This Post:
Date: 12/26/2017 04:22:43
MyBBTeam
MBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Tak Cuba Tak Tahu
S40 conclusion

Many thanks to all U21 managers for making this season possible.

We did a decent job, we didn't play our best lineup for the last game of the season so we "helped" Japan to collect their first trophy ever. However, we had a fair fight and didn't give the game away so I have to congratulate Japan for their win and for their historical season.
As always, we were 1 win short from continental semi-finals, if we had won the game against HK (or if we had lost by a little margin), we would have had our chances... Nonetheless, it was a pleasant season with some talented players.

Fred Londou was such a great contributor to the Malaysia U21 NT, he now is in the historical top 10 for Malaysia U21 NT in terms of games played (31) and points scored (380). He scored 53 points against Saudi Arabia.
Alexey Hollis was the main inside force, a really strength of nature and a future very good inside player for higher leagues if he is still trained. He took 22 rebounds against Saudi Arabia.
Shentu Jianxin who helped us in many different areas, he is clearly a very well trained player and will be around for a long time. He scored 29 points against Vietnam.
Julian Chew was already with us last season, unfortunately, he didn't improve as fast as he used to but provided where we needed him. He scored 40 points against Japan.

I don't forget all other players who didn't shine as much as our main players did or the younger players who helped us and will still be with the team next season. Thank you all!

Cheers,
Nicolas

This Post:
291094.2 in reply to 291094.1
Date: 01/07/2018 17:54:20
MyBBTeam
MBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Tak Cuba Tak Tahu
S41 roster

Season 41 roster has been made. Some small additions could be made during the season but if all goes well, we have our roster. Our Malaysia managers are really doing a great job at training our young players. Kelana Jaya Knights has 3 players in the team and RedDevilz Basketball Club has 2 players in the team. It's funny to note that 2 of 3 best paid U21 players are only 20yo.

Overall the team is decent and we might be ambitious depending on the draw.

Eduardo Freitas from Nova. (Malaysia)
Alex Malinggi from RedDevilz Basketball Club (Malaysia)
Mei Jiaxiong from Tak Cuba Tak Tahu (Utopia/Malaysia)
Walter Gombili from Kelana Jaya Knights (Malaysia)
Jackson Gatut from RedDevilz Basketball Club (Malaysia)
Andy Kong from Kelana Jaya Knights (Malaysia)
Hou Hengying from Hammer Milano (Italia)
Chris Chong from Miami Heat US (England)
Albert Gertzman

Plus 4 20yo:
Afreen Anandhakrishnan from Arizona Jazz (Russia)
Anthony Vincent from KennyRogerss (Malaysia)
Theo Mache from Kelana Jaya Knights (Malaysia)
Xu Tingjiang from Kementerian Belia dan Sukan Malaysia (Malaysia)

This Post:
291094.4 in reply to 291094.3
Date: 01/09/2018 12:55:56
MyBBTeam
MBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Tak Cuba Tak Tahu
First of all, you really did a lot for the NT, our NT has never been as competitive as when it was under your management. As for the U21 NT, we have a few dedicated trainer the world would envy us if they knew how good our trainers are. And you did your part too, Davis bin Aldean is the 2nd best scorer of the U21 NT history and Buran would have been there too if his team mates had allowed me to play inside based tactics.

As for our guards, we should be all good this season but Ludlow will join the team next season at the latest. There are 2 other players who could really be interesting this season, depending on how our current players do, I will keep this option open.

This Post:
291094.6 in reply to 291094.5
Date: 01/16/2018 13:49:07
MyBBTeam
MBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Tak Cuba Tak Tahu
The worst possible start! The team is talented, we should have been able to take this game. Their best scorer (42831518) is 20yo, earns $6,345, has a respectable GS and a DMI of 28400. He scored 42 points against a very decent defender.

I was expecting a walk in the park, we got our ass kicked. It's a shame and it's all on me. Our WR is the worst I can remember of. I think it's time to find someone more competent than me to take over and to put back our U21 NT on the right track.

This Post:
291094.8 in reply to 291094.7
Date: 01/23/2018 11:29:13
MyBBTeam
MBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Tak Cuba Tak Tahu
Thank you for your support, it's not only about that game, there was another game against Algeria a few seasons ago. Overall, we're not going in the good direction with a world rank getting up and up. We are far of what we were a few seasons ago. The direct consequence is that our WR give us a very tough schedule: England, Iran, Argentina, Kazakhstan, Greece and Estonia. At least, we can try to upset one or two higher ranked nations.

I feel that the team could do better with someone else and it makes me very frustrated, I see talented players I don't use at the best of their abilities.

Edit: Xu Tingjiang was present for our first game, there are no excuses to be found.

Last edited by Nico4nicolas at 01/23/2018 11:31:03

This Post:
291094.10 in reply to 291094.9
Date: 01/24/2018 11:31:39
MyBBTeam
MBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Tak Cuba Tak Tahu
You are by far a better national manager than I ever was. You would do a better job with our U21 NT, aren't you interested to manage a upcoming talented team?

This Post:
291094.11 in reply to 291094.10
Date: 01/25/2018 22:12:33
Overall Posts Rated:
No worries, is only 1 game defeat, we still have many games to revive our season.

U did a good job already.

Ii think we could achieve more coming season soon as we have lot of good talents now.

Last edited by RedDevilz at 01/25/2018 22:19:49