BB Cyprus > Cyprus Fightes Vs Keraynos Game Preview

Cyprus Fightes Vs Keraynos Game Preview

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 02/15/2010 13:48:59
Overall Posts Rated:
Lets get ready to RUMBLE!!!
Todays show is addressed to the upcoming game Cyprus Fighter VS Keraynos. A lot have been said about the young and challenging team Keraynos during its first year in the arenas of CBBA. This much promising team is not only strong at heart but also in man power as it consist of a fair share of proficient players coordinated by non other than Antonis K.

So with no further ado, on my lefthand corner, the underdog that knows how to receive a punch and keep on its feet. The team with the silver jaw, the team with a staggering uppercut. Ladies and gentlemen I give you the newcomers, Keraynos.
The team consists of 10 players and special attention must be given to the big guys like Adam Patyk, Dai Tinggui and least but not last Aliou Diame capable of compromising the inside defense of any team. Aliou Diame, in our opinion, seems to be the key in unlocking the strategical mystery in winning Keraynos. A player capable of providing double doubles in every single one of its performances. Packing a sensational amount of roughly 20 points per game and a colossal of 20 rebounds. Diame is usually used in a PF position by its manager, thus forming the tip of the offensive spear in the teams tactical planning of either Look inside or Low post. Lets not underestimate Javier Cimbrón, a spanish PG at the age of 21 producing an average between 10 and 20 points with a mean rating of 9 in his last games. Javier Cimbrón is surely not a deadly outside shooter but he can surely cause pain with midrange jumpshots.
Keraynos cannot be considered as a flawless team since its outside players,PG and SG, cannot much the strenght of its big guys. Will the team be capable of keeping its flag up against a defensive planning of 2-3? Can Antonis K. surprise the opposition with a motion or Run and Gun offensive tactic and still achieve a respectable performance? Our advise to Keraynos is keep to the initial plan and hope for the best.

And on my righthand corner wearing blue and white shorts, a team that needs no introduction, the giant of giants, the fighters from the fighting grounds of Nicosia, the team of extraordinary players, the former champions and maybe future champions, ladies and gentlemen I give you Cyprus Fighters.
What can be said about this team. Well I assume most of the things have been said again and again so we will try not to bore you. To start with, the team is managed by our very own Joghnny B. It consists of 12 players, half of which are domestic and from which 2 in the national squad. Which player to give special attention to? The answer is atleast 7 which form the starting line up and reserves. There is no planning that might help to defeat this powerhouse since it can play with the same ease inside tactics as well as outside ones. Despite the fact that Cyprus Fighters has sensational outside shooters, the major strenght of the team comes from its big guys, just like in the case of Keraynos. Zois Gagalatos along side with Sakis Yiannakakos, Nikos Kerkidis and Vissarion Karalikos dominate the airs with their rebounds and contribute to the teams scoring machine. Not only is this team nearly impossible to match up against but furthermore Joghnnys special and clever increase enthusiasm planning makes it unspeakable. Cyprus Fighters is without any doubt the favourite team to win this conflict and the point margin will definitely depend on the starting lineup of Johnnys team.

To sum up todays show we decided to include a skill prediction of Keraynos performance. In the event that Keraynos plays Low Post or Look inside, man to man we predict the below performance taking into account the away game.

Outside scoring: awful high (low post) inept low (Look inside)
Inside scoring: strong medium
Perimeter defense: inept high
Inside defense: respectable low
Rebound: average medium
Offensive flow: inept medium

This Post:
131630.2 in reply to 131630.1
Date: 02/15/2010 13:50:46
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow thanks for your kind words :). I think that coach Antonis knows what games should try to win, and i am sure that the next one is not one of them considering that he saw that on my previous game i played with my reserves.

This Post:
131630.3 in reply to 131630.2
Date: 02/16/2010 18:08:36
Overall Posts Rated:
Ones again good evening boys and girls from your very own channel CWUB. Todays show will include a small review of the most important games of the day but mainly the road to success achieved by the upcoming team Bros on its second year in the CBBA arenas. And here you have it.
1. Walk through the park was todays game of Cyprus Fighters characterized by H. Leberecht during his interview at the halftime break of the game against Keraynos. The former champions turned out to be just to hard to swallow as they dominated the game in both sides of the court achieving a win with 41 points difference. Our prediction for Keraynos game performance was
Outside scoring: awful high (low post) inept low (Look inside)
Inside scoring: strong medium
Perimeter defense: inept high
Inside defense: respectable low
Rebound: average medium
Offensive flow: inept medium
And we did we get it wrong. By not much though!
2. Pisotleros after a respectable performance managed to win the scheduled away game against Paphos and seal themselves from relegation and into the playoffs. D. Florakis stated after the match that its good to be back home and he will train as hard as he can to give his very best. Solid win by a small but developing team that has high hopes for the future is all we can say.
3. Valentinos continues the downslide as the team was unable to win despite the home advantage against Passif Agressifs. Manager Valentinos is trying hard to reform the team in an attempt to resurrect his squad from the ashes.
4. Bros reached a superb win against the leaders of Big 8 in an away game. Sensational performance by the whole team, especially L. Deligeorgiou with 22 points but mainly by M. Fucai with 19 points and 18 rebounds and F. Aranzana with 18 points and 15 rebounds. Huge upset in the Blue Stadium surely made Megalonisos manager fall into deep thoughts about the future of its team. Bros was nearly untouchable with a strong (high) inside scoring performance and an average (low) rebounding. Excellent tactics by the manager Pathos was the keystone to success. What can we say about the new two additions to Bros team (Aranzana and Fucai)? I am not sure......lets just say "Future champios who ever you are watch out cause there is a new team in town"
Taking a step back we remember Bros in smaller divisions back in 2009 when the team was straggling to keep in touch with the average teams of its league. Initial bad transfers and planning forced the team to be unable of future development. But the story of Bros did not end there. Manager Pathos regrouped its team, sold or freed more than half of its players and filled the empty seats with stronger and more charismatic ones, either domestic or foreign. Step by step he reached the CBBA and from the start of the season the team showed its strength. Finally with excellent training plans and exceptional transfers, Bros in our papers is considered as one of the strongest teams in the league and surely if not by this season then surely by the next will play a major role in the championship. Lets hope that the rest of the respectable teams like Ekleptismenoi and average ones like Keraynos and Pistoleroi can keep up with the development of Bros to give a new exciting character to the league.
Thats all we have time for today. We leave you with this last message that just came in.

Disappointing news once again for Pistoleroi as the NT Coach just stated that Florakis the 3.5M player and part of the NT will not be included in his plans in season 12 because based on the manager, younger and better players can be found. This is the second time Pistoleroi bought a NT player who as soon as he was transfered to the squad he was eliminated by the NT. Could this be something more than coincidence? One thing is for sure, Florakis will keep getting weekly training regardless whether the NT approves of him or not, was the answer of the manager of Pistoleroi.

CWBU is out. See you all soon.

This Post:
131630.4 in reply to 131630.3
Date: 02/16/2010 18:21:28
Overall Posts Rated:
Eh eh... I've said that "i don't know if he will stay"... that's different!!!! :-)

Next season I see Pikoulas, Kaliasis, Fasoulis, Gagalatos... Kaikas, Karayiannidis, Yiannakakos, Florakis.... Kraidis, Liaskos, Fintanis, Dontas, Genaridis.

Between these 13 players... I've to chose!!! :-D

This Post:
131630.5 in reply to 131630.4
Date: 02/17/2010 07:59:04
Overall Posts Rated:
Our channel apologises for the misunderstanding of the press statement of our NT coach. Pistoleros manager claimmed that it would be a dream come true for one of his players to be in the NT squad and that he is trying hard to accoplish this for his domestic players. CWUB does not disagree with the methodology or NT coach uses that has proven to be very effective. To back up the above all you have to do is just see the results of our NT this season. On the other hand we all understand that there is a lot of competion regarding an entry in the squad mainly by CBBA teams but also from foreing teams that hold to there posession Cyprus players. among the managers that approve of Steve Makis is Pistoleros the manager of Pistoleroi although they had their different opinions and arguments in the past. Lets just hope that season by season more and more managers will be interested in the NT development and thus not leaving this sensitive issue (NT squad) to the present few.