Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
292200.3 in reply to 292200.2
Date: 01/22/2018 23:36:15
TarTeam
III.4
Overall Posts Rated:
In the modern era some people tried to figure out how we can speed up training in order to have players with +140 total skill points.
There is a trick! And after all my scouting I found out that almost no one in the USA community is aware of it.
The trick is that you need to train your trainee only one on one for forwards for the first one and a half season!
The reason is that if we want to speed up training we need to have at least one particular skill much higher than the rest of the skills we want to train.

Really surprised by this statement. I thought this method was known by a large number of managers.

Last edited by TarZip at 01/22/2018 23:37:50

This Post:
292200.8 in reply to 292200.7
Date: 05/29/2018 10:50:04
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Poland 121 USA 91

(Hands on hips, right foot tapping on ground) WHAT the hell was that. Hey looking at matters one could see there were potential issues against the Poles but to get boatraced like that is unacceptable. I look at the roster, were to the end of the group phase and THAT is the best team we can put out there? Not only that there are still Three call ups available. there has to be a couple of guys out there somewhere who could have added oomph. Not that it really would have mattered, Poland had 3 players post between a 20-22 and not only that they did it playing significant minutes. I think our best guy graded at a 18 so yeah we were overmatched.

Two losses in the group phase and advancement is looking shaky at best. I would say the program has taken a huge step backwards to the cusp of the complete mess that the mid 20's represented.

Then again there has not been any reaction by the community in ages so this has slipped under the radar. Maybe there are a few diehards in the discord community who still show real interest but as usual attempts to engage the interest of the USA community at large has failed to materialize. Our manager may be the most decorated player on the planet at the moment, but at this point he is failing our community. Will his tenure leave a lasting posotive impression going forward or will we look back at this a few seasons out and realize what a blunder this became. Is he at the least planting seeds that will bear fruit, or is this going to be a harbinger of bad times.

At this point just getting past this phase would be well and good. Perhaps our esteemed cheif can conjour up with the community to put together a plan which might allow our boys to medal. But winning world's, which was the goal, and which should always be the goal, is at this point a pipe dream.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 05/29/2018 11:00:53

This Post:
292200.10 in reply to 292200.9
Date: 05/29/2018 13:56:45
Greensboro Generals
IV.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes, and no. First off if you got your GS at strong in my book you've done your job. Proficient is unpredictable, so I don't think we can lay one iota on the rank and file who has gone to the time, trouble and expense to build their beast. And I think that most of them are taking NT needs into consideration so again that is not where I see fault. Maybe it was just the way the contest played out but Poland had a much more balanced minute distribution. And I think at the end of the half, and end of the game that can seriously influence matters. And when did this get out of hand? The second period.

Also our decision to prep for inside and Poland going motion influenced matters greatly. I am of the school of if your gonna guess in a game where that guess better be right then you are better off not guessing at all. And when the guess is not just a shade wrong but full blown that gives the opponent such an advantage. GDP is in my book a tactic that is best used in situations where there might not be any other way to pull out the game, in spite of some slight built in advantages Poland had last night was not one of those nights.

I am a zone kind of guy, much more towards 3-2 because 2-3 is so susceptible to outside tactics. Last night is a case where a zone might have helped, yes you lose a little on the boards with a 3-2 but drives tend to get challenged by bigs and outside shots by guards so I am of the view that it is better to play more station to station because in m2m mismatches generally are more easily exploited. And 3-2 still gives acceptable defense against inside tactics. As it was though I would envision a night where the defense is sagging back to protect the lane and the opponent just drills outside shots against guys who are out of position to close out on the shooters.

In the end, it could have been won, but probably not. But getting thumped like a watermelon at a memorial day weekend picnic is significantly below average.

Last edited by Coach Lambini at 05/29/2018 14:17:02

This Post:
292200.11 in reply to 292200.10
Date: 05/29/2018 14:45:51
Overall Posts Rated:
Aren't you fun, being the drunk guy on the 300 level yelling "You suuuuck!!" at the coach during a loss.

I'm not one to be a blanket apologist for all of Sahand's decisions, but I can tell you that whether you agree with them or not, they are well thought out, reasoned, and available on Discord the weekend before the game for any and all to comment on. Sahand has shown a willingness to listen and even change his strategy based on community input. If you want to actually effect change in the program I recommend getting on Discord and giving thoughts to the process. Less fun perhaps than having 20/20 hindsight, but then what is?

As far as the program in general, the rough consensus of those who have some knowledge of our roster options and that of other countries is currently the US has a talent gap vs the best 5-6 programs. Something that can't be fixed very quickly when players take 9-10 seasons to fully train, but that Sahand has said he's addressing via contacts with managers. I'm sure he can elaborate if you ask.