Game Shape: strong
Jump Shot: strong ↑ Jump Range: respectable
Outside Def.: respectable Handling: strong
Driving: respectable Passing: strong
Inside Shot: pitiful Inside Def.: atrocious
Rebounding: respectable Shot Blocking: pitiful
Stamina: inept Free Throw: pitiful

Experience: atrocious

I think hes doing pretty well, i've been training 1V1 for guards so far this season ans i think next i will move on to OD but i'm open to suggestions on what would be best for his training.

This Post:
246177.3 in reply to 246177.1
Date: 08/02/2013 16:32:32
Overall Posts Rated:
He's right on pace to turn 19 around the start of next season. Good work!

This Post:
246177.4 in reply to 246177.1
Date: 08/02/2013 17:40:19
Overall Posts Rated:
8/7/7/8/7/8 2/1/7/2 4/2

NT Chances: 0 because of Potential
U21 Chances: marginal at best in my estimation
Chances of him being a good player for you: Likely to be a good PG, unlikely at all other locations.

Pros: No remaining weak points amongst guard attributes that require fixing. Guard height, 7 potential is good for a D.II caliber starter if trained well.

Cons: the worst secondary for a guard is the highest. the IS and ID will reduce any shot that he can defend inside players to near zero while reducing his ability to shoot inside shots to about as low. Some people would also point to low SB and say he's not worthy, but SB is far less important that IS/ID imho. Handling will cause some salary issues at the end of his build.

If you want to train him as a PG: because of his relatively speaking potential, the importance of speed in training is diminished. 7 potential in the grand scheme of things is not low, but when looking to 'cap' a player, you wont have any troubles capping him by the end of his development should you choose to do so. I would probably get Passing up pretty fast to a 12 or 13. It will allow you to see where you sit on the Handling by the end of that training. at 12, the increase that HA causes PA to spike salary is low. I would then move to increase his OD to about the same level, and re-evaluate again. If you want to increase his JS at any point down the road, i would suggest training JS @ SF/PF rather than PG/SG or SG/SF. It will A) spike IS higher and make it to inept or so by the end of the work and B) has ZERO direct training of HA (PG/SG and SG/SF have about the same estimated training amount, which is a tenth or less depending on what age it occurs). I think a build of 12/8/14/13/12/15 or 12/8/16/13/12/14 would be about as optimal as you could make him (the lower end of his projected cap).

If i were you: I would likely look to sell him and find a player who even at a cost of some attributes in primaries has secondaries better constructed and lower initial handling.

This Post:
246177.5 in reply to 246177.4
Date: 08/02/2013 22:29:50
Overall Posts Rated:
8/7/7/8/7/8 2/1/7/2 4/2

U21 Chances: marginal at best in my estimation

57 skill points at this point is number of levels above marginal. On the U21 prospect nomenclature scale he's at minimum allowable and possibility even presentable.

Group hug!
This Post:
246177.6 in reply to 246177.5
Date: 08/03/2013 13:43:44
Overall Posts Rated:
the skill points are good. I have two issues that i think hurt his chances past his skill points

1) I think if he bumps handling up much more with the most common areas, he'll have a high handling. High handling on an 8 or 9 Potential player is significantly less problematic than high handling on a 7. It'll hurt the end-result player in salary and perhaps build. I could probably post my thoughts over in the elastic training guide rather than here, but at the end of the day i would suggest there be a different approach between 7 POT u21's and 8+ POT u21 guards.

2) I think that before he caps, the owner would be wise to at least do some work on inside skills. If he is climbing into cap range by the end of the u21 season (which is plenty possible if we start talking about 15 PA).

So perhaps his chances are closer to 50/50 based on his current pace (which i think is more fair given the amount of potential players with good secondaries so far in the DB), and you do have the final say. I just dunno if i'd have him take this player on a normal plotted path.