing by Kasper Loft in game 1, the Veteran 2 guard only picked up 11 points in this one. Looks like foul trouble may be an issue for Loft this season as he’s getting older, it seems he cant get his feet in place quick enough and has already picked up 9 fouls in just 2 games. The guard combo of Leithner and Montalvo was too much for the Turn Up squad as they went 40% from the field and got to the line 19 times where they picked up 15 points. Dimo Genaridis grabbed 10 boards off the bench for the peppers, matching Turn Up’s Bigs Vouk and Dennis. I’d look to see more minutes for Genaridis if he can keep up that type of hustle. Eriq Leon Leithner led the way with 28 as Vouk and Dennis picked up the games only double doubles.

The Buckets showed now Mercy as they went savage on Golden State. Despite accurately game planning the Buckets inside game, their quick pace proved too much for the savages. All starters shot 50% from the field for the Buckets, despite Yuying only getting 12 minutes. Masse did a great job off the bench in his place with 6 points, 3 bourds 5 assists and locked down the Savage backcourt with 4 steals and 2 blocks. The buckets knocked down all 4 of their 3pt attempts as over half their field goals came off assists. Mars

This Post:
277576.6 in reply to 277576.4
Date: 02/24/2016 13:34:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Yea, I'm not too surprised. I'm lacking a strong interior defender, which I hope to remedy in the coming weeks. We made some staff changes that freed up a good bit of income, so the goal at the moment is just to be in the playoff picture and hope to be ready to win some games on the road.

This Post:
277576.7 in reply to 277576.6
Date: 02/25/2016 11:47:47
Overall Posts Rated:
Cup Games Round 1
IV.11 should have a strong showing in round 2 of the cup as 12/16 teams face off against Bot Squads tonight.
West Palm Beach square up against Sharks13 who bring a slightly more talented but top heavy roster to the court. If the Sharks rest their key players the beach could have a cake walk, but if the Sharks come to win it may be a tough ask for the Beach crew to get the win.
The Poros should have enough to take care of the Nova Strikers. The strikers enter tonight's contest with a fairly basic lineup and the Poros have proven they can get wins when they need.
The Force has no chance against the Bay Harbor Butchers. The Buthchers are stronger at every position by leaps and bounds. Barring injuries or a stomach virus for half the team, look for this one to be over early.
The Bucks have an almost identical roster heading into this one, a last minute acquisition could help the Bucks seal this one or they could hope for an edge with home court advantage.

The Force and WPB will likely be the only first round exits from IV.11

This Post:
277576.8 in reply to 277576.7
Date: 02/26/2016 10:15:02
Overall Posts Rated:
As the IV.11 fans come off their Cup victory highs, league play resumes on Saturday with a myriad of sleepers and a few typical Big 8 battles.

The Beachers will look to Ciro Valsecchi to spark their offense from the 3 spot, but after resting in the cup matchup the Generals advanced roster will likely give WPB their first loss of the season. Look for Randolf Fleck to give the Beach crew a fit in this one.

The Plugs see their first league match tonight but the acquisition of Henry Plant won't be enough to upset the Machete Kills. I expect Dvir Parann to have a big game on the boards and rack up the points for the Machetes.

The Mad Dogs of Morgantown can rest peacefully in this one. Unless the front office only plays its reserves, the dogs have nothing to fear in this matchup, much like every matchup this season. The fans are hoping to see Zeb Dodge, the 45 year old vet get a start for the Dogs, as he squares off against Joseph Duvall, the superstar rookie for the Force.

The Sentinels appear to be standing firm at this point in the schedule, and not making any roster moves. Even if Oakley goes off for another wonderful performance, he likely won't be able to overcome the stronger Poros squad. Expect big things from 7'5" Piergiorgio Foglia and the Poros'.

Mink Lenk returns to the court tonight for the Believers as they take on a talented Turn Up club. A solid back court for the believers should be enough to dismantle Turn Up. Team Turn Up will need Kasper Loft to return to his prime and put up a 30+ point performance to stay relevant in this one, despite the strength of Vlado Vouk. The combination of Lenk and Tony France in the paint should be enough for the believers in this one.

The Tartans will likely stay undefeated as Whitney Jacques looks to continue his dominating start to the season against a less than average Bucks team. I look for the Tartans to lay off the gas in this one and still provide a blowout win.

Green Peppers have placed a few veterans on the chopping block this week, but it's foreign squad will still have enough to take out the Savages. A trio of Greek players led by Dimo Genaridis will be more than enough to topple Josef Sik and the GS crew. Look for Sik to get his, but not much else from the savages.

Matchup of the Night.
On most nights there would likely be better matchups, but this week is pretty lopsided across the board. The Mercy Buckets have had a weak schedule to start the season, allowing them to take it easy against most opponents. Vitaly Kalabushkin will likely stuff the stat sheet tonight, along with probable double doubles from the Mercy bigs. Mike Churchill will be the best player on the floor tonight, but it won't be enough for the condors.

This Post:
277576.9 in reply to 277576.8
Date: 02/26/2016 15:10:23
Overall Posts Rated:
May you all get div V cup draws and $50000 every time you pass go.

Excellent write up I look forward to reading more as the season goes. Machete has a solid squad for the division and is a promotion candidate, no surprise there but will we have to see him go.

Having good enthusiasm was a strategy that helped me last season and the one before win games when I didn't quite have enough good players to matchup. I would recommend it, it helps players' form even if the full abilities aren't tapped. Churchill should get some MVP votes this season, maybe not as good as I Believe's. Speaking of which, how tasty is a 60k front court? :)

It's gotime

This Post:
277576.10 in reply to 277576.9
Date: 02/26/2016 15:25:26
Overall Posts Rated:
Ya I was quite unhappy that I didn't get a bot team in the cup... Shitty luck I guess

This Post:
277576.11 in reply to 277576.10
Date: 02/26/2016 19:13:54
I Believe That We Will Win
III.6
Overall Posts Rated:
60k frontcourt is nice, but it was better last year when they had gotten a lot of training and still had 20k salaries.

Also it looks like I have a very tough 2nd round cup game.

Last edited by Abdurakmangadhziev at 02/26/2016 19:15:12