USA - V.65 > League V.65 Manifesto

League V.65 Manifesto

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 09/20/2011 23:24:59
Overall Posts Rated:
League V.65 Manifesto.

First off, I think everyone here should have 2 goals. 1st, have fun. What fun is playing a game, if your not going to have fun. 2nd, Winning.

I know the Game Engine, reacts to things in certain ways. It seems to value, Inside shots over 3 points, not really that much unlike real life. Its definitely easier to score 2 feet from the basket as opposed to 23 feet away. Defense has great value, both inside and outside. What I think is important is that you give your team an identity. There are lots of ways of doing this. You can model your team around current/past NBA/College/International teams. You just have to decide, where your priority is gonna be, and focus on that. Once you get a handle on that you can move on to expanding your team in other directions, to help balance it out.

There are several ways you can go about doing this. For example, say you'd like your team to be an "Arkansas 40 Minutes of Hell" team. You'd have to identify which of you players have the best defense, and decide if they are good enough to keep. Say you have a Center with Proficient Inside Scoring, but has Pitiful Inside Defense, and Inept Shot Blocking. This is a player you'd want to try and sell, as he doesn't fit your plan. You also have a Shooting Guard, with Awful Driving, but he has Strong Outside Defense. You'd want to keep this player. Depending on how many players on your roster you have, you'll want to trim down to 3-5 players, if they are sufficient enough to start with.

From here you need to access what you have, and what you need. You can look at the transfer list here. http://www.buzzerbeater.com/manage/transferlist.aspx
This will help you narrow your search for what your looking for. So you find and buy 2 players you can use, but the 1 player, that would really complete your idea is just too much money. How can you get this player, you can't outbid people for them. Its simple you can train them.

Training is not an overnight fix. It will take time. Ideally, the best way to train is to go to your staff page. You'll want to narrow your search to an advanced level trainer. Anything more and you are really just throwing money away at our level. You'll want his weekly salary to be lower then 20k. Ideally you'd like it to be less then 15K, but those usually lead to bidding wars. For training you need to accumulate 48 full mins a week. 48 full mins are designated with a 48+, on your Manage My team page. You have Saturday and Tuesday night games, and Thursday's scrimmage (if you schedule 1) to get your minutes in. Training take place, Friday morning @6:10 am EST, unless it runs late.

There are several types of training. Training for the team, includes, passing, rebounding, jump shooting. For players to get trained though, they must play minutes during the week. Team training for Stamina and Free throws, though do not require your players to play any minutes for the week. There is more specialized training, which will select multiple positions, 2 position, will show where they player must play to get credit for his minutes for the week. 2 position training is much faster then team training. It helps your team overall get better. The other option is to train only 1 position a week. This is the fastest way to train. Most of the time you will have to play, your player at either the Point Guard or Center position. The benefit to this is you can train 3 players a week. The benefit to this is you can keep 2 of these players and sell the 3rd for an increase of revenue.

(more to come)

Poll:  Did you find this helpful?

Yes
No

This Post:
196864.2 in reply to 196864.1
Date: 09/21/2011 00:11:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Looks like Trickle is giving an ear to that commie drenched lineup of his. Where's the section concerning LEGEND, comrade? ;)

Last edited by Mix at 09/21/2011 00:20:46

This Post:
196864.3 in reply to 196864.1
Date: 09/21/2011 00:26:54
Overall Posts Rated:
You should pick the Players you want to train, based on how you want to train. If you plan on doing more 2 position training, to help the base of your team get stronger, you'll want to get players with potentials between, Starter and Allstar. For 1 position training, you'll want an Allstar to Superstar potential, maybe a 21-23 MVP, whom hasn't been trained much, you can get them for cheap, too. Age is the most important of all factors. 18 to 20 year olds train the fastest, then slow in the early 20s, before slowing even more in the mid 20s. After 26, though, for most accounts training takes to long to make it worth while for us. Not to say, you won't experience gains, just not a rate that will help us succeed.

Another successful key is to manage your enthusiasm. This is how much effort your players put into playing defense, in a given game. There are 3 types, Normal, Crunch Time, and Take It Easy. Normal will play at your default enthusiasm, figuring that you've never changed it, it will be a base of 5. Using Crunch Time, you'll will lose 1/3 of your enthusiasm for the next game, but it will increase your enthusiasm 133%. So if you have a enthusiasm of 6, and Crunch time, it will give you an enthusiasm of 8 for the game, but the following game, you'll have an enthusiasm of 4. Playing Take It Easy, you'll only play at 66% of your base enthusiasm. So if you have an enthusiasm of 6, and Take it Easy, you'll play at a 4 enthusiasm. However this will add to your 2, to your 6 enthusiasm for your next game and make it about 8. By looking at your upcoming opponents you can decide, who you can save enthusiasm against, who you must use it on, or who you think you have to play normal against. This is, maybe, the best way to win games, you would maybe ordinarily lose.

To: Mix
This Post:
196864.4 in reply to 196864.3
Date: 09/21/2011 00:32:39
Overall Posts Rated:
You lost me at hello, Joga.

be back after Young Frankenstein. 1st things 1st.

This Post:
196864.5 in reply to 196864.4
Date: 09/21/2011 20:33:13
Overall Posts Rated:
The fuzzy math wasn't enough for Trickle. Now he's trying to rewrite the game manual in the spirit of this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Communist_Manifesto with his new comrades. I see where this is headed. Cursed REDS!

Last edited by Mix at 09/21/2011 20:35:57

To: Mix
This Post:
196864.6 in reply to 196864.5
Date: 09/24/2011 02:25:02
Overall Posts Rated:
Let's just cut the bull, PWNY. I hereby put the MAN back in this MANifesto.

Welcome to V65
The first rule of V65 is: you do not talk about V65.
The second rule of V65 is: you DO NOT talk about V65!
Third rule of V65: someone yells "stop!", goes limp, taps out, the game is over.
Fourth rule: only two teams to a game.
Fifth rule: one game at a time, fellas.
Sixth rule: No shirts, no shoes.
Seventh rule: games will go on as long as they have to.
And the eighth and final rule: if this is your first time at V65, you have to play.

BLEED!

Last edited by Mix at 09/24/2011 02:28:06

This Post:
196864.7 in reply to 196864.1
Date: 02/04/2012 00:44:57
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks, this was very informative.

This Post:
196864.8 in reply to 196864.7
Date: 02/04/2012 04:12:56
Overall Posts Rated:
Antoine66,

If you would like some more help or have any other questions, post them here or send me a PM. I'll help anyone out as much as I can. All you have to do is ask.

WFUnDina