BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Firing the NT-coach

Firing the NT-coach

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/03/2015 04:18:53
Overall Posts Rated:
Our U21-coach does a bad job, was voted without giving a speech, never shows up on the forums and we have no clue whats going on in general. Survey speaks a clear language 0%.

There were a few ideas floating around about how those situations could be handled?

My suggestions would be, that if acceptance stays below 25% for more than 6 weeks, the coach is fired and the job is offered to the person who ended up second in the vote. In addition to that only users that wrote a speech are allowed to become candidates for the elections.

Last edited by Knecht at 09/03/2015 04:19:10

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
273381.2 in reply to 273381.1
Date: 09/04/2015 11:54:04
Overall Posts Rated:

I have to agree with this suggestion. 4 seasons ago we had similar problem with our U21 coach. I know, that NT manager can be changed in drastic situations. So it would make things much easier for everyone.

However, I'm worried that it's also kind of penalty for BB communites, which are not responsible enough to find a good NT coach, and that's why some people may disagree with it.

In addition to that only users that wrote a speech are allowed to become candidates for the elections.

I think that this change shouldn't be implemented. It would be hard to program it, and in some smallest communites of BB world it would eliminate any candidates, or force them to write a two sentences long speech only to qualify to elections. Is it our goal?

Leniwy, stary, wyliniały kocur. Czasem jeszcze zerknie na polskie tłumaczenia.

This Post:
273381.4 in reply to 273381.1
Date: 09/05/2015 21:25:57
Overall Posts Rated:
My suggestions would be, that if acceptance stays below 25% for more than 6 weeks, the coach is fired and the job is offered to the person who ended up second in the vote. In addition to that only users that wrote a speech are allowed to become candidates for the elections.

I believe the acceptance rating stays the same even when the NT coach changes so for this idea to work, the rating would need to reset after the coach changes or someone could get elected and be fired after 6 weeks because previous people who voted never changed their votes for the new manager.

Last edited by mars2333 at 09/05/2015 21:27:37

This Post:
273381.5 in reply to 273381.4
Date: 09/07/2015 08:47:11
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe the acceptance rating stays the same even when the NT coach changes so for this idea to work, the rating would need to reset after the coach changes or someone could get elected and be fired after 6 weeks because previous people who voted never changed their votes for the new manager.

Could be - but that would be very easy to fix, don't you think?

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
273381.6 in reply to 273381.3
Date: 09/07/2015 08:50:54
Overall Posts Rated:
I also agree on the speech part. It's difficult to define what is a speech and it wouldn't stop people to be candidate. I often follow the elections and several times I saw one random user posting the same copy-pasted speech in different countries in the same electoral period, sometimes even forgetting to change the nationality in it. I also saw same exact speech used by really different users, they just copy-pasted one another.

I thought one can only apply for one NT-job at the same time?

What would a speech be? Maybe "Hey I am running for NT-coach, holla!" would be enough. But as the NT-guys should also work as some kind of community leaders I would really appreciate some kind of visible activity that goes further than setting lineups and losing games.

This Post:
273381.8 in reply to 273381.7
Date: 09/07/2015 16:18:00
Overall Posts Rated:
At least you could get an Impression if the application was serious or not.

If no questions are answered I would not vote this person.

So... Can we dump our guy?

This Post:
273381.10 in reply to 273381.9
Date: 09/08/2015 03:29:06
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess you didn't vote for that guy the first time around.

Exactly. Why would I vote a person I know nothing about?

you can contact Nickleon to seek his opinion if you wish.

Ok. I won't to that though, as nothing will happen anyways, so... Happy losing streak for our NT - it's our communities own fault then.

This Post:
273381.11 in reply to 273381.10
Date: 09/09/2015 11:28:23
Overall Posts Rated:
I think cases are so rare that can be delt with in a case by case manner.

If the guy gets voted and actually puts a lineup then its the voters fault if he does a poor job. If it goes beyond that then i guess manual change from admins is in place.