BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Managing Player Minutes

Managing Player Minutes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/19/2014 4:52:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Starting with this new season I am having a problem managing the minutes played in my team. Previously, I would set up my tactics to have my starting 5 only play starter minutes with my backups slotted in for 'backup' and 'reserve' minutes. This would result in my starters playing roughly 33 minutes each game, almost never deviating more than a couple minutes.

This season, however, the same tactics are resulting in my starters playing 45+ minutes each game, even though I assign other players to backup minutes and always select 'Strictly Follow Depth Chart'.

Does anyone know why my starters would be playing so much? Is there something I can do to decrease their minutes?

This Post:
265070.2 in reply to 265070.1
Date: 11/19/2014 5:49:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Starting with this new season I am having a problem managing the minutes played in my team. Previously, I would set up my tactics to have my starting 5 only play starter minutes with my backups slotted in for 'backup' and 'reserve' minutes. This would result in my starters playing roughly 33 minutes each game, almost never deviating more than a couple minutes.

This season, however, the same tactics are resulting in my starters playing 45+ minutes each game, even though I assign other players to backup minutes and always select 'Strictly Follow Depth Chart'.

Does anyone know why my starters would be playing so much? Is there something I can do to decrease their minutes?

Three words that I find myself unfortunately typing a lot: "too much stamina."

The other thing that might have an effect (but I didn't look in your case) is that if you are winning by 20+ after three quarters, you usually play the rest of the game with as many starters as possible on the bench. If you had that occur frequently last season and not this season, that could also explain it, in which case your dominance could have been masking the "too much stamina" issue.

Faster offenses should in theory get your players substituted out a little more, and full court press of course will do that as well, though it's hardly likely to be the best defensive tactic for any given game.

This Post:
265070.3 in reply to 265070.1
Date: 11/19/2014 6:40:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You went 22-0 last season in Div IV (coincidentally, in the division that I got promoted to when you moved up). Just as the GM says, if you were ahead going into the 4th by enough points, your starters will get subbed out. In closer games, like the ones you undoubtedly have this season, your coach will keep the starters in longer so that you don't lose the game.

This Post:
265070.4 in reply to 265070.1
Date: 11/20/2014 5:58:38 AM
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
With the source of the problem explained, the only solution I can give you is to get better reserves and a doctor with massage speciality. The better reserves can make a minor difference, but I have a 99k center with a 67k backup and he still makes 44+ minutes a game because of his proficient stamina. Luckily he can manage high minutes a little better, but that doesn't compensate the big amount of minutes he gets in 2 games, so I try to just start him in 1 game when I can.