Show messages by
This Post:
247999.2 in reply to 247999.1
Date: 09/18/2013 18:56:57
ES Arnould
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello England !

Here I am, standing for England NT election.

Who am I ?
I'm a froggy, former French NT coach over the last 4 seasons.
I've played Buzzerbeater since season 3, and still love this game :)
I have participated in a lot of things in this game, mainly (and obviously) for the French community, training NT players, as a NT coach, and also giving help to young managers to train their good draftees to reach NT.
As i really focused on NT and training players, i failed in reaching the 1st league (mainly because of the salary i had to pay) and prefered to act as a farm for NT over the last season.
IRL, i'm 28, working as an egineer in an international company, which help me to have a decent english level for a french guy :-)

Why England ?
Maybe because you are among my favorite countries in the world ?
Anyway, i've always been keen on your country, and i really think that you can have a better NT team with some more advice/organisation.

Why give up France ?
4 seasons as a head coach, and something like 8 seasons before as a staff member of NT, i think it is time to help another country and share my knowledge somewhere else.

What's my goal ?
To improve England team to a world top 10 team.

Ok, but, how will you honestly do this?
First of all, i would like to create/use if it already exist a database with every player that can be the future NT.
Then, i would like to share with you what are the requirement to high level, giving you some "targets", and obviously work with you on "how to reach them" and "how can i conciliate my team and my NT".
If we manage to work together, i'm pretty sure that you can have a better team than France in 4 to 6 seasons.
Yes, i don't forget that this is a long-term management game, and that things done nowadays won't take effect after some seasons.

In term of straight results, i'll try to do my best in European qualifier pool B, with Slovenia, Switzerland, Belgium and Poland (S24 World Champions) as main competitors.

I think that Eminence Front did good job with your NT over the last 4 seasons.
I already tried a while ago to help you, but i was without experience. (season 8, U21)
I really think that this time, i'm ready for you.
Are you ready for me ?

Vote for me !

(Do not hesitate to ask some stuff if needed, i'll be pleased to answer)

Last edited by Tuck at 09/20/2013 21:16:19

This Post:
247999.3 in reply to 247999.2
Date: 09/20/2013 18:25:32
Overall Posts Rated:
Hall of Fame
I'm currently a candidate. I'm the one at the top of the achievements table for England.

I've won the EBBL-tournament double, the tournament three times, got to the knockout stage of B3. Been around since season 3. One day, I'm going to win B3 with a mostly English roster. Have you seen my roster? It's not all that at the moment, but they are all mostly English.

So I'm a veteran, and as good tactically as anyone playing this game. My record suggests I'm probably better than most at understanding how 5 individual player skill sets can come together to make the sum greater than the parts. And I'm better at managing game shape than anyone else in England. It's not just about picking the five 'best' players.

Now, I've been England manager before (and U21 manager) and I'm not a big fan of EBBL managers being the NT manager as there's a conflict of interest in merchandising revenues. But to be fair, the EBBL has a much more even spread of NT players than before so it's less of an issue to my mind than in previous seasons.

I can't lie, I did mightily enjoy beating Serbia in my first game as NT manager (they were ranked 6th at the time) but the players weren't really up to sustained achievement. Being NT manager and depending on other people managing the game shape of your players, can be annoying. Give me the tools, I'll get the job done.

So, if someone else, who is English, wants to have a go, I don't mind standing aside if I'm convinced they are capable. They don't have to have as a good a track record as my own (but they do have to talk tactics well enough in this thread for me to believe in them, the same way I and much of the rest of the EBBL backed Eminence).

What needs to improve?

The problem with the current team is that the big men aren't good enough. Our Centres are mostly generalists who can't block shots and our PFs have too many holes in their game, they are mostly jump shooting centers.

As a unit playing LI, the team doesn't really know who should be taking the shots and we don't make best use of our guards. We don't create enough mismatches and I advocate playing a score-first style of PG (not my player Sharpling, he would be a back up).

We do have some great players to put around a heavy scorer, but we're lacking leaders.

I would try and win now (I always do when I'm England NT or U21 manager) and also work with the managers of the 22-24 year olds to make sure the problems we currently have with the roster are evolved out.

The idea would be to hand things over in two seasons to let a rising star have a go. But as I said, if that person wants to have a go now, and shows me enough in this thread, then I'll withdraw.

I do not, however, want an anglophile Frenchman as my NT manager. Even if he's Wenger moonlighting.

Tucks make good friars. But we need a Robin Hood.

Last edited by Elmacca at 09/20/2013 19:53:08

Message deleted
This Post:
247999.6 in reply to 247999.3
Date: 09/21/2013 09:25:32
BV Pistons
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
BV Pistons II
Guys, this thread is for speeches ONLY. You may discuss anything you wish in the debate thread, but this tread need to contain only speeches. Thanks.

This Post:
247999.7 in reply to 247999.1
Date: 09/22/2013 02:37:47
Overall Posts Rated:
hello all i dont have anything like the other two candidate but i want to run for the election.if u guys give me a chance i will really try to make england in top 10