BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Brooklyn Nets

Brooklyn Nets

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 06/28/2013 03:18:54
Overall Posts Rated:
Mega Trade Alert! Anyone want to see what the Nets roster is going to look like next season? () = subs

PG: Deron Williams
SG: Joe Johnson (Jason Terry)
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Brook Lopez (Mason Plumlee)

Looks like a pretty strong core for a team. What do you guys think about the Celtics/Nets trade? All Boston really got from it are 3 future first round picks and Gerald Wallace, along with some bad players. Was this a good start to Boston's rebuilding or was it a mistake? How dangerous are the Nets going to be this season if they keep this trade and this roster?

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs

This Post:
244970.2 in reply to 244970.1
Date: 06/28/2013 08:25:14
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Bad for Boston. cuz right now it looks like Nets are gonna be a 24+ first round draft picks for possibly the next 2-3 years (unless something Lakerish happens)

So Boston pretty much screwed out as far as Nets picks goes. But does this put em in the running for the Wiggins sweepstakes? Only time will tell.

Nets got good in this trade. Got a team and now could actually go after the Pacers, Bulls, and Heat

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
244970.3 in reply to 244970.1
Date: 06/29/2013 00:59:47
Overall Posts Rated:
So essentially they have a 6 man rotation for the whole season with even less depth than they had before, pretenders again.

This Post:
244970.4 in reply to 244970.3
Date: 06/29/2013 01:16:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Not really. They have other small pieces that can give quality minutes, I just didn't feel the need of looking them up. They have Tyshawn Taylor who is more than able to play the Point for minutes here and there as well as forwards who can put in good minutes. Come playoff time though, a 7 man rotation is all you need really.

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
244970.6 in reply to 244970.5
Date: 06/29/2013 02:37:02
Overall Posts Rated:
i think rankings will be:
1.Heat
2.Pacers
3.Bulls
4.Knicks
5.Nets

somewhat like that. idk if any team in the east will take down the heat record wise but playoff wise i think some teams in the east can

Last edited by balling_lights_out at 07/03/2013 22:27:16

This Post:
244970.7 in reply to 244970.6
Date: 06/29/2013 04:38:36
Overall Posts Rated:
In terms of the trade, the Nets won overwhelmingly. The nets picked up 3 key players going into next season (although aging). But the big dealbreaker here for me is taking on Gerald Wallace and his whale of a contract (4 yr/ 40 mil.) Although the get some reserves (Humphries, Evans, Joseph, and sign and trade for Bogans) along with 3 picks. I have to think that they jumped at the offer because of the 3 first round picks to help with the rebuilding process (along with trying to win the Wiggins sweepstakes probably). The more I type, the more I like the trade for both teams, but I stil think the nets got the better end of the stick here than the Celtics. Should have just let Brooklyn keep Wallace and I think I like this trade a LOT more for the Celtics.

This Post:
244970.8 in reply to 244970.4
Date: 06/29/2013 06:27:06
Overall Posts Rated:
You really should have looked it up, the only forward of note is Teletovic and Tyshawn Taylor is more suited being a 10-12 man. And that 7 man rotation for the playoffs doesn't look so good if two or three out of your main team is injured. The fact that they gave up all of their frontcourt depth with Lopez's injury history and Garnett's age its not unlikely, I'm also sorry but Mason Plummer isn't coming into the league to be good enough to start if one of them goes down. Combined with their cap space and a rookie head coach this team falls apart towards the end due to injuries and fatigue then gets ousted in the first round as a 4th or 5th seed.

This Post:
244970.9 in reply to 244970.8
Date: 06/29/2013 07:46:27
Overall Posts Rated:
While this is all possible, it's also not the only option. Say all of them are relatively healthy at the end of the season(as they were at the end of this season)... What then? Then I legitimately think they might be the best playoff team in the league.

I think they gel fairly quickly but don't push it too hard during the regular season, make the playoffs as around the 4 seed, and proceed to win the NBA championship.

If Kidd can manage to keep all of his older guys fresh(which I think he can, he was playing just last season, he knows what it's like) during the regular season then I think this is easily the best starting 5 in the NBA.

Edit: Also, is Brooks still under contract for the Nets? Cause that'd be another important piece

Last edited by Eminence Front at 06/29/2013 07:48:31

This Post:
244970.10 in reply to 244970.9
Date: 06/29/2013 10:11:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Nah, Brooks was part of the trade.

"Brooklyn has agreed to send three first-round picks (2014, '16 and '18) along with Kris Humphries' expiring contract, Gerald Wallace, Kris Joseph, MarShon Brooks and a sign-and-traded Keith Bogans to the Celtics for Pierce, Garnett and Terry, a source told Broussard." -ESPN

The Nets gave up 5 players for 3, so they are net out of 2 guys.

Their roster as of right now has
Deron Williams (was clearly limited because of his ankle last season)18 million dollars
Joe Johnson is paid 19 million dollars a year to score 16 ppg, he makes more than LeBron.
Paul Pierce (15 Million)
Kevin Garnett (11 million dollars) along with Peirce just had a LONG season where they had to play a lot of minutes because of lack of depth.
Brook Lopez 13 million with injury history.

Fantastic line up.

But after that you have
Jason Terry (fine great bench guy)
These players have never played more than 10 minutes per game
Mirza Teletovic
Tornik Shengelia
Tyshawn Taylor
Mason Plumlee

A couple good guys like Andray Blatche who magically became decent after leaving the Wizards (imagine that) are free agents. They have well over the cap invested in that starting 5 I just fail to see how they add depth unless they sign more old players at minimum contracts which are never guaranteed to be healthy at the end of the season. And why sign with the Nets when you can just sign a minimum contract with the Heat instead?

I have a feeling this team will be the LA Lakers of last year (Except they fit better together and probably at least won't struggle to make the playoffs in the East)

I hope I'm wrong nothing would please me more than to see someone new in the finals for once but I don't think I will be, I just hope that this team and Indiana don't match up in the playoffs so that the Heat have to play both a very angry Kevin Garnett, and then be forced to matchup with a deeper Pacers team than last year, so that if they do make the finals Wade will officially be damaged goods and they lose. That way LBJ can come back to my team and get us the championship he promised us.

This Post:
244970.11 in reply to 244970.9
Date: 06/29/2013 10:13:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Also does anyone think that Nets Owner Procorov (or whatever the spelling is) and GM Billy King are acting like brand new BB players buying up way expensive players who are too old without reading the manual or the FAQ?