BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Patient vs Iso

Patient vs Iso

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 05/15/2015 14:11:15
Overall Posts Rated:
Are they similar tactics differing only in pace? If I run inside isolation, will the offense look for the best inside scorer from SF/PF/C players or just from PF/C? Likewise with outside isolation, will the offense look among guards or all players in general? I also noticed a tendency for patient offense to focus on guard players, is this my bias?

On a related note, for inside/outside box and one, who's the fifth defender? Are the rest of the defenders playing zone or man to man?

This Post:
270508.2 in reply to 270508.1
Date: 05/15/2015 14:23:21
Overall Posts Rated:

box defense 1 of your guys (i'm not sure who, probably the best defender) will play man to man on other team's best shooter, either best outside shooter (outside box and 1) or best inside scorer (inside box and 1) while the others play in a 4 man zone protecting the rim.

these are most effective vs a team that has 1 main scorer inside or outside, especially the 1 man patient scorer averaging 40+ ppg

I'd say PTB and BO are the closest that only differ in pace. But i'd prefer PTB over BO most days. Higher volume of shots, and usually better scoring in general.

Uh...

I'm not a fan of the isolation offenses, but generally what i noticed is that a good inside SF will score a lot on inside isolation, the C or PF isnt as dominat as expected.

And outside isolation, usually a PF with good JS or JR will dominate, or a good scoring SF. But I don't have much experience using these offenses, so this is from 2-3 games. And might be totally wrong.

As for patient, i've seen a bigman score 55 or so on patient, but that's because he had a +40k salary advantage on the next best player on that team. It does favour the SG-PG-SF position. It can be balanced and have all 5 positions score, BUT, if one of your backcourt guys has a huge advantage overa defender, that guy will hog the ball and probably score 40+ This also works pretty good with a good scoring SF (inside and outside) playing at the SF or PF position. He'll score a lot on patient and take most of the shots.

as for the similar tactics / difference pace

as far as i've seen, Low Post, is about dominant scorers at the PF and C position, and a bit, at the SF position. A guard might score some short jumpers on this too.

in look inside, guards with good driving and inside shot are dominant and tough to guard, and of course, a dominant scorer at the C or PF position works. Your entire team could and should have inside scoring in this, and it seems to be the most dominant and effective offense.

of course, i'm only a few seasons old, so some of what i've said here might be wrong, but this is from my personal knowledge and observations.

This Post:
270508.3 in reply to 270508.2
Date: 05/15/2015 14:28:49
Overall Posts Rated:
cool stuff, thanks for the quick response :) not a fan of isolations as well, always have the feeling that isolation offense is used as a last resort

This Post:
270508.4 in reply to 270508.1
Date: 05/15/2015 15:32:03
Overall Posts Rated:
not the same. very far from the same.

pait is best mis match on the floor regardless of whom it is. iso is the best offensive player

This Post:
270508.5 in reply to 270508.3
Date: 05/16/2015 06:36:50
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
ISO offense picks the player with the best scoring ability for the place of the ISO. So if you play inside ISO and your SF has the highest IS, he will play ISO in the post. If you have a big with high JS he could play ISO on the perimeter in an outside ISO. So I think ISO's can be useful to create mismatches.

Patient doesn't dictate where the offense starts it just looks for the mismatch.

This Post:
270508.6 in reply to 270508.3
Date: 05/16/2015 23:53:38
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
Pay attention about box, it's exactly the opposite of what has been written, you must use box inside if you wanna stop the best outside shooter and viceversa. Same about iso, if you play iso inside you must have decent playmaker and SG on IS cause they will take a good number of shots, iso outside you need to have C and PF with high value of JS

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et
This Post:
270508.7 in reply to 270508.1
Date: 05/18/2015 09:55:16
Overall Posts Rated:
there is some useful discussion on this in this thread as well.

(270497.1)