BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.16 > BBTV-Lightning TV

BBTV-Lightning TV

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/23/2013 03:19:06
Overall Posts Rated:
We were able to get a few words from the players of the Neo-Angeles Lightning. The Lightning Manager, promised the fans that he would bring his team to the playoffs by the end of the season. At the time the team was in last place in their division. Later into the season the manager again announced in his press release that he was looking to win the league title. A promise, that unfortunately didn't come true.
We were able to get a few words out of the team captain, Tan Mingjian.

Interview with Tan mingjian:

Q: are you disappointed with the out-come of the season and your early removal from the playoffs?

A: well you know I think anyone would be disappointed. That's just the natural response

Q: You're getting older and there's some potential talk in you retiring. The coach has said that you've dropped drastically in many of your stats/skills, and you still haven't won a ring. Do you think your chances of still receiving one are over?

A: Nah man, the Lightning aren't going to stop until we get that championship, that's the thing. I've never been on such a focused team before. It's our long term goal, which is unusual for me. I feel like I'm usually the one pushing my teammates but that wasn't the case in Neo Angeles. For the most part I'm not going anywhere. We'll have more opportunities.

Q: any comments on averaging 30 ppg this season?

A: nothing to say about it.

Q: what was your take on the all-star game.

A: What do you mean by that?

Q: how do you feel about being the highest paid player in the game and only playing for 9 minutes?

A: well they played me as a Small Forward so I really wasn't expecting much from the game in the first place. My talent is as a guard, and I think if the coach has put me in as one I would have really showed him and all the fans watching a good game.

Q: And what are your comments on only playing for 9 minutes but still getting the second highest rating in the game?

A: No comment.

We told the Lightning's captain not to worry, that he still got the 3 point shoot out victory. Next we talked to some of the other stars on the team, like co-captain Francisco Agustin Zapala, Small forward Mariano Ivan Juez, young prospect Rod Brown.

Q: Francisco, what was your take on the managers optimistic, but whimsical promises?

A: for the most part, he had our support, we were all fighting for a seed in the playoffs, and whatever happened after, you know, happened after.

Q: Mariano, when you look back at the season how do you wish it would have went?

A: not much I would really change you know? We did everything we could, in the end result...well the better team made it to the semi-finals is all I can say, I came into the season league pretty late as the season in Argentina was just ending as this one was beginning.

Q: Rod, you're one of the younger players on the team, the face of the teams future. What kind of responsibility does that put on your shoulders and how does that affect your game?

A: Well it definitely puts some pressure on me you know? When it was me and Luke on the team fans were constantly telling us that we were the hope of the Lightnings future. You'd also here stuff like, "when the real stars retire we won't have a team anymore" It was a bit discouraging but you try not to let it get to you and you use it as fuel in training to become better and prove 'em wrong.

We also got a word in with the Lightnings newest sign Frank Pinto. When asked about how he thought he would do for the upcoming season his simple reply was, "I'll try my best, that's all you can really do, I'll see what the team has to offer but I'm not looking at anything big". This attitude might but him at odds with the teams captains, who are known for their eagerness to succeed.

This has been Tyler Hydson with Lightning TV.

Last edited by Chris Ryane at 02/23/2013 03:20:12

This Post:
236402.2 in reply to 236402.1
Date: 02/23/2013 10:29:30
Overall Posts Rated:
Very cool, very very cool