BuzzerBeater Forums

USA - V.41 > Season 17

Season 17

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 07/26/2011 10:33:10
Overall Posts Rated:
Well guys last season was pretty great. Congrats to Saradonics Slammers who won the championship with a 26-1 regular season and playoff record! Later today I'll post up a preseason power rankings. Good luck to everyone and lets have a great year.

This Post:
191664.2 in reply to 191664.1
Date: 07/26/2011 13:41:08
Overall Posts Rated:
Pre-Season Power Rankings

1. Buffalo Wings

I think that the Wings and th Lakers could really be 1a and 1b when it comes to favorites in V.41. Since they beat me 3 times last year and even took one game away from the Slammers in the finals. I think Nicholas Faulkner will continue to lead this team with help from Todd Vokac.

2. Cincinnati Lakers

After a 3rd straight divsion final loss, the Lakers underwent a major overhaul. Providing that all the pieces blend together well, this team could win it all. They add Jochen Oswald to team up with Cedric Kolmscholt along with a healthy JMLC and this team might finally have the firepower to advance.

3. Bollingbrook Tigers

This team is still near the top of V.41 but I think there a slight step behind the top 2 teams. Last year it was Fredrick Goetzke leading the teams cause. Unfortunatly he and Matthew Jackson were injuried down the stretch. I think that if there healthy this team will comfortably make the playoffs but there still one piece away from getting to the next round.

4.Tenn. Stallions

Th first entry from a Big 8 team in the power rankings comes from the Stallions. They were the runners up of the Bg 8 last year with 3 of there 8 losse coming from the Slammers, they could easily win this division and make it to the finals. This team has had everyone working together and has a good tem effort which could lead them to the finals. They also held the 2nd best defense last year.

5. Coal Miners

The Miners barely held on to a playoff spot last year. They had a tough rollar coaster ride of a year. If they can keep themselves in shape an play with good enthusiam throughout the year, they could be a bit of sleeper in this league. Cristobal Sacristian Roy has been a force and is my MVP pick for this year. If they can get that defensive stopper watch out.

6. miami ravens

I still think the ravens are one more prolific scorer or a defensive stopper away from making the playoffs here, but its hard to argue with a team that has 2 of the top 3 scorers and 2 of the top 5 MVP vote getters. In the oter division this team would florish but for now they get as far as Lev Maltsev and Miho Relota can take them.

7. Patty Polinators

The Polinators were a bit of a pleasant surprise last year. They managed to string together some huge wins including beating the Buffalo Wings and the Cincinnati Lakers. They have 2 of the top 4 scorers from last year and Matteo Cernades has the ablity to take games over. I think this team wil advance to the division finals before bowing out.

8. Burris Owls

I think the Owls really underachieved last year. They had 3 people in the all star game a top 5 scorer and a top 5 rebounder. With all the conflict in the Big 8 and new teams arriving I think the Owls will get up to 10 wins and make the playoffs in the Big 8.

Should be an exciting season. Can't wait tosee how it plays out.

This Post:
191664.3 in reply to 191664.2
Date: 07/26/2011 16:29:29
Overall Posts Rated:
Great post! Would not change a things. Can't wait to see what "General" Oswald can do dis year. I think the computerized team are going to drop some easy games against this young team. Hello to all new V.41ers! It's a tough league but you can get to the top with good money management, nice Transfer List player (TL), and a-lot of luck.

This Post:
191664.4 in reply to 191664.2
Date: 07/27/2011 00:15:54
Overall Posts Rated:
The Big 8 won't be the same this year I check-up on the competition and Mateo Cernadas,
Tadeusz Komorowski, and Jorge Brito got TL by CPUs. Komorowski is the best of all three and it's a pity that we won't see them this year unless...(Wink,Wink)

This Post:
191664.5 in reply to 191664.4
Date: 07/27/2011 22:20:25
Overall Posts Rated:
uh oh a teaser thats really a shame I thought the Polinators could have really been something special

This Post:
191664.6 in reply to 191664.5
Date: 07/31/2011 23:07:28
Overall Posts Rated:
Can't wait to Stephen Yates is healthy! I can believe how their no competition in the Big 8 everyone in the Great 8. Question:"Is it possible for a team to have their entire roster in the All-star game or be like the Celtics last year and have their starting five in the All-star game? I know it a long time before that weekend but I want to know. Cincinnati I know it not my place to ask but why did you not place JMLC and Oswald side by side? I think the floor would have opened up more even if they can't pass or dribble the pf Cedric would have seen to that. Our team are a-lot alike I think. Except for you have more fire power.

Last edited by Murl at 07/31/2011 23:16:51

This Post:
191664.7 in reply to 191664.6
Date: 07/31/2011 23:54:08
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if its possible but if it is your team definately has the best shot at doing it. And honestly I don't know what I was thinking for some reason I thought it would make more sense to have two really good players playing the same posiiton, obviosuly that was mistake lol. I fixed it for the next game though, and for now on they'll be playing side by side. I kinda think that cost my team the game. And yea I definately see the resemblence between our teams, should make it interesting when we play each other.

This Post:
191664.8 in reply to 191664.7
Date: 08/01/2011 19:14:25
Overall Posts Rated:
Week 1 Power Rankings

The first week is done and over with an we already have a few surprises. The miami ravens nearly knocked off the Bollingbrook Tigers and the Coal Miners blasted ahead of the Cincinnati Lakers. Also in some sad news the 2 former top 8 teams, the Patty Polinators and Burris Owls are no longer in the league.

They said it: Every week I'm going to try to post up a funny or ridiculuous quote made up by a manager or coach and put by a players name. It can be trash talk or just said to create some drama. Just send the quote the players name and the situation in a message to me. Heres the first one:

"It's kind of hard for me to make a 3 when I'm sitting on the bench." ---Jesus Miguel Lamas Cabrera after a loss to the Coal Miners where Cabera only played 11 minutes and the team shot 2-20 from 3.

(Lw)

(1) 1. Buffalo Wings

The Wings started the season out strongly, with a nice 30 point win over beastode to put them in first after 1 game. On Tuesday they have a huge game against their rivals, the Cincinnati Lakers. If they can win a fourth straight game over them, then they could already be firmly in the driving seat for the division title. If Nicholas Faulkner can continue to produce like he did on Saturday, this team could be really tough to beat.

2. (4) Tenn. Stallions

The Stallions might have the best chance to finish with the 22-0 record in V. 41. Their division took a huge blow with the loss of the Burris Owls and Patty Polinators. Meanwhile, this team keeps finding ways to win. They had a nice 18 point win of the het in which 5 players scored in double figures.

3.(3) Bollingbrook Tigers

While it was just one game, the Tigers struggled mightly against the miami ravens. They walked away with a 10 point win, but that was largely due to a 2nd quarter when they outscored the ravens by 16. In the end I think they'll be fine. The ravens have been known to play good first games of the season at home, and with Yu Yufa they'll be fine. Luckily they escaped this one with a win.

4.(4) Coal Miners

After a rollar coaster ride of a season last year, the Miners gave their fans a huge positive in the first game of the season. They managed to beat the Cincinnat Lakers for the first time in there last 4 meetings. Cristobal Sacristan Roy and Narcis Dalleres shined in this game scoring 27 and 26 respectfully. This could be the bottom of the rollar coaster of even bigger things to come this year.

5.(2) Cincinnati Lakers

While I don't think the Lakers are just the fifth best team in this league, I had to drop them 3 spots after losing to the Coal Miners. They got themselves in foul trouble early, and after barely surviving regulation, couldn't handle an overtime period. They have a tough game on Tuesday against the Buffalo Wings. A huge win over their rivals would put them back on track.

6.(6) miami ravens

The ravens proved once again that they deserve to be considered one of the best in V.41. Once again they almost knocked off the Bollingbrook Tigers. Lev Maltsev picked up where he finished off last year, scoring 27 points. I expect them to bounce back and go on a little bit of a tear.

7.(NR) The Dolphins

Since the Polinators and Owls went under it's kind of hard to figure out who to put in these last two spots. I'll include the Dolphins here who got a nice 12 point win of the new york rockers following a performance in which 3 players scored in double figures.

8. (NR) WWIAFTM

They have the longest name in the conference and after a 24 point beatdown of macintosh they take over the 8th spot in the power rankings.

Game of the Week: Buffalo Wings at Cincinnati Lakers

The Wings took all 3 games from the Lakers last year. Both teams are each others rivals which should just intensify games a little. This could go a long way to determining playoff seeding as a loss for the Lakers will already drop them 2 games back. This game could be

This Post:
191664.9 in reply to 191664.8
Date: 08/01/2011 21:20:27
Overall Posts Rated:
Good post, but We have some more flies drop. Riho and Lev are no longer V.41ers.

So the bottom probably gonna go like this:

WWIAFTM is 6 in my book now. Their a inside young team and fully strapped with a foreign Zbo and Marc Gasol.

Dolphins are only constant manager other than me in the Big 8.

Then the unarmed Miami Ravens.The only player that look to help the franchise is 32.

The only shooter now are Jesus Miguel Lamas Cabrera, Jochen Oswald, Narcís Dalleres, Evaristo Cyran, and Stephen Yates.These are the players that are great outside presences. Darren Schilling could be in a year if his coach ever clocked in. The inside belongs to Cristóbal Sacristan Roy, Nicholas Faulkner, Stephen Brock, and Cedric Kolmschot. Al Harrington's Boško Zekovic is a good inside presence too.

Last edited by Murl at 08/01/2011 22:01:23

This Post:
191664.10 in reply to 191664.9
Date: 08/02/2011 01:26:26
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for keeping me honest I cant believe that the ravens finally went under. Jeez this league is slowly losing human teams, Bollingbrook hasn't been in since the 18th which explains there struggle and the Wings havent been on in a week. This league still has the talent, but its struggling a bit. I agree with you on the WWIAFTM being the sixth best team at this point. If they stick around they could easily slip into the playoffs, as for your side of the league I saw the Dolphins being the only active team and they could now slide into the conference finals.

I wish people wouldn't give up on there team after a few seasons. I've been here for 5 straight years, and its tough but eventually you get a whole lot of income and get some serious firepower.

This Post:
191664.11 in reply to 191664.10
Date: 08/02/2011 09:56:07
Overall Posts Rated:
I've wanted to quit many times. But I have hung around hoping the pieces fall into place