BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Playoff Tactics

Playoff Tactics

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 04/14/2015 16:59:00
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a very important question that I need to know the answer to by tonight's game.

1st: Is playoff normal the equivalent of the regular season normal? And is playoff crunch time same as reg season crunch time?

2nd: My enthusiasm is motivated, so how much would playoff normal drain that and how much would playoff crunch time drain that?

3rd: Lets say I have a better team than the team I'm facing, but i guess both GDP's wrong, what would be the suggestion for attitude? Also I beat this team earlier this season 80-48, but tried harder. http://digitalfieldtheory.com/match/79083564/boxscore.asp...

4th: Overall, looking at my team and all that, what should I do for tactics and attitude?

Thanks so much!

This Post:
268821.2 in reply to 268821.1
Date: 04/14/2015 17:11:03
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm heading out for a while so I won't be able to give particularly deep answers but...

Playoff normal means your players play like a regular season normal, but your enthusiasm goes up like a regular season TIE.
Playoff crunch time means your players play like a regular season CT, but the enthusiasm works like a regular season normal.

Since you're at motivated, playoff normal will boost it a couple of levels immediately but it would drop down some before your next game. Just based on recollection, a tuesday PON with no Cup game on Thursday at inspired probably would have you playing Saturday on inspired again, while a POCT will probably drop you down to motivated.

I would say if you can find the coachparrot spreadsheet and go to the calculators tab, and then select the effort used for each of the games to date, you will get a very precise estimate of what will happen. Hopefully someone can look at your team and your opponent for more info on that, but I'll just say that if you have easy matches, you always PON; if you know you aren't making the finals, you want to go all out to get to the conference finals for extra revenue, and if you have a chance at promotion, you want to try to make sure to build enthusiasm when you can.