BuzzerBeater Forums

BB India > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
180865.2 in reply to 180865.1
Date: 04/18/2011 23:39:39
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi everyone in India.

I am yodabig and I will be putting my hand up for the job as your U21 National Team coach for season 16. I am sure this makes you want to ask a couple of questions. Why does he want this job and why should we vote for him?

The reason I want the job is because this season I have been helping the Australian U21 team and it has been a heap of fun. I would love to run my national team but there will be another candidate running who is one of my best friends and who I will not be able to beat. So with the rest of the world to choose from why did I want to coach the India? Well I have to admit it wasn't my first thought. I thought I would try a really tiny nation with 10 players or less but I was contacted by others and it was suggested to me that I should go for this job. Next India is an amazing country. I have visited it a couple of times and travelled around the nation a great deal. I have also visited Nepal and Sri Lanka. Some other time I will tell you all about some of my adventures there, but my favourite place was Jaisalmer. Next Australia and India have a lot in common, we are English speaking, cricket playing and fun loving nations with a cheeky sense of humor. So I assume we will all get on well.

The reasons that you should vote for me are several. First I love BB and I am on it fairly much every day. Second I have experience helping in the running of an U21 team here in Australia. Third I am a good worker and organiser, I run a massive private league here in Australia with 36 BB teams organised into three divisions. We have teams, federations, ladders and MVP awards. I give away free Supporter packages to the winning teams. We also have our own web site that I run.

If anyone is interested I can provide links to the forums (many thousands of posts) federations and the official web site.

I will be passionate about the job. I realise with a nation like India the job is a lot more about scouting and protecting talent than just setting lineups. I am willing to do the hard work and contact managers to ensure we get the best from our players.

What are my plans for the team? Well some of these may not be popular with some people and I could lose votes here but I will be honest. I am not going to make India number one in BB. We aren't going to win the world championships. The team was fantastic this year but is in disarray next season with not a single international standard big guy available. Hof did a brilliant job this season winning many great games. That is not possible with next year's team and shall not be my aim. My aim will be to instead set the team up for the long haul. To teach and encourage Indian managers to train and develop their players for the benefit of both their own team and the nation. To save players from teams that are going bot. To monitor the development of all our young players not just the ones on the current team to ensure there is an ongoing pipeline of players for both the U21 and National teams for the future.

India has been blessed with having two great coaches last season with Hof and #23. Both have agreed to be my assistants in the future (allowing for other NT committments) and help all of us to make India into the strongest team it can possibly be. I shall try to also recruit some other Indian managers to be on our U21 staff.

I have already spoken to Niko who runs BBstats a fantastic BB website about allowing us to have a private forum there where we can discuss tactics and player decisions together and he has agreed. I would hope the whole Indian BB community can be a part of our team as I by no means think I have all of the answers all of the time.

I will also create an Indian NT Wiki Website to both honor past NT players and celebrate the achievements of the current ones (without giving away too much I hope) as well as including tips and strategies for Indian managers.

So as I am out of space I will just say:

Vote for yodabig.