BuzzerBeater Forums

BB België > [U21] Season 49

[U21] Season 49

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 03/28/2020 07:03:04
Overall Posts Rated:
This season we participate in the Consolation tournament. Nothing priority since I've decided to let our future NT stars play to gain experience.

After 2 away game losses (Estonia and Bulgaria), we are currently 41 on the ranking. The next 5 games are normally all wins, so we would still be able to reach the 2nd round. But that's the maximum we'll have.

Also, I'm currently doubting to continue my journey as an U21 coach. If someone is interested, please send me a pm so I can give you the information you need and prepare yourself for the upcoming season.

I do have a busy life and I can't check BB very often. However I still login every day.

I've not decided yet what to do, but in case of good candidate I'd like to pass on my role as your U21 Coach. PM me if interested.

In the meanwhile, I'll play our GGP prospects and hopefully we still have a nice run in the tournament.

Warrior

This Post:
303878.2 in reply to 303878.1
Date: 05/02/2020 05:44:01
Overall Posts Rated:
As expected, we won our 5 last games with large margins. Our PD was really high so we could manage to finish 15th.
But it doesn't matter, in the next round we'll face Peru. A team who is unbeaten but started with a 0-2 because they were eliminated in the 2nd Chance Qualification.

On the bright side, we have the home court advantage so our chances aren't 0%.

In the context of our GGP, our future talents gained a lot of xp. This was the main purpose of the season.
They are developing very well and I can't wait to see them in action in our senior NT.

This Post:
303878.4 in reply to 303878.3
Date: 05/26/2020 06:32:16
Overall Posts Rated:
Yesterday we played our final scrimmage of the season (55493) We could close our campaign with a win in front of 14.000 fans. Today the players have left the national facilities and returned to their clubs.

I'll start with (hopefully) good news for the future. I want to continue my task as head coach of our U21.

On the other hand, it's difficult to have a plan how to train better players for our U21. If I offer a training program (potential allstar to superstar), many owners drop out and some don't even train the players at all. It's frustrating to discover all this. Our scouts also get little feedback, which makes it difficult to help where needed.

When people follow training plans and train the players the best they can, they grow in this game. If you have an 18yr old player, potential allstar with TSP 50, you can train him into a 21yr old with TSP 95 at the beginning of the season (!!!).
As starting team you can buy this guy (as 18y old) for 50k and sell him as 22yr old for more than 1M. You can also keep this guy and let him play as starter and train another youngster so you can combine results with training youngsters and stay domestic.

I want to end this subject with a question: does anyone in our community has any idea how we can uplevel our U21 national team? I'm open to suggestions and maybe we can turn your idea into something concrete.

But that being said, the preparations for next season have begun. It's time to update our players and make a pre selection for our next campaign in the European Championship. ALSO, don't miss out the upcoming draft on monday!

Keep yourself healthy!

Last edited by Splash_Brother at 05/26/2020 06:46:43

This Post:
303878.5 in reply to 303878.4
Date: 05/26/2020 08:35:03
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Hello Warrior,

it's difficult to give you a piece of serious advice here. By saying this :
"If I offer a training program (potential allstar to superstar), many owners drop out and some don't even train the players at all. It's frustrating to discover all this. Our scouts also get little feedback, which makes it difficult to help where needed."
you made a summary of all what national coach is about : frustration.

Coaches in the game have a wide array of approach to the game : casual, regular, invested and hardcore. Of course you get the best training by getting harcore coaches on board BUT those are much more likely to train NT players, MVP+ guys, and are therefore of little use to you.

So you have to rely on regular and invested coaches to get your U21 trained properly. A solution that might be worth considering, id relying on hardcore coaches with starter teams e.g. fresh Utopia teams or newcomers that are doing very good despite a rather fresh experience.

I did that with my second team and it produced Hemeryck and Ballon, both players that were a staple of the U21 team when they were in it. I achieved this with players potential 6 or 7, and a coach level 4, do it's definitely doable by anyone.

Putting the emphasis on the financial gain is also good, because as you said, the boost is huge, whether if the player is sold afterwards or kept in the team.

This Post:
303878.6 in reply to 303878.5
Date: 05/26/2020 09:11:33
Overall Posts Rated:
Actually big response!

Coaches in the game have a wide array of approach to the game : casual, regular, invested and hardcore. Of course you get the best training by getting harcore coaches on board BUT those are much more likely to train NT players, MVP+ guys, and are therefore of little use to you.

You're right about the types of managers and the little use for our U21. In my personal perspective, I'm also training a big NT prospect. Not planned, but I had an excellent 18r old from the draft. After he's totally ready for NT, I will train U21 players just to help our U21 and boost the quality.

For U21 prospects, I can name few managers who are training the players as planned. But I don't think it's logic. Because most people want to earn quick money and they want quick results. This can happen by training U21 players. It makes no sense. But maybe these managers belong to the first group, casual coaches because this is a long-term game...

So you have to rely on regular and invested coaches to get your U21 trained properly. A solution that might be worth considering, id relying on hardcore coaches with starter teams e.g. fresh Utopia teams or newcomers that are doing very good despite a rather fresh experience.

You as staff member for NT also have a lot of xp with giving advice and it's also something I've seen that new coaches need to be guided and they rely on advice from others. The frustration is that they answer and try it, but drop out in a couple of seasons. Not all of course, but a lot. New Utopia teams seems to be a better idea. Like you said, these are hardcore managers and they start fresh. This can actually work and is indeed a solution.

So you're experience is probably better advice than you think :)

This Post:
303878.7 in reply to 303878.6
Date: 05/26/2020 11:27:49
Kelmis Spartans
BBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Eupen Scythe
Is a temporary solution, of course. Now with my own Utopia I'm prsuiing the training of future NT as well BUT I might have free spots (thus others also will). Training plan id tailored for NT of course, so that might not be the best, but all infrastructure, coaches and staff are all very high.

This Post:
303878.10 in reply to 303878.9
Date: 05/26/2020 12:21:34
Overall Posts Rated:
Already searching :D

This Post:
303878.11 in reply to 303878.8
Date: 05/26/2020 13:52:17
Overall Posts Rated:
Good news! You have all my support (y)

thank you :)

Israel is currently the best U21 country. They have 213 users, 147 for Belgium. So it's possible but I don't like their strategy; they train their higher potential for the U21 team, and when they are 22 their owners train them for the NT. The consequence is that they have to play with their top and high salary C as PG and/or their top PG/SG as C.

I agree, this is not the right strategy. It's easier to train them, but it will kill our Belgian owners if we implement this.